Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: HD Extortion

  1. #21
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: HD Extortion

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    I hear you Snow.
    I have the Straight up HOBO Version of Direct TV, W/ NFL Package.

    When we make the playoffs, one of us to travel to visit the other and watch the game together....







    NN
    Deal!

  2. #22
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308

    Re: HD Extortion

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I know.
    Just go to cancel it and they may give you the HD for free.
    A buddy of mine did that.

    I hate watching football games like the common man!
    LOL!
    They package it with the Superfan.... I don't need the Superfan.
    I want the Vikings game and I want it in HD.

    That is the only game that matters.

    I wouldn't mind paying a little bit more for the HD but the way they package it, it is terrible.

    I already pay more on a monthly basis to have HD TV but they are using the super fan to make you feel like you have to pay more for the NFL in HD.
    Yeah ... I just did not spring for the HD. I am pissed because I think that is total horseshit. But it is what it is. I have GREAT TVs (one thing my wife and I splurge on) so it all still looks pretty good in standard def.

  3. #23
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: HD Extortion

    I brought this up last year. I was one of the first to pay extra to get HDTV thru DTV.
    It was worth it.
    But I have been a subscriber to Sunday ticket for about a dozen years.
    And even though the games are broadcast in HDTV, and I have the HDTV receiver, these lick nuts pricks degrade the signal because I don't pay an additional fee.

    Well here's news for these extortionist pricks. They are losing a long time customer.

    This is my last year of bending over.

    Want customers? Give customer service.

    And half off doesn't get it for me.

    Screw DTV.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  4. #24
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: HD Extortion

    Sunday ticket is a must. HD is a must. NFL network is a must. I do not know how I lived without these things.
    We're bringing purple back.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: HD Extortion

    This is what I did the week before the season started.........

    Make sure you call Customer Retention which means go online and look for the number to "CANCEL" your service. The people in customer retention have much more leeway than the regular customer service people. So when you get them you're already in the queue as somebody who is calling to cancel.

    I just told them I needed to cancel because the price had gone up way too much, I didn't even use Superfan, and my wife just wasn't going to go for $369 for something we didn't even fully use.

    Hold your ground. They will offer you $10 off per month for 6 months. When you say "no, can't do it", they will then offer you $20 off for 6 months. At that point I said, "that's a good deal but I just can't do Superfan because I don't even use it." "It won't fly in my house if I have to pay $100 for something simply because we have HD. I spent a shitload on the big ass HD TV and now I have to pay more because I have it?" They then offered me $20 off and free Superfan.
    I hmmm’ed and haaaa’d for a few seconds and they threw in a years worth of HD access as well.
    I said, "if you can do that then I'm in". I got the guys name and employee number so that there would be no question if the bill came and it said anything different.

    The package WAS:

    Sunday Ticket =





    $269.94
    Superfan =









    $99.00
    Total =












    $368.94


    My new deal:

    Sunday Ticket =





    $149.94
    Superfan w/HD access =
    $Free
    HD Access =







    $-120.00

    Total =











    $29.94

    A savings of $339 for this year.

    My conversation with him went pretty quickly. He offered me the 3 things within 2 or 3 minutes. I've read on some blogs that some reps only offer you the first things or the first two things. In that case some people just said no and then called back a few hours or the next day later and in most cases were offered at least $20 off and free Superfan.

    I would definitely say how long you've had Directv and how much you're spending on the package that you have.
    Remind them that this is a tough economy!

    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  6. #26
    Big Matt's Avatar
    Big Matt is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    228

    Re: HD Extortion

    My wife signed us up for satellite.
    Great I thought, I can watch the Vikes instead of the Eagles, Giants, Jets I am limited to now.

    Nope, she signed us up for Dish Network, not Direct TV >

  7. #27
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: HD Extortion

    "gregair13" wrote:
    Sunday ticket is a must. HD is a must. NFL network is a must. I do not know how I lived without these things.
    dvr is a must.

  8. #28
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: HD Extortion

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    This is what I did the week before the season started.........

    Make sure you call Customer Retention which means go online and look for the number to "CANCEL" your service. The people in customer retention have much more leeway than the regular customer service people. So when you get them you're already in the queue as somebody who is calling to cancel.

    I just told them I needed to cancel because the price had gone up way too much, I didn't even use Superfan, and my wife just wasn't going to go for $369 for something we didn't even fully use.

    Hold your ground. They will offer you $10 off per month for 6 months. When you say "no, can't do it", they will then offer you $20 off for 6 months. At that point I said, "that's a good deal but I just can't do Superfan because I don't even use it." "It won't fly in my house if I have to pay $100 for something simply because we have HD. I spent a shitload on the big jiggly butt HD TV and now I have to pay more because I have it?" They then offered me $20 off and free Superfan.

    I hmmm’ed and haaaa’d for a few seconds and they threw in a years worth of HD access as well.
    I said, "if you can do that then I'm in". I got the guys name and employee number so that there would be no question if the bill came and it said anything different.

    The package WAS:

    Sunday Ticket =





    $269.94
    Superfan =









    $99.00
    Total =












    $368.94


    My new deal:

    Sunday Ticket =





    $149.94
    Superfan w/HD access =
    $Free
    HD Access =








    $-120.00

    Total =












    $29.94

    A savings of $339 for this year.

    My conversation with him went pretty quickly. He offered me the 3 things within 2 or 3 minutes. I've read on some blogs that some reps only offer you the first things or the first two things. In that case some people just said no and then called back a few hours or the next day later and in most cases were offered at least $20 off and free Superfan.

    I would definitely say how long you've had Directv and how much you're spending on the package that you have.
    Remind them that this is a tough economy!

    You are the man!

  9. #29
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: HD Extortion

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Sunday ticket is a must. HD is a must. NFL network is a must. I do not know how I lived without these things.
    dvr is a must.
    True!
    Got it and love it.
    I cut the game off because it went over the time.
    Still learning the ins and outs of the HD DVR.
    Just glad I was watching the whole game so the recording wasn't important.

  10. #30
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: HD Extortion

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    This is what I did the week before the season started.........

    Make sure you call Customer Retention which means go online and look for the number to "CANCEL" your service. The people in customer retention have much more leeway than the regular customer service people. So when you get them you're already in the queue as somebody who is calling to cancel.

    I just told them I needed to cancel because the price had gone up way too much, I didn't even use Superfan, and my wife just wasn't going to go for $369 for something we didn't even fully use.

    Hold your ground. They will offer you $10 off per month for 6 months. When you say "no, can't do it", they will then offer you $20 off for 6 months. At that point I said, "that's a good deal but I just can't do Superfan because I don't even use it." "It won't fly in my house if I have to pay $100 for something simply because we have HD. I spent a shitload on the big jiggly butt HD TV and now I have to pay more because I have it?" They then offered me $20 off and free Superfan.

    I hmmm’ed and haaaa’d for a few seconds and they threw in a years worth of HD access as well.
    I said, "if you can do that then I'm in". I got the guys name and employee number so that there would be no question if the bill came and it said anything different.

    The package WAS:

    Sunday Ticket =





    $269.94
    Superfan =









    $99.00
    Total =












    $368.94


    My new deal:

    Sunday Ticket =





    $149.94
    Superfan w/HD access =
    $Free
    HD Access =








    $-120.00

    Total =












    $29.94

    A savings of $339 for this year.

    My conversation with him went pretty quickly. He offered me the 3 things within 2 or 3 minutes. I've read on some blogs that some reps only offer you the first things or the first two things. In that case some people just said no and then called back a few hours or the next day later and in most cases were offered at least $20 off and free Superfan.

    I would definitely say how long you've had Directv and how much you're spending on the package that you have.
    Remind them that this is a tough economy!


    Good info, I'm in the same boat and pretty pissed about the HD upcharge of $100.
    I'd love to get the deal you have, definitely help with the marital bliss.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bernard Berrian the victim of alleged extortion
    By kevoncox in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 01:50 AM
  2. Giants Coach Extortion Bust
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
  3. NFL preseason is extortion
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 10:56 AM
  4. Tom Cruise Extortion Plot
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 08:06 AM
  5. Extortion case involving Bart Starr set to begin today
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 08:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •