Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Hendersons brother declares for the NFL Draft

    Erin Henderson, Maryland linebacker declares

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/02/AR2008010202004.html

    Good luck


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Hendersons brother declares for the NFL Draft

    Very interesting read.
    Not much on him in the Databases I checked, probably because they don't have the underclassmen listed yet.

    Does he play ILB or OLB?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Hendersons brother declares for the NFL Draft

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very interesting read.
    Not much on him in the Databases I checked, probably because they don't have the underclassmen listed yet.

    Does he play ILB or OLB?
    He can play both, im not sure but i think he played OLB in 06 and moved to ILB in 07


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  4. #4
    vikesfargo's Avatar
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    600

    Re: Hendersons brother declares for the NFL Draft

    The Brothers Henderson at LB? Maybe so. I guess Studwell will check the younger Henderson out.


    Go Vikings!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Hendersons brother declares for the NFL Draft

    I think we are pretty much set at LB..We have one of the best groups in the league.


  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Hendersons brother declares for the NFL Draft

    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    I think we are pretty much set at LB..We have one of the best groups in the league.

    I hear ya my friend, and agree with you 100% LB isn't a need this year, however, everyone needs to remember that the draft is for future players, not to replace the ones we currently have.

    Just because we are set a LB and would appear to have a solid group signed for years to come, there still might be a reason to take one (i.e. special teams, depth) to groom for the future.

    Gives them time to grow into the system a few years instead of throwing them to the wolves and heck maybe, just maybe, they might find a guy better than what we have.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Hendersons brother declares for the NFL Draft

    If he can play like his brother at OLB I would love to bring him in and let him take Leber's spot in about 3 years


  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Hendersons brother declares for the NFL Draft

    "V4L" wrote:
    If he can play like his brother at OLB I would love to bring him in and let him take Leber's spot in about 3 years

    Thats the idea/concept.

    If we think like that then we should never have to worry about our team getting bad when good players leave.

    By the way, that is what this staff is talking about when they use the term "building through the draft" IMHO and it doesn't mean that they are trying to create a instant fix to get us to a SB in a small window.

    I feel sorry for the skins fans.
    This is thier window.
    If it doesn't succeed they are screwed.
    No CAP, no draft picks of value and a bunch of older guys that won't be around forever.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Hendersons brother declares for the NFL Draft

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    If he can play like his brother at OLB I would love to bring him in and let him take Leber's spot in about 3 years

    Thats the idea/concept.

    If we think like that then we should never have to worry about our team getting bad when good players leave.

    By the way, that is what this staff is talking about when they use the term "building through the draft" IMHO and it doesn't mean that they are trying to create a instant fix to get us to a SB in a small window.

    I feel sorry for the skins fans.
    This is thier window.
    If it doesn't succeed they are screwed.
    No CAP, no draft picks of value and a bunch of older guys that won't be around forever.


    Haha yah..

    I am critical of our staff sometimes.. But i'm glad we have the Bryz and all them to keep us above the cap

    If we build through the draft and add a good player or 2 in FA.. We shouldn't really have to worry like your saying

    I would like 1 big name this off season

    Suggs, Allen, etc..

    Then look into the draft for young developmental players like Henderson

Similar Threads

  1. Harvin defends Favre, declares himself healthy
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 02:45 PM
  2. Judge declares mistrial in Chris Henry's assault case
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 07:39 AM
  3. Draft E.J.'s younger brother?
    By HEY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 10:28 AM
  4. Jarvis Moss Declares for the NFL Draft
    By Mr Anderson in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 06:01 PM
  5. Judge Declares Lawyer Drunk in Court
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 02:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •