Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
  1. #11
    Rambro's Avatar
    Rambro is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    128

    Re: Hey ESPN, C'mon man!

    Rich Eisen cracks me up, I dunno how you can't like him.
    Top example is the way he says Peterson during every Adrian Peterson highlight.

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hey ESPN, C'mon man!

    "superman28" wrote:
    i just wish that we win this week so that they can all start jumping on our bwagon ..... and start saying "the vikings are geting hot at the right time, look out for this team in the playoffs" ..... and thats when i will be rieally pissed ..... because no1 is giving us love now but if we win we will be the talk of every show
    I don't want to be the talk of every show.
    We were the popular SB pick in 2006.
    Look what happened there...

    I like flying under the radar.
    Surprise them when we win it all!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Hey ESPN, C'mon man!

    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The more I watch ESPN, the more I dislike it.

    At times they default back to what made them the greatest show on TV, however, the last couple of years they sure have slipped in thier standards.

    Very sad.
    Very sad indeed.

    :'(
    That's why you should watch NFLN like I do.
    I have the set-up to be able to catch most of both simultaneously.
    ON NFL "Total Access" Rich Eisen adds NOTHING.
    he is only there to sniff jock straps!
    Davis and Woodson are so biased to their former teams (I know Woodson played for four, but he is clearly pro-biased towards the Steelers.)
    Faulk and Dukes are the most un-biased, IMO.
    Maybe Vikeman will do something on NFLN in the future.
    Eisen fills his role nicely.
    Would much rather listen to him than Beerman, especially lately.

    As to loyalty/homerism of the players.....I really don't mind that very much.
    In fact I kindof like it to a point.
    Loyalty is a good thing IMHO.

    Love Dukes... In fact, I would put guys like Mayock, Baldy, Schefter, Charles, Sharp, Baldinger, Wilcots, Mora etc etc up against anything ESPN might bring to the table (except maybe Jackson).

    Not sure if I like Sapp.
    For some reason his humor just doesn't work for me.
    I do like his analysis though.

    Above all else, though, I am in total "Lust" with Alex Flanagan.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Hey ESPN, C'mon man!

    When employing humor, ESPN is great.

    When talking real sports, not so much.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Hey ESPN, C'mon man!

    "V" wrote:
    When employing humor, ESPN is great.

    When talking real sports, not so much.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Hey ESPN, C'mon man!

    Yeah I am not a fan of MNF countdown, it is in the same realm as Jim Rome is Burning...

    Speaking of ESPN i may have an internship there this summer (although i will need to find a place to stay). I would love to move to Bristol, CT and work for ESPN... that would kick ass.

  7. #17
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Hey ESPN, C'mon man!

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The more I watch ESPN, the more I dislike it.

    At times they default back to what made them the greatest show on TV, however, the last couple of years they sure have slipped in thier standards.

    Very sad.
    Very sad indeed.

    :'(
    That's why you should watch NFLN like I do.
    I have the set-up to be able to catch most of both simultaneously.
    ON NFL "Total Access" Rich Eisen adds NOTHING.
    he is only there to sniff jock straps!
    Davis and Woodson are so biased to their former teams (I know Woodson played for four, but he is clearly pro-biased towards the Steelers.)
    Faulk and Dukes are the most un-biased, IMO.
    Maybe Vikeman will do something on NFLN in the future.
    Eisen fills his role nicely.

    Would much rather listen to him than Beerman, especially lately.

    As to loyalty/homerism of the players.....I really don't mind that very much.
    In fact I kindof like it to a point.
    Loyalty is a good thing IMHO.

    Love Dukes... In fact, I would put guys like Mayock, Baldy, Schefter, Charles, Sharp, Baldinger, Wilcots, Mora etc etc up against anything ESPN might bring to the table (except maybe Jackson).

    Not sure if I like Sapp.
    For some reason his humor just doesn't work for me.
    I do like his analysis though.

    Above all else, though, I am in total "Lust" with Alex Flanagan.
    Alex? Was that one that had the sex change operation?
    Sorry.

    I hated Dukes back when he first started. He yelled everything he said and his role sucked.
    Now he is my favorite on Total Access.
    I could live without Davis, Mora, Charles, Sanders, and Mooch. The rest are pretty good. Woodson doesn't seem to like the Vikings much. But neither does Cris Carter on the 4 letter network.
    All in all I love the show. Even Alex!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  8. #18
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hey ESPN, C'mon man!

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

    Alex? Was that one that had the sex change operation?
    Sorry.

    I believe she is a sister to Ann Coulter.

  9. #19
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Hey ESPN, C'mon man!

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

    Alex? Was that one that had the sex change operation?
    Sorry.

    I believe she is a sister to Ann Coulter.
    LMAO! I think I just puked a little!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  10. #20
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hey ESPN, C'mon man!

    "Rambro" wrote:
    Rich Eisen cracks me up, I dunno how you can't like him.
    Top example is the way he says Peterson during every Adrian Peterson highlight.
    I thought that was Deion...
    adrian PETerson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MNF on ESPN
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 09:30 AM
  2. Red Sox on ESPN...AGAIN !!
    By vikesoto in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 12:40 AM
  3. T. Will on ESPN
    By kyleo1967 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 07:32 AM
  4. espn top 25
    By campstove in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 07:46 AM
  5. You'll never see this on ESPN!
    By skogs02 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 11:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •