Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: "Hey, Hey ... Tampa Bay !!"

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    Wow. Enough arguing going on here. I'll just throw some thoughts out there and not make this massive quote even longer.

First of all, it looked like McCarthy once again changed the gameplan unnecessarily. He appears to overthink a lot, leading to (offensive) gameplans that don't work. Just go with a lot of short routes. We're supposed to be a WCO. Didn't look a lot like it yesterday, though. If I recall correctly, the only slants called, turned out to be sluggos.

I think the first series made Rodgers a little overconfident. He was going deep and staring down receivers on half his plays. Very uncharactaristic for him, if you ask me. I think that you might be overanalyzing one bad game. Totally his fault, but I'm not too worried.

I think that we're one good O-line away from a good team. We'd still need to be able to generate some pressure to become a great team. Something we do surprisingly bad. I figure that Kampman will be gone next year and our first and second roud picks will be an OT and a DE/OLB (if available). But that's getting ahead of things.

"gagarr" wrote:
    Losing to Favre in Lambey has totally unnerved the guy.
    His whole validation as the Packers QB is gone, he can't get out of the shadow.
    In whose eyes? Nearly all the fans I know are supporting Rodgers. Even a lot of the ones who hate TT. The organization trusts him. So do the players on our team. Holding him to ridiculous standards is another thing. It's like saying that your receivers still haven't stepped out of the shadow of Cris Carter.

"tastywaves" wrote:
    I think there is quite a bit of love for Mike yet throughout Packer nation.
    I don't think so. I love the guy as a QB coach, or coach for a veteran team, but he's not the right guy for the youngest team in the league. He's not enough of a tough guy. He doesn't steer these young guys enough. Like mentioned before, his gameplanning has gone downhill badly, as well. And lastly, his press conferences are horrible. I know, sounds like a non-issue, but constantly, in essence, lying to fans and the media. Constantly saying a whole lot of nothing.....

http://packershome.com/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=7022

And that's just one thread on one forum. There are tons of them right now.

I wouldn't mind a Gruden or Cowher here. Gruden actually looks like a realistic possibility over here. I just hope that, if we fire McCarthy, we'll keep TT. See what he can do with Gruden. Maybe when we get a coach who will go after our GM a bit, we'll sign some more FAs as well.

Now, that might make for a scary team.
    Rock, has the dissension for McCarthy been mostly recent (after getting beat by MN and Tampa) or has it been pretty strong since last year's finish?
    My impressions from packer fans has been that they think they have a good coach in McCarthy.
    Now that the NFCN has been lost for a second straight year,
    I can see people falling off the McWagon.
    Hahaha.... McWagon.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Re: "Hey, Hey ... Tampa Bay !!"

"C" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    Wow. Enough arguing going on here. I'll just throw some thoughts out there and not make this massive quote even longer.

First of all, it looked like McCarthy once again changed the gameplan unnecessarily. He appears to overthink a lot, leading to (offensive) gameplans that don't work. Just go with a lot of short routes. We're supposed to be a WCO. Didn't look a lot like it yesterday, though. If I recall correctly, the only slants called, turned out to be sluggos.

I think the first series made Rodgers a little overconfident. He was going deep and staring down receivers on half his plays. Very uncharactaristic for him, if you ask me. I think that you might be overanalyzing one bad game. Totally his fault, but I'm not too worried.

I think that we're one good O-line away from a good team. We'd still need to be able to generate some pressure to become a great team. Something we do surprisingly bad. I figure that Kampman will be gone next year and our first and second roud picks will be an OT and a DE/OLB (if available). But that's getting ahead of things.

"gagarr" wrote:
    Losing to Favre in Lambey has totally unnerved the guy.
    His whole validation as the Packers QB is gone, he can't get out of the shadow.
    In whose eyes? Nearly all the fans I know are supporting Rodgers. Even a lot of the ones who hate TT. The organization trusts him. So do the players on our team. Holding him to ridiculous standards is another thing. It's like saying that your receivers still haven't stepped out of the shadow of Cris Carter.

"tastywaves" wrote:
    I think there is quite a bit of love for Mike yet throughout Packer nation.
    I don't think so. I love the guy as a QB coach, or coach for a veteran team, but he's not the right guy for the youngest team in the league. He's not enough of a tough guy. He doesn't steer these young guys enough. Like mentioned before, his gameplanning has gone downhill badly, as well. And lastly, his press conferences are horrible. I know, sounds like a non-issue, but constantly, in essence, lying to fans and the media. Constantly saying a whole lot of nothing.....

http://packershome.com/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=7022

And that's just one thread on one forum. There are tons of them right now.

I wouldn't mind a Gruden or Cowher here. Gruden actually looks like a realistic possibility over here. I just hope that, if we fire McCarthy, we'll keep TT. See what he can do with Gruden. Maybe when we get a coach who will go after our GM a bit, we'll sign some more FAs as well.

Now, that might make for a scary team.
    Rock, has the dissension for McCarthy been mostly recent (after getting beat by MN and Tampa) or has it been pretty strong since last year's finish?
    My impressions from packer fans has been that they think they have a good coach in McCarthy.
    Now that the NFCN has been lost for a second straight year,
    I can see people falling off the McWagon.
    Hahaha.... McWagon.
    Pretty good, indeed.

I think it's been mainly since these last two games, although there has been critisizm before. Obviously, about not building an O-line. Some hold Thompson accountable, but quite a few also blame McCarthy. He's the one who wants to run a zone blocking scheme, but has no members on his staff who have any experience with it. Thompson has been giving him these smaller but more athletic lineman.

Obviously, it hasn't worked.

But yeah, it mainly started after these last 2 games. But I think it'll hold on. We'll lose the next one and this will only gain more momentum. Especially if we make Ware a contender for DPOTY and make Parys Haralson look like Kevin Greene the week after that.

And if we'd happen to loose against the Lions...
    :

And if we finish
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789