Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    The Height of Hypocrisy?

    From the NFL.com front page....

    [img width=450 height=331]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/NFLcom.jpg[/img]

    So the NFL will penalize the team 15 yards and fine Chad Johnson, and then use the celebration to advertise on its very own website? That doesn't exactly speak of consistency to me.

    Anyone agree? Disagree?

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    From the NFL.com front page....

    [img width=450 height=331]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/NFLcom.jpg[/img]

    So the NFL will penalize the team 15 yards and fine Chad Johnson, and then use the celebration to advertise on its very own website? That doesn't exactly speak of consistency to me.

    Anyone agree? Disagree?
    Typical

    I say call them out on it and start an internet campaign against that type of thing.

  3. #3
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,467

    Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    From the NFL.com front page....

    [img width=450 height=331]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/NFLcom.jpg[/img]

    So the NFL will penalize the team 15 yards and fine Chad Johnson, and then use the celebration to advertise on its very own website? That doesn't exactly speak of consistency to me.

    Anyone agree? Disagree?
    Typical

    I say call them out on it and start an internet campaign against that type of thing.
    I agree. I think that's pretty ridiculous. I say email ESPN, SportingNews and SI.com... they are earning money off of something they're punishing.

    I'm surprised they're not running a picture Vick behind bars. (give it time... they probably will)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #4
    douginc's Avatar
    douginc is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    220

    Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

    NFL.......or whoever makes the decisions, please allow celebrations for fun again, since it is obvious the majority of all people enjoy them, as you have acknowledged by placing Mr. Showtime on your front page.
    Otherwise, you come out looking like hypocritical dolts.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    60

    Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

    "douginc" wrote:
    NFL.......or whoever makes the decisions, please allow celebrations for fun again, since it is obvious the majority of all people enjoy them, as you have acknowledged by placing Mr. Showtime on your front page.
    Otherwise, you come out looking like hypocritical dolts.
    who in the hell wants to see chad johnson or any arrogant player make an ass of themselve, not me. i just like the spike in the endzone or the humble flip to the ref
    IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!

  6. #6
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

    I think the NFL secretly likes it, and just doesn't want admit it.

    check out ESPN's Chad Cam in the lower left

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/index

  7. #7
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

    That's like saying they shouldn't show any penalty on their website, be it a photo or video, because it's a penalty.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  8. #8
    douginc's Avatar
    douginc is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    220

    Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

    "purplepride_1961" wrote:
    "douginc" wrote:
    NFL.......or whoever makes the decisions, please allow celebrations for fun again, since it is obvious the majority of all people enjoy them, as you have acknowledged by placing Mr. Showtime on your front page.
    Otherwise, you come out looking like hypocritical dolts.
    who in the hell wants to see chad johnson or any arrogant player make an jiggly butt of themselve, not me. i just like the spike in the endzone or the humble flip to the ref
    I understand your point.
    But Chad Johnson is as famous as he is BECAUSE people want to see arrogant players make "jiggly butts" out of themselves.

  9. #9
    vikesfargo's Avatar
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    600

    Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

    Grabbing the camera is a legal celebration under NFL rules (assuming he isn't shoving the cameraman out of the way or something, and he isn't). It is not part of the field of play

    Pulling a cell phone out of your sock is not allowed because it violates equipment rules. Using the corner-of-the-endzone pylons as a golf club to putt the football, while brilliant, is illegal because you can't use on-field props.

    I do think you're on to something. The NFL would be smart, even diabolically clever, to take a vocal public stance against endzone celebrations, while tacitly encouraging them as a corporate-sanctioned, loved-by-fans form of rebellion against "the man."


    Go Vikings!

  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,258

    Re: The Height of Hypocrisy?

    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Grabbing the camera is a legal celebration under NFL rules (assuming he isn't shoving the cameraman out of the way or something, and he isn't). It is not part of the field of play

    Pulling a cell phone out of your sock is not allowed because it violates equipment rules. Using the corner-of-the-endzone pylons as a golf club to putt the football, while brilliant, is illegal because you can't use on-field props.

    I do think you're on to something. The NFL would be smart, even diabolically clever, to take a vocal public stance against endzone celebrations, while tacitly encouraging them as a corporate-sanctioned, loved-by-fans form of rebellion against "the man."
    Huh? No it isn't legal. He is using the camera as a prop & that will draw a fine.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Behind The Measurements: Height vs. Arm Length
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 01:07 PM
  2. Onterrio and NFL Hypocrisy
    By nsavarirayan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 07:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •