Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Huh? No it isn't legal. He is using the camera as a prop & that will draw a fine.
    I guess we'll find out. My bet is that it is legal, like TO and the pom-poms.
    When TO did the pom-pom routine, they didn't have the rule in place yet that said players could not use props. It wasn't until after that season that the rule was enacted. If TO gets a fine for pretending the football is a video camera in week 2, what makes you think that Chad Johnson is going to not get fined for this one?
    TO: CJ:
    [youtube=212,175]gKFP4g5IH6A[/youtube] [youtube=212,175]jWXRjN7A4_g[/youtube]

In fact, CJ might have been planning that TD celebration since week 2, to 'one-up' TO, but he hasn't scored any TDs since then.

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

Yes, the NFL is largely hypocritical. It tried to do this once before. They realized it didn't work, but now they have tons of fanfare (mothers, young children, overprotective mothers of young children) and have enough power to do something like this. Real fans of the game miss out on the celebrations that have become hilarious and a part of the game. In the end I wish they would stop fining players for celebrating and just penalize them on the field. If it costs them the game, I'm sure they will be fined by their team or made an example of throughout gameplay.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I am kindof torn on this one.

On one side I respect the guys like Robert Smith who just handed the ball to the ref as if it wasn't a big deal (act like you've been there before).

On the other I kindof like the spontaneity that ensuses after a great play.

I guess the way I see it is if it caused me to jump out of my chair/seat and start screaming at the top of my lungs it deserves something but not to the point of grabbing a camera and aiming it at the crowd.

A quick celebration with a few teamates and then off the field is acceptable and makes for a fun game for all concerned.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

wierstom is offline Training Camp

ya know i dont care how chad johson celebrates a touchdown i just hope he is celebrating them for the vikings next year

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"wierstom" wrote:
    ya know i dont care how chad johson celebrates a touchdown i just hope he is celebrating them for the vikings next year
    I don't want him but I would take Houshmandzadeh in a heartbeat. He is far ahead of CJ anyway in catches this year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

i agree about tj being better than chad but tj is not a free agent next year chad is

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "wierstom" wrote:
    I don't want him but I would take Houshmandzadeh in a heartbeat. He is far ahead of CJ anyway in catches this year.
    but do u think housh would have those catches without chad being on the other side? and chad has 71 ctaches for over 1000 yards... and tj has 83 catches for just over 850 yards... i would ten times rather have chad on my team than tj

i have heard some guys say all chad johnson does is catch touchdown the last guy they said that about was cris carter i like how carter worked for us

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Yea that's pretty funny! Good to be an owner not a field-hand.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

So the NFL will penalize the team 15 yards and fine Chad Johnson, and then use the celebration to advertise on its very own website? That doesn't exactly speak of consistency to me.
    Where did you hear Chad Johnson will be or was fined?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast