Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Herschel Walker reveals he suffers from multiple personality disorder

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    We must of had the "I completely suck now and will curse the Vikings forever" Personality
    Don't blame Walker, he didn't make the trade. Th Cowboys & the Vikings (Mike Lynn) did.

He was just a pawn in the trade.

I just laugh when people call him a bust.
    No, I call it the Hershal Walker Curse

I don't know If I would use the word Bust(although IMHO it could apply) But I think he by far did not live up to expectations.
    He wasn't a bust because of what he did.
    If you look at his Rushing average it stays the same when he came to Minnesota, he just didn't get the ball enough.
    GG, as Schutz pointed out, his rushing average stayed the same in MN as it did in Dallas. How could you say he did not live up to expectations? Did you expect his average & production to all of a sudden miraculously go way up just because Mike Lynn was stupid enough to give up 5 players & 6 picks for him?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

OO how we forget how he spent time in the USFL and broke the pro football rushing record for 2000 yards in a season-way before Barry did...but that doesn't count huh...cause it was the USFL?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Still, that first game against the Packers when he rushed for about 150 and ran out of his shoe was one of the favorite games I have ever watched. I really thought we had something there for about 3 weeks.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Still, that first game against the Packers when he rushed for about 150 and ran out of his shoe was one of the favorite games I have ever watched. I really thought we had something there for about 3 weeks.
    I was at that game. If the Vikings would have just left well enough alone & didn't make him change his running style, we may have gotten a lot more production out of him.

We'll never know now.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I was at that game. If the Vikings would have just left well enough alone & didn't make him change his running style, we may have gotten a lot more production out of him.

We'll never know now.
    I have not doubt he would have. You take a player who was among the best in college and the pro's running in an I formation where he is lined up 8 yards deep and has the ability to run straight ahead at the hole hitting it at full speed and then decide to make him a split back where he has to run laterally where he has no power and can't use his straight line speed. Hell, he couldn't make a crisp cut to elude a defender is his life depended on it.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.comcast.net/sports/articles/nfl/2008/01/18/Walker-Multiple.Personalities/

NEW YORK (AP) — Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker once played Russian roulette with a loaded pistol as he struggled with a personality disorder.

``To challenge death like I was doing, you start saying, there's a problem here,' he said during an interview to be broadcast Monday night on ABC's ``Nightline.'

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Garland" wrote:
    http://www.comcast.net/sports/articles/nfl/2008/01/18/Walker-Multiple.Personalities/

NEW YORK (AP) — Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker once played Russian roulette with a loaded pistol as he struggled with a personality disorder.

``To challenge death like I was doing, you start saying, there's a problem here,' he said during an interview to be broadcast Monday night on ABC's ``Nightline.'
    Wow.
    I heard the end of this story on the radio today, but didn't catch that it was Herschel Walker they were talking about.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

Wow.
    I heard the end of this story on the radio today, but didn't catch that it was Herschel Walker they were talking about.
    Jeeze.
    I have been hearing the guy had problems but to actually play Russian roulette with a loaded pistol?
    You have to be in a dark place to do something like that.

[size=13pt]Walker reveals struggles with mental disorder in just-released book[/size]

ESPN.com news services

Updated: April 14, 2008, 6:43 PM ET

In the just-released book "Breaking Free," former NFL running back Herschel Walker delves into his excruciating struggles with dissociative identity disorder, saying he tried to manage a dozen alternate personalities and that the condition nearly drove him to suicide......

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

so which 1 of his 12 personalities showed up for the vikes? obviously NOT the one that could/wanted to play ball.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast