Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prophet Guest

Re: Hey NFL, ease up on sleaze

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    ...That may be, but it's the imaginitive well-paid lawyers that write these contracts and not the people in the organization who are allegedly crippled by there emotions.
    True. The lawyers are getting paid by the emotionally bound though....so we can hope they are overriding their objective thinking.

Del Rio hit it on the nose regarding the contract.

The bottom-line is that it was meant as a rebuttal joke and people are taking it too seriously. If there's a chance, based on the wording, that Brzezinski can emphasize any weaknesses in the contract's wording...it would be extremely entertaining to see Seattle bite off more then they could chew. Unfortunately, the fun-meter may be low in this situation, the arbitrator strikes the first pill and keeps the second or the whole thing has to be reworked. By necessity the contract will be disputed I would guess due to the one-sided nature of the games played in MN that everyone keeps talking about.

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    ...That may be, but it's the imaginitive well-paid lawyers that write these contracts and not the people in the organization who are allegedly crippled by there emotions.
    True. The lawyers are getting paid by the emotionally bound though....so we can hope they are overriding their objective thinking.

Del Rio hit it on the nose regarding the contract.

The bottom-line is that it was meant as a rebuttal joke and people are taking it too seriously. If there's a chance, based on the wording, that Brzezinski can emphasize any weaknesses in the contract's wording...it would be extremely entertaining to see Seattle bite off more then they could chew. Unfortunately, the fun-meter may be low in this situation, the arbitrator strikes the first pill and keeps the second or the whole thing has to be reworked. By necessity the contract will be disputed I would guess due to the one-sided nature of the games played in MN that everyone keeps talking about.
    Exactly.

They didn't pay too much, they didn't make a brash decision out of anger. They offered him what we did only a tiny bit more. Then to sweaten the deal they took a shot at us via the contract.

No harm no foul IMO. The sad thing is that we care....lol.....is a damn contract. I want to watch football. I don't want to see two teams pissing in each others cheerios over contracts.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I like Burley...but the fact of the matter is that the Vikings didn't really value him that highly...otherwise they would have offered him more. AND obviously, if the Vikings offer and the Seasquawks offer are essential the same and Burley chose Seattle, then he isn't too interested in playing for us anyway. Like I have said before, have fun in Seattle, Burley...The Curse of the Super Bowl Losers will insure that they SUCK this season...while we will EASILY replace Burleson's production in Minnesota. The Seasquawks will get decent value from Burley...but we will get excellent value from Hutch...remember, Hutch's contract isn't guaranteed EITHER...so if he falters, he won't cost us a ton either.

Bottom line: The Seasquawks dropped the ball with Hutch...they will NEVER live that down...F'n CHEAPSKATES!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

haha the parody

badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

So who will have a bigger year, Burly with the seahawks or the top wr for the vikes?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

What is hilarious about all of this, is that they actually believe they are getting revenge against us.. Do they not realize that although the Vikes would liked to have resigned Burly, that he is not the impact type of player like Hutch?

I mean, they act like they just stole a Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper, or Cris Carter from us. It is Nate Burleson.. The guy that has had 1 good year since coming into the league. That one year happened to be the year that Pepp put up record numbers.. I am in no way saying that Burly is a horrible player, just not a player that is worth that kind of money, and that much fuss over..

Json is offline GM

I agree. He has proven nothing to me since being a Viking. It was cool when he picked up some of the slack for us when Moss went down a few years back but since then the guy hasn't done much but be a #2 or #3 receiver. The Seahawks can have him. just think we get another 3rd rounder for him which is excellent news. That loads us with more then enough 1st day draft picks to move up or just get depth for posistions we are thin at. It's a win-win for us. As for the Seahawks grow up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12