Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Helmet Radios on Defense Approved

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I also heard they were going to let one 'true fan' call the plays for a series every game.
    How will they discern who is a real fan and who is a fake fan?
    I'm guessing they chose Prophet... no one else was informed about this.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    So... no more green dots?

I don't think this will be a good thing... on top of defenses already adjusting and observing the offense, now they're gonna have coaches yelling in their ears.

Also, it will be easier to pull off "Spygate" type stuff... but most of you think that's just paranoid talk.
    nah, they'd probably do it the same way they do with the offense.
    THey'd cut the signal once the play clock reaches a certian point, or when they break huddle, that way the coaches can't tell them how to adjust pre-snap and what reads to make, etc.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

When any defensive player was asked about this before, The Player's prided themsleves on hand signals and goofy motions. this could be 1 step of many turning the game into a robot demo-derby with scoring. I am gonna have to wait and see if this new change will improve the game or hurt it.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Defense now to have coach-player field communication too[/size]

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

theredzone.org

PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) Taking another technological step forward, NFL owners approved a communication device for defenses Tuesday....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

In a semi-related topic, the Patriots announced today that they will add a 2nd camera man to illegally tape games in case the first one gets caught.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    In a semi-related topic, the Patriots announced today that they will add a 2nd camera man to illegally tape games in case the first one gets caught.
    Is it plagiarism to copy your own joke from one thread to another?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

theredzone.org

PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) Taking another technological step forward, NFL owners approved a communication device for defenses Tuesday....
    This was in the "League Rejects Hester Rule" article you posted, but it's more pertinent here:

There was one difference in the 2008 proposal from the 2007 proposal: this time, it was proposed that teams may designate two players who can wear the radio. But they can't be on the field at the same time with the receiver in their helmets.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick endorsed the rule change, but he points out the defense still might not be on equal footing with the offense.

"The problem is there is no quarterback on defense so logistically you have to figure out a way to be able to do that," Belichick says. "It makes it harder on defense because you don't always have one guy out there. As an example for us, [inside linebacker] Tedy Bruschi played a little over half the plays last year, so there are another half the plays when he wasn't on the field. So now what? It's not quite as clean on defense."
    Now, I proposed wayyyyyyyyyyy back at the beginning of "Spygate" that, if you were Bill Belichick and you really really really wanted defensive players to get radios in their helmets, then it might not be outside the realm of possibility to plant a video guy on the sidelines to "tape" the opposing team's defensive signals, no matter what the penalty.
    In the end, sure, the Patriots are tarnished, but they still have 3 Super Bowls, were in the last Super Bowl, have a top-10 draft pick and now have the rule that they wanted for the past couple of seasons in place.

I don't think that's too far-fetched.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Is it plagiarism to copy your own joke from one thread to another?

=Z=
    Not at all.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    So... no more green dots?

I don't think this will be a good thing... on top of defenses already adjusting and observing the offense, now they're gonna have coaches yelling in their ears.

Also, it will be easier to pull off "Spygate" type stuff... but most of you think that's just paranoid talk.
    Why no more green dots?
    I would expect another green dot ( totalling 2) now on the MLB (or whomever else is deemed worthy on the team)
    Yeah, you lost me on that one too C Mac.
    There will be a green dot for both offense and defense now.
    And it would have prevented Spygate, not made it easier...
    Nah, it would make it much easier. Just videotape the coaching staff, then radio your defense as to what play was just called. Pretty simple
    There is nothing to video tape now though.
    With the use of radios, there are no signals...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

theredzone.org

This was in the "League Rejects Hester Rule" article you posted, but it's more pertinent here:

There was one difference in the 2008 proposal from the 2007 proposal: this time, it was proposed that teams may designate two players who can wear the radio. But they can't be on the field at the same time with the receiver in their helmets.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick endorsed the rule change, but he points out the defense still might not be on equal footing with the offense.

"The problem is there is no quarterback on defense so logistically you have to figure out a way to be able to do that," Belichick says. "It makes it harder on defense because you don't always have one guy out there. As an example for us, [inside linebacker] Tedy Bruschi played a little over half the plays last year, so there are another half the plays when he wasn't on the field. So now what? It's not quite as clean on defense."
    Now, I proposed wayyyyyyyyyyy back at the beginning of "Spygate" that, if you were Bill Belichick and you really really really wanted defensive players to get radios in their helmets, then it might not be outside the realm of possibility to plant a video guy on the sidelines to "tape" the opposing team's defensive signals, no matter what the penalty.
    In the end, sure, the Patriots are tarnished, but they still have 3 Super Bowls, were in the last Super Bowl, have a top-10 draft pick and now have the rule that they wanted for the past couple of seasons in place.

I don't think that's too far-fetched.

=Z=
    Congratulations. You have just been accepted into the C Mac D Society for Conspiracy Theories...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast