Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    litlharsh is offline Coordinator

Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

"Caine" wrote:
    Bah Humbug
    Come on man, is the professionalism of the game what draws you to watch it? The elegant way in which players humbly refuse to celebrate any achievements? Emotions are the basis of what makes sports appealing, and the players showing their own is a large part of this. If we eliminated the celebrations and emotional part of sports, we might as well watch robots on the field instead of humans.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"josdin00" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Huh? No it isn't legal. He is using the camera as a prop & that will draw a fine.
    I guess we'll find out. My bet is that it is legal, like TO and the pom-poms.
    When TO did the pom-pom routine, they didn't have the rule in place yet that said players could not use props. It wasn't until after that season that the rule was enacted. If TO gets a fine for pretending the football is a video camera in week 2, what makes you think that Chad Johnson is going to not get fined for this one?
    Exactly. A prop is a prop whether it's a football, cell phone, camera, pom-pom, etc...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Yea as a NFL player now you know if you pick up anything in your surroundings as a prop your gonna be picking up your check book the next day.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"litlharsh" wrote:
    ...Emotions are the basis of what makes sports appealing, and the players showing their own is a large part of this. If we eliminated the celebrations and emotional part of sports, we might as well watch robots on the field instead of humans.
    Yeah, it was really depressing watching Bud Grant's teams when the players didn't celebrate after minor accomplishments and TDs.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234