Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: HD Extortion

  1. #31
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879

    Re: HD Extortion

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Sunday ticket is a must. HD is a must. NFL network is a must. I do not know how I lived without these things.
    dvr is a must.
    True!
    Got it and love it.
    I cut the game off because it went over the time.
    Still learning the ins and outs of the HD DVR.
    Just glad I was watching the whole game so the recording wasn't important.
    Mine queues me for adding a 30 minute extension when recording sporting events, I usually use this mode as most of them run over.
    I think Sunday Ticket allocates 4.5 hours in their slot.

  2. #32
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: HD Extortion

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    This is what I did the week before the season started.........

    Make sure you call Customer Retention which means go online and look for the number to "CANCEL" your service. The people in customer retention have much more leeway than the regular customer service people. So when you get them you're already in the queue as somebody who is calling to cancel.

    I just told them I needed to cancel because the price had gone up way too much, I didn't even use Superfan, and my wife just wasn't going to go for $369 for something we didn't even fully use.

    Hold your ground. They will offer you $10 off per month for 6 months. When you say "no, can't do it", they will then offer you $20 off for 6 months. At that point I said, "that's a good deal but I just can't do Superfan because I don't even use it." "It won't fly in my house if I have to pay $100 for something simply because we have HD. I spent a shitload on the big jiggly butt HD TV and now I have to pay more because I have it?" They then offered me $20 off and free Superfan.

    I hmmm’ed and haaaa’d for a few seconds and they threw in a years worth of HD access as well.
    I said, "if you can do that then I'm in". I got the guys name and employee number so that there would be no question if the bill came and it said anything different.

    The package WAS:

    Sunday Ticket =





    $269.94
    Superfan =









    $99.00
    Total =












    $368.94


    My new deal:

    Sunday Ticket =





    $149.94
    Superfan w/HD access =
    $Free
    HD Access =








    $-120.00

    Total =












    $29.94

    A savings of $339 for this year.

    My conversation with him went pretty quickly. He offered me the 3 things within 2 or 3 minutes. I've read on some blogs that some reps only offer you the first things or the first two things. In that case some people just said no and then called back a few hours or the next day later and in most cases were offered at least $20 off and free Superfan.

    I would definitely say how long you've had Directv and how much you're spending on the package that you have.
    Remind them that this is a tough economy!


    Good info, I'm in the same boat and pretty pissed about the HD upcharge of $100.

    I'd love to get the deal you have, definitely help with the marital bliss.
    Right now, it is not refundable so there isn't much leverage.
    Got to get them to take money off the package because of hardship.
    Like he got above, the 20.00 per month credit.
    Even if you cancel, DTV has to pay the NFL, that is my take so you will pa for the entire season.

    I posted what I did a page or so ago.
    I didn't put up too big of a fight because I have to record the games on Sunday and watch them later on Monday.
    If I would have been able to go to the bar as an alternative to working, I would have pushed them to the limit.
    I could do damage with 400.00 at the bar when the VIkes aren't on National TV.
    LOL!

  3. #33
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: HD Extortion

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Sunday ticket is a must. HD is a must. NFL network is a must. I do not know how I lived without these things.
    dvr is a must.
    True!
    Got it and love it.
    I cut the game off because it went over the time.
    Still learning the ins and outs of the HD DVR.
    Just glad I was watching the whole game so the recording wasn't important.
    Mine queues me for adding a 30 minute extension when recording sporting events, I usually use this mode as most of them run over.
    I think Sunday Ticket allocates 4.5 hours in their slot.
    That is a good thing to remember.
    I wasn't thinking last night when it asked me.
    I chose that option on a Sunday game and recorded 5 hours of game.
    Low on space right now!

  4. #34
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879

    Re: HD Extortion

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    This is what I did the week before the season started.........

    Make sure you call Customer Retention which means go online and look for the number to "CANCEL" your service. The people in customer retention have much more leeway than the regular customer service people. So when you get them you're already in the queue as somebody who is calling to cancel.

    I just told them I needed to cancel because the price had gone up way too much, I didn't even use Superfan, and my wife just wasn't going to go for $369 for something we didn't even fully use.

    Hold your ground. They will offer you $10 off per month for 6 months. When you say "no, can't do it", they will then offer you $20 off for 6 months. At that point I said, "that's a good deal but I just can't do Superfan because I don't even use it." "It won't fly in my house if I have to pay $100 for something simply because we have HD. I spent a shitload on the big jiggly butt HD TV and now I have to pay more because I have it?" They then offered me $20 off and free Superfan.

    I hmmm’ed and haaaa’d for a few seconds and they threw in a years worth of HD access as well.
    I said, "if you can do that then I'm in". I got the guys name and employee number so that there would be no question if the bill came and it said anything different.

    The package WAS:

    Sunday Ticket =





    $269.94
    Superfan =









    $99.00
    Total =












    $368.94


    My new deal:

    Sunday Ticket =





    $149.94
    Superfan w/HD access =
    $Free
    HD Access =








    $-120.00

    Total =












    $29.94

    A savings of $339 for this year.

    My conversation with him went pretty quickly. He offered me the 3 things within 2 or 3 minutes. I've read on some blogs that some reps only offer you the first things or the first two things. In that case some people just said no and then called back a few hours or the next day later and in most cases were offered at least $20 off and free Superfan.

    I would definitely say how long you've had Directv and how much you're spending on the package that you have.
    Remind them that this is a tough economy!


    Good info, I'm in the same boat and pretty pissed about the HD upcharge of $100.

    I'd love to get the deal you have, definitely help with the marital bliss.
    Right now, it is not refundable so there isn't much leverage.
    Got to get them to take money off the package because of hardship.
    Like he got above, the 20.00 per month credit.
    Even if you cancel, DTV has to pay the NFL, that is my take so you will pa for the entire season.

    I posted what I did a page or so ago.
    I didn't put up too big of a fight because I have to record the games on Sunday and watch them later on Monday.
    If I would have been able to go to the bar as an alternative to working, I would have pushed them to the limit.
    I could do damage with 400.00 at the bar when the VIkes aren't on National TV.
    LOL!
    Good point.
    Right now the only thing I'm not paying for is HD/SuperFan.
    I'd be happy with the $20/mos for this
    year or free HD on Ticket.
    I'll sick my wife on them and see how she does, she lives for this shit.

    It's good to know that they will deal though if you work them right.

  5. #35
    TARKenton's Avatar
    TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    660

    Re: HD Extortion

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    Look at it this way.

    My business pays $50 per month just for HD access.
    The ticket is $1,000 for the season, but comes with superfan at no extra charge.

    You think its bad for residents, try owning a sports bar that has to have directv.
    I would pay it if I was a business.
    That is how you make money.. I guess I will have to find local Viking fans here in Mass and charge them $10 per head to get in the door of my house.
    LOL!
    agreed.
    I just cut dtv a check for $900 today for one month.
    But over $500 of that was for NFLST and espn gameplan.
    The thing i dont like is that I have 12 receivers, and i have to pay $13 per month for 10 of them, i only get 2 free.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

  6. #36
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: HD Extortion

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Sunday ticket is a must. HD is a must. NFL network is a must. I do not know how I lived without these things.
    dvr is a must.
    True!
    Got it and love it.
    I cut the game off because it went over the time.
    Still learning the ins and outs of the HD DVR.
    Just glad I was watching the whole game so the recording wasn't important.
    Mine queues me for adding a 30 minute extension when recording sporting events, I usually use this mode as most of them run over.
    I think Sunday Ticket allocates 4.5 hours in their slot.
    That is a good thing to remember.
    I wasn't thinking last night when it asked me.
    I chose that option on a Sunday game and recorded 5 hours of game.

    Low on space right now!
    I've cut off the end of way too many games.

  7. #37
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,607

    Re: HD Extortion

    "TARKenton" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    Look at it this way.

    My business pays $50 per month just for HD access.
    The ticket is $1,000 for the season, but comes with superfan at no extra charge.

    You think its bad for residents, try owning a sports bar that has to have directv.
    I would pay it if I was a business.
    That is how you make money.. I guess I will have to find local Viking fans here in Mass and charge them $10 per head to get in the door of my house.
    LOL!
    agreed.
    I just cut dtv a check for $900 today for one month.
    But over $500 of that was for NFLST and espn gameplan.
    The thing i dont like is that I have 12 receivers, and i have to pay $13 per month for 10 of them, i only get 2 free.
    12 receivers???
    Holy god do you have a tv in every room of your house???

  8. #38
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: HD Extortion

    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "TARKenton" wrote:
    Look at it this way.

    My business pays $50 per month just for HD access.
    The ticket is $1,000 for the season, but comes with superfan at no extra charge.

    You think its bad for residents, try owning a sports bar that has to have directv.
    I would pay it if I was a business.
    That is how you make money.. I guess I will have to find local Viking fans here in Mass and charge them $10 per head to get in the door of my house.
    LOL!
    agreed.
    I just cut dtv a check for $900 today for one month.
    But over $500 of that was for NFLST and espn gameplan.
    The thing i dont like is that I have 12 receivers, and i have to pay $13 per month for 10 of them, i only get 2 free.
    12 receivers???
    Holy god do you have a tv in every room of your house???
    probably owns a bar.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Bernard Berrian the victim of alleged extortion
    By kevoncox in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 01:50 AM
  2. Giants Coach Extortion Bust
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
  3. NFL preseason is extortion
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 10:56 AM
  4. Tom Cruise Extortion Plot
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 08:06 AM
  5. Extortion case involving Bart Starr set to begin today
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 08:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •