Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    poult is offline Asst. Coach

Holmes done for the season

chiefs put him on IR today. too bad for those that were hoping hed be back for their fantasy teams.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I am not surprised.

They are not going to the playoffs, no use injuring him further.

He did this a couple of seasons ago too. It was towards the end of the season. Got injured and decided to put less stress on his body and didn't come back.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I am not surprised.

He did this a couple of seasons ago too. It was towards the end of the season. Got injured and decided to put less stress on his body and didn't come back.

It does absolutely kill my fantasy football team though. He really should have toughed it out so I had a shot at the $250 1st place prize in my league. LOL. I will now be writing him a letter asking for $250 that I would have won if he would have played. LOL

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

I had Priest one one of my fantasy teams.....I'm so glad that I picked up Julius Jones after the thanksgiving game! I'd be in some serious trouble if I didn't make that move!

At least I still have a very good shot for the $70 first prize in my league!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

T-Bone is offline Rookie

Speaking of fantasy leagues...I've got a couple of decisions to make.

Need to play 3 WR out of Javon walker (vs. Det) Boldin (vs. SF) McCardell (vs. TB) and Branch (vs. Cin)

Need to play 2 RB out of Alexander (vs. our almighty run D) Barber (vs. Bal) Droughns (vs. MIA) or can pick up Onterrio for rest of season

Any ideas?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"T-Bone" wrote:

Need to play 3 WR out of Javon walker (vs. Det) Boldin (vs. SF) McCardell (vs. TB) and Branch (vs. Cin)

Need to play 2 RB out of Alexander (vs. our almighty run D) Barber (vs. Bal) Droughns (vs. MIA) or can pick up Onterrio for rest of season

Any ideas?

I'd play walker, boldin, and branch. I have mccardell and have been reading that he is expected to have a good day, but I don't see it happening. Tampa has a good D, so i see them shutting him down. It will probably be tomlinson and gates getting most of the balls in that game. Experts say start mccardell, since they say he knows how to get open against tampa's D, since he played there. If you see that happening, then I would take out branch for him, since dillion is due for another huge day and brady spreads the ball around too much to count on branch.

Alexander is an easy choice and I would probably go with droughns against a not so good miami run D. Tiki has done nothing since eli has taken over. D's have been staking the line against barber, and making eli beat them, which he hasn't done yet. Eli is also not throwing the ball to barber like warner was as well.

Anyone have any ideas on which 3 WR's I should start? Lelie vs miami, mccardell vs tampa, antonio bryant vs buffalo, tj houshmazadeh against the pats, and rice against us.

"T-Bone" wrote:

Any ideas?
    Walker, McCardell, Branch for sure. You can't trust Boldin he doesn't even have a QB to throw him the ball. Don't take the chance, play the percentages.

Alexander and Droughns. If our Offense was hitting on all cylinders, I would say get O.Smith. We have been sluggish in the run since moss went down.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Walker and Boldin

Alexander and Droughns

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I am not surprised.

It does absolutely kill my fantasy football team though. He really should have toughed it out so I had a shot at the $250 1st place prize in my league. LOL. I will now be writing him a letter asking for $250 that I would have won if he would have played. LOL
    Oh yeah, I drafted Bennett and Griffen(who) ya the guys that were starters, got injured and weren't given their jobs back. That is what FF is all about. You have no control, it is mostly luck. Your guy gets hurt during the game, you're screwed. Coach decides to pull him you are screwed. I hate FF. I will never play again. OK, that is going a bit too far. LOL.

Mc Cardell is going to tear up the Bucs. The Chiefs were able to pass all over the Bucs. That is what having a good TE and RB will do for them. 100+ yds for sure. I am not sure about TDs. He declined interviews all week and is going to leave his talking to his game. He knows the DBs, has played against them in practice for years???????????

T-Bone is offline Rookie

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "T-Bone" wrote:

Any ideas?

I'd play walker, boldin, and branch. I have mccardell and have been reading that he is expected to have a good day, but I don't see it happening. Tampa has a good D, so i see them shutting him down. It will probably be tomlinson and gates getting most of the balls in that game. Experts say start mccardell, since they say he knows how to get open against tampa's D, since he played there. If you see that happening, then I would take out branch for him, since dillion is due for another huge day and brady spreads the ball around too much to count on branch.

Alexander is an easy choice and I would probably go with droughns against a not so good miami run D. Tiki has done nothing since eli has taken over. D's have been staking the line against barber, and making eli beat them, which he hasn't done yet. Eli is also not throwing the ball to barber like warner was as well.

Anyone have any ideas on which 3 WR's I should start? Lelie vs miami, mccardell vs tampa, antonio bryant vs buffalo, tj houshmazadeh against the pats, and rice against us.

Thanks for the input, much. Appreciate it. Word is out that Rice strained a quad. He will get his money worth out of his vat of BenGay. I doubt he will do much (although he is playing our porous secondary). My vote is against him. I am a fan of Lelie. Think he would look great in a vikes uniform. I figure McCardell should be good for a TD against the bucs-I know TB will play him tough but it will be a nice feel-good story, and as Marv Albert always said "If it feels good, keep biting her ass". Housh is playing too good to leave out, especially since Johnson will attract most attention. Bryant is playing well but Buffalo has a lot of momentum and I think they will dominate this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast