Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Hits and misses from 2007 - Defensive players

[size=13pt]Hits and misses from ‘07: defensive players[/size]

By Dennis Dillon - SportingNews
    May 22, 5:26 pm EDT
    sports.yahoo.com

Yesterday, I reviewed my offensive breakout players for the 2007 NFL season and tallied how many hits and misses I had. Today, let’s look back at my defensive picks.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hits and misses from 2007 - Defensive players

i think i read this before it was posted but never commented about it. Mario is a hgue hit. deservingly #1
    We're bringing purple back.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

This guy is a joke he call picking players like Vernon Davis a hit, please...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Corey Williams, DT, Green Bay Packers. Williams was a key member of Green Bay’s line rotation, and he was versatile enough to play both tackle and end. Although he started only nine games, he had seven sacks, 32 solo tackles and three forced fumbles. A free agent after the season, Williams was tagged as the Packers’ franchise player before being traded to Cleveland. Hit or miss: Hit.
    So they trade away a great player and decide to do nothing in FA. Not to mention lose the leader and star of the team but they are still predicted by many (mostly dumbass Packer fans) to not miss a beat.
    :

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Ray Edwards, DE, Minnesota Vikings. He had a productive season—41 tackles, five sacks, 22 quarterback hurries and four forced fumbles—before he was suspended by the league for the final four games for violating its policy on steroid use. Hit or miss: Hit and miss.
    I keep on forgetting how great of a season he had. He looks to be in great shape and should be even better with Allen opposite him. Holy shit are the Vikes going to have a sweet line. I hope we can stay healthy.

"marstc09" wrote:
    Ray Edwards, DE, Minnesota Vikings. He had a productive season—41 tackles, five sacks, 22 quarterback hurries and four forced fumbles—before he was suspended by the league for the final four games for violating its policy on steroid use. Hit or miss: Hit and miss.
    I keep on forgetting how great of a season he had. He looks to be in great shape and should be even better with Allen opposite him. Holy shit are the Vikes going to have a sweet line. I hope we can stay healthy.
    I just hope that bulk he added isn't a result of using steroids again.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I keep on forgetting how great of a season he had. He looks to be in great shape and should be even better with Allen opposite him. Holy pooh are the Vikes going to have a sweet line. I hope we can stay healthy.
    Is bulking up a cause of using steroids? that wouldn't be good...
    I loved him last season but the least we could use is bas publicity
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Who was the bulls-eye Mario?
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    He violated the Steroid and other related substance policy.

They never released the drug he was using, it could be any banned supplement by the NFL, many of which, are not steroids.

I doubt that it was any type of anabolic steroid. Competing and training at an NFL level paired with using an anabolic steroid would result in tremendous mass gains. Ray Edwards lost weight between his NFL combine and weigh in before last season. I remember a discussion about it being a weight loss supplement like Hydroxycut or something, like he was using it to lean out, which would also explain the weight loss.

"Mr" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    He violated the Steroid and other related substance policy.

They never released the drug he was using, it could be any banned supplement by the NFL, many of which, are not steroids.

I doubt that it was any type of anabolic steroid. Competing and training at an NFL level paired with using an anabolic steroid would result in tremendous mass gains
    . Ray Edwards lost weight between his NFL combine and weigh in before last season. I remember a discussion about it being a weight loss supplement like Hydroxycut or something, like he was using it to lean out, which would also explain the weight loss.
    If you look at his build from last year to this year, I think it's safe to assume he added mass.

[img width=450 height=337]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/vikeswin2005/DraftParty2008025.jpg[/img]

It was even brought up in the Draft Party pics thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast