Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Have You Been To Canton, Ohio?

This past Thanksgiving (on my way to see the Vikes play the Browns) I stopped off at the NFL HALL OF FAME with my 9 year old son.

Let me start by saying we had a good time.

The point of this discussion is . . . has anyone else been here and what did you think?

I was a bit disappointed that this was the HALL OF FAME for a multi-billion dollar a year industry. While the HALL had its moments, overall it was especially lame. In fact, the Flour Mill in downtown Minneapolis was a lot better, and the Minnesota State Museum in Saint Paul was 1000x better.

Any thoughts????

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Have You Been To Canton, Ohio?

actually been there twice, but it's probably been 15 years at least. back then i didn't have as near a thing for football as i do now. but i still had fun and remember it. definately would enjoy more now. hope to make it back again.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I'de like to see it someday, it will probably happen if my son get's into football as much as I did when young.

I'de then take a trip there with him to see it....But no, I've never been there myself yet..

Funny thing is, sometimes things are right in our own backyard and we don't even take the time to check them out..

IE: Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield,MA......Only a 25 min ride for me, but never been..

Mark Twain House......15 mins and never been..(Hartford,CT) and I hear they offer a great tour on a great place.

Noah Webster House, the writer of the Webster Dictionary.....West Hartford, Ct....I actually live only about 15 houses away from this place at one time, now about a whole big 10 min drive...Still never set foot in the place..

God, I have to get out and see more things, before the day comes I can't anymore...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I live a half hour from Canton and been there many times. They have done a lot to the place and it is 10x better than a few years ago.

Trust me, if you love football like I do I could care less if it was in a back alley. When you are there you are surrounded by greatness and history. You really need to spend about 4 hours in there to read things and just soak it up.

If anybody happens to be driving through let me know, I will even pay for the admittance....my treat!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I live a half hour from Canton and been there many times. They have done a lot to the place and it is 10x better than a few years ago.

Trust me, if you love football like I do I could care less if it was in a back alley. When you are there you are surrounded by greatness and history. You really need to spend about 4 hours in there to read things and just soak it up.

If anybody happens to be driving through let me know, I will even pay for the admittance....my treat!
    I am going to hold you to that, Ultra!!!

So get ready...are you ready for some football? A HALL OF FAME PARTY!!!
    With ol' Cajunvike...we gonna get this thing started!!!
    When the Caj comes on through...we'll hit Canton alright...
    Ultra and the Cajun...Hall of Fame...outtasite!!!

:grin: :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I'de like to see it someday, it will probably happen if my son get's into football as much as I did when young.

I'de then take a trip there with him to see it....But no, I've never been there myself yet..

Funny thing is, sometimes things are right in our own backyard and we don't even take the time to check them out..

IE: Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield,MA......Only a 25 min ride for me, but never been..

Mark Twain House......15 mins and never been..(Hartford,CT) and I hear they offer a great tour on a great place.

Noah Webster House, the writer of the Webster Dictionary.....West Hartford, Ct....I actually live only about 15 houses away from this place at one time, now about a whole big 10 min drive...Still never set foot in the place..

God, I have to get out and see more things, before the day comes I can't anymore...
    Promise yourself you will do those local things by the end of the year...it is the ONLY way to be in this life...I made that promise to myself and I have seen most of the local sites from Pennsylvania south to Virginia...battlefields, museums, parks...you just gotta make the time and DO IT!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

my dad went last year he brought me back lots of pics

"VikingNed" wrote:

I've found if you invite out-of-town quests, you tend to see more of the sites in your area - mainly because they want to.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

My sister-in-law & Family lives in Bainbridge (Chagrin Falls). Maybe we'll take you up on your offer sometime!! :lol:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Been there once, about 17-18 years ago. It was worth while then.

That reminds me, did anyone see the Induction ceremony for Steve Young. Him and his family visited the HOF when he was like 12, and they showed a picture of him when he was just a kid with his family in front of the Hall. Kind cool how that came around full circle like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast