Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

The Height of Hypocrisy?

From the NFL.com front page....

[img width=450 height=331]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/NFLcom.jpg[/img]

So the NFL will penalize the team 15 yards and fine Chad Johnson, and then use the celebration to advertise on its very own website? That doesn't exactly speak of consistency to me.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

"Ltrey" wrote:

[img width=450 height=331]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/NFLcom.jpg[/img]

So the NFL will penalize the team 15 yards and fine Chad Johnson, and then use the celebration to advertise on its very own website? That doesn't exactly speak of consistency to me.

Anyone agree? Disagree?
    Typical

I say call them out on it and start an internet campaign against that type of thing.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

Anyone agree? Disagree?
    Typical

I say call them out on it and start an internet campaign against that type of thing.
    I agree. I think that's pretty ridiculous. I say email ESPN, SportingNews and SI.com... they are earning money off of something they're punishing.

I'm surprised they're not running a picture Vick behind bars. (give it time... they probably will)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

douginc is offline Starter

NFL.......or whoever makes the decisions, please allow celebrations for fun again, since it is obvious the majority of all people enjoy them, as you have acknowledged by placing Mr. Showtime on your front page.
    Otherwise, you come out looking like hypocritical dolts.

"douginc" wrote:
    NFL.......or whoever makes the decisions, please allow celebrations for fun again, since it is obvious the majority of all people enjoy them, as you have acknowledged by placing Mr. Showtime on your front page.
    who in the hell wants to see chad johnson or any arrogant player make an ass of themselve, not me. i just like the spike in the endzone or the humble flip to the ref
    IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I think the NFL secretly likes it, and just doesn't want admit it.

check out ESPN's Chad Cam in the lower left

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/index

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

That's like saying they shouldn't show any penalty on their website, be it a photo or video, because it's a penalty.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

douginc is offline Starter

"purplepride_1961" wrote:
    "douginc" wrote:
    who in the hell wants to see chad johnson or any arrogant player make an jiggly butt of themselve, not me. i just like the spike in the endzone or the humble flip to the ref
    I understand your point.
    But Chad Johnson is as famous as he is BECAUSE people want to see arrogant players make "jiggly butts" out of themselves.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Grabbing the camera is a legal celebration under NFL rules (assuming he isn't shoving the cameraman out of the way or something, and he isn't). It is not part of the field of play

Pulling a cell phone out of your sock is not allowed because it violates equipment rules. Using the corner-of-the-endzone pylons as a golf club to putt the football, while brilliant, is illegal because you can't use on-field props.

I do think you're on to something. The NFL would be smart, even diabolically clever, to take a vocal public stance against endzone celebrations, while tacitly encouraging them as a corporate-sanctioned, loved-by-fans form of rebellion against "the man."

Go Vikings!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    Grabbing the camera is a legal celebration under NFL rules (assuming he isn't shoving the cameraman out of the way or something, and he isn't). It is not part of the field of play

Pulling a cell phone out of your sock is not allowed because it violates equipment rules. Using the corner-of-the-endzone pylons as a golf club to putt the football, while brilliant, is illegal because you can't use on-field props.

I do think you're on to something. The NFL would be smart, even diabolically clever, to take a vocal public stance against endzone celebrations, while tacitly encouraging them as a corporate-sanctioned, loved-by-fans form of rebellion against "the man."
    Huh? No it isn't legal. He is using the camera as a prop & that will draw a fine.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast