Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55
  1. #21
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Have we seen the end of the New England dynasty?

    "C" wrote:
    So... they still haven't won a Super Bowl since being caught cheating? Funny how that works.
    The absolute refusal to accept that there is any other reason the Patriots might have won 3 Super Bowls besides "cheating" is rather closed-minded.

    There is none nor has there ever been evidence that the Patriots cheated in any Super Bowls.

    And you are also ignoring that the video taping of offensive play signals is not something that could have been turned around and used during a game.

    If you want to continue to hang your hat and credibility on "cheating", go for it.
    But for a miraculous catch by David Tyree and there would have been another SB on the mantle in Foxboro.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #22
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Have we seen the end of the New England dynasty?

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52479.msg972401#msg972401 date=1248284625]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=52479.msg972400#msg972400 date=1248284458]
    Ya'll can talk about Moss, Brady, Welker, etc.

    The the NE dynasty is dependant on Belichick, when he goes so goes the dynasty.
    Because there are lots of players that go there to play for Belichick.

    Also, Belichick likes to cheat, which always helps a dynasty
    ;D
    Belichik is the dynasty, eh? So... what happened in Cleveland?

    Don't you think he inherited a pretty good team from the Tuna in the Patriots?

    How many Super Bowls have they won since they've been PROVEN cheating?

    Yeah... seems like it's more the camcorders than it is Belichik.

    keep telling yourself that he's the only coach that has ever done that.


    They went 16-0 the year after being caught cheating, they lost ONE game all year, and as the saying goes "any given sunday..."
    in that case, they got upset.
    they played rather well despite losing their franchise QB last season (all while not being able to "cheat")
    They've had a revolving door at most positions, and still stayed competitive.
    As much as I dislike them, They were a great franchise.
    i'm not so ignorant as to deny that.
    Show me another coach that has... I'll wait.

    I love the people that say, "Everybody was cheating..." In the words of Mike Holmgren, "No... they weren't... that simply isn't true."

    But yet your saying other coaches have done it? Well, that's a strong accusation... I hope you have evidence (whats that... you don't?).


    Also... so, it's still zero Super Bowls since they've been PROVEN cheating then? Right... gotcha.
    Ok, you may be right, not EVERYBODY was cheating, but i'm sure there are others who did the same.
    Other coaches have said so (I don't remember who).

    Also.. so your saying if a team doesn't win the superbowl every season,t hey're nothing?
    Just the fact they went 16-0 without "cheating" should tell you there's more to that team than a cheater.
    To say otherwise is pure ignorance.
    LOL... so, you don't remember who... but YOU KNOW other coaches were cheating? That's hilarious.

    So... they still haven't won a Super Bowl since being caught cheating? Funny how that works.
    [/quote]

    no, I KNOW some other coach said that Bellicheck wasn't the only coach to do that.
    Funny eh?


    And you keep with that last line... maybe soon enough you'll convice someone you're right.
    Lets use your logic there, and say that I guess Jackson is a pile of shit because he's never won a playoff game since week 17.
    But i don't expect you'll pick up on how that comparason works.
    [/quote]

    Who said it? That's all I'm asking... you don't seem to know anything, yet you know it was said. Yes, that is funny.

    And, I don't need a paragraph... the answer is ZERO. They have won ZERO Super Bowls since they were caught cheating. Your opinions about me or the subject just don't matter. It was a simple question.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Have we seen the end of the New England dynasty?

    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52479.msg972408#msg972408 date=1248285532]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52479.msg972401#msg972401 date=1248284625]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=52479.msg972400#msg972400 date=1248284458]
    Ya'll can talk about Moss, Brady, Welker, etc.

    The the NE dynasty is dependant on Belichick, when he goes so goes the dynasty.
    Because there are lots of players that go there to play for Belichick.

    Also, Belichick likes to cheat, which always helps a dynasty
    ;D
    Belichik is the dynasty, eh? So... what happened in Cleveland?

    Don't you think he inherited a pretty good team from the Tuna in the Patriots?

    How many Super Bowls have they won since they've been PROVEN cheating?

    Yeah... seems like it's more the camcorders than it is Belichik.

    keep telling yourself that he's the only coach that has ever done that.


    They went 16-0 the year after being caught cheating, they lost ONE game all year, and as the saying goes "any given sunday..."
    in that case, they got upset.
    they played rather well despite losing their franchise QB last season (all while not being able to "cheat")
    They've had a revolving door at most positions, and still stayed competitive.
    As much as I dislike them, They were a great franchise.
    i'm not so ignorant as to deny that.
    Show me another coach that has... I'll wait.

    I love the people that say, "Everybody was cheating..." In the words of Mike Holmgren, "No... they weren't... that simply isn't true."

    But yet your saying other coaches have done it? Well, that's a strong accusation... I hope you have evidence (whats that... you don't?).


    Also... so, it's still zero Super Bowls since they've been PROVEN cheating then? Right... gotcha.
    Ok, you may be right, not EVERYBODY was cheating, but i'm sure there are others who did the same.
    Other coaches have said so (I don't remember who).

    Also.. so your saying if a team doesn't win the superbowl every season,t hey're nothing?
    Just the fact they went 16-0 without "cheating" should tell you there's more to that team than a cheater.
    To say otherwise is pure ignorance.
    LOL... so, you don't remember who... but YOU KNOW other coaches were cheating? That's hilarious.

    So... they still haven't won a Super Bowl since being caught cheating? Funny how that works.
    [/quote]

    no, I KNOW some other coach said that Bellicheck wasn't the only coach to do that.
    Funny eh?


    And you keep with that last line... maybe soon enough you'll convice someone you're right.
    Lets use your logic there, and say that I guess Jackson is a pile of shit because he's never won a playoff game since week 17.
    But i don't expect you'll pick up on how that comparason works.
    [/quote]

    Who said it? That's all I'm asking... you don't seem to know anything, yet you know it was said. Yes, that is funny.

    And, I don't need a paragraph... the answer is ZERO. They have won ZERO Super Bowls since they were caught cheating. Your opinions about me or the subject just don't matter. It was a simple question.
    [/quote]
    because I remember the article, not who exactly it was written about, however, my invitation for you to show me the rule that says you can't tape an opponent from the booth is still open.
    I'd lvoe to see it.

    Your logic is slowly dropping to about a 12 year old level.
    But by all means, keep it up, makes my day interesting thats for sure.

  4. #24
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Have we seen the end of the New England dynasty?

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52479.msg972413#msg972413 date=1248286101]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52479.msg972408#msg972408 date=1248285532]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52479.msg972401#msg972401 date=1248284625]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=52479.msg972400#msg972400 date=1248284458]
    Ya'll can talk about Moss, Brady, Welker, etc.

    The the NE dynasty is dependant on Belichick, when he goes so goes the dynasty.
    Because there are lots of players that go there to play for Belichick.

    Also, Belichick likes to cheat, which always helps a dynasty
    ;D
    Belichik is the dynasty, eh? So... what happened in Cleveland?

    Don't you think he inherited a pretty good team from the Tuna in the Patriots?

    How many Super Bowls have they won since they've been PROVEN cheating?

    Yeah... seems like it's more the camcorders than it is Belichik.

    keep telling yourself that he's the only coach that has ever done that.


    They went 16-0 the year after being caught cheating, they lost ONE game all year, and as the saying goes "any given sunday..."
    in that case, they got upset.
    they played rather well despite losing their franchise QB last season (all while not being able to "cheat")
    They've had a revolving door at most positions, and still stayed competitive.
    As much as I dislike them, They were a great franchise.
    i'm not so ignorant as to deny that.
    Show me another coach that has... I'll wait.

    I love the people that say, "Everybody was cheating..." In the words of Mike Holmgren, "No... they weren't... that simply isn't true."

    But yet your saying other coaches have done it? Well, that's a strong accusation... I hope you have evidence (whats that... you don't?).


    Also... so, it's still zero Super Bowls since they've been PROVEN cheating then? Right... gotcha.
    Ok, you may be right, not EVERYBODY was cheating, but i'm sure there are others who did the same.
    Other coaches have said so (I don't remember who).

    Also.. so your saying if a team doesn't win the superbowl every season,t hey're nothing?
    Just the fact they went 16-0 without "cheating" should tell you there's more to that team than a cheater.
    To say otherwise is pure ignorance.
    LOL... so, you don't remember who... but YOU KNOW other coaches were cheating? That's hilarious.

    So... they still haven't won a Super Bowl since being caught cheating? Funny how that works.
    [/quote]

    no, I KNOW some other coach said that Bellicheck wasn't the only coach to do that.
    Funny eh?


    And you keep with that last line... maybe soon enough you'll convice someone you're right.
    Lets use your logic there, and say that I guess Jackson is a pile of shit because he's never won a playoff game since week 17.
    But i don't expect you'll pick up on how that comparason works.
    [/quote]

    Who said it? That's all I'm asking... you don't seem to know anything, yet you know it was said. Yes, that is funny.

    And, I don't need a paragraph... the answer is ZERO. They have won ZERO Super Bowls since they were caught cheating. Your opinions about me or the subject just don't matter. It was a simple question.
    [/quote]
    because I remember the article, not who exactly it was written about, however, my invitation for you to show me the rule that says you can't tape an opponent from the booth is still open.
    I'd lvoe to see it.

    Your logic is slowly dropping to about a 12 year old level.
    But by all means, keep it up, makes my day interesting thats for sure.
    [/quote]

    LOVE IT....

    Let me get this straight... I have the logic of a 12-year-old boy, eh?

    Yet, you can't show me one SHRED of evidence of someone saying other coaches cheat... you can't remember who said it, when it was said... or anything... but you're SURE other coaches were cheating because of this mysterious quote you can't seem to find. Interesting.

    But I have the logic of a 12-year-old...

    And you want to see the rule where it says teams can't film the other coaches/sidelines? Is that why the team was fined $500,000? Because it was within the rules? Really?

    But I have the logic of a 12-year-old...



    Making me look better every time you push "Post".
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #25
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Have we seen the end of the New England dynasty?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    So... they still haven't won a Super Bowl since being caught cheating? Funny how that works.
    The absolute refusal to accept that there is any other reason the Patriots might have won 3 Super Bowls besides "cheating" is rather closed-minded.

    There is none nor has there ever been evidence that the Patriots cheated in any Super Bowls.

    And you are also ignoring that the video taping of offensive play signals is not something that could have been turned around and used during a game.

    If you want to continue to hang your hat and credibility on "cheating", go for it.
    But for a miraculous catch by David Tyree and there would have been another SB on the mantle in Foxboro.

    =Z=
    3 Super Bowls in the time they were PROVEN CHEATING.

    Zero Super Bowl victories in the rest of the history of the franchise.


    Those are just facts. No opinions. Just facts.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #26
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Have we seen the end of the New England dynasty?

    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    So... they still haven't won a Super Bowl since being caught cheating? Funny how that works.
    The absolute refusal to accept that there is any other reason the Patriots might have won 3 Super Bowls besides "cheating" is rather closed-minded.

    There is none nor has there ever been evidence that the Patriots cheated in any Super Bowls.

    And you are also ignoring that the video taping of offensive play signals is not something that could have been turned around and used during a game.

    If you want to continue to hang your hat and credibility on "cheating", go for it.
    But for a miraculous catch by David Tyree and there would have been another SB on the mantle in Foxboro.

    =Z=
    3 Super Bowls in the time they were PROVEN CHEATING.

    Zero Super Bowl victories in the rest of the history of the franchise.


    Those are just facts. No opinions. Just facts.
    Fact: Pats have never won a superbowl in the past decade without Eric Mangini.
    I can make links to things too, doesn't mean they work well.

    Fact.
    Teams don't win every single year, not even the good ones.
    Fact. the Pats longest win streak, even while cheating was 2 seasons.
    What, did they stop cheating then some years?

    discrediting the pats as a great franchise because they lost ONE game to a miracle catch and missed the playoffs, despite having their backup QB go 9-7 is all the symptoms of a hater.
    somewhat hypocritical of you, some might say.

  7. #27
    thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    694

    Re: Have we seen the end of the New England dynasty?

    pats dynasty is not over. if the vikings don't win the superbowl... it will be because the pats did.

    thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

    and yes... that just happened!

  8. #28
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Have we seen the end of the New England dynasty?

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    So... they still haven't won a Super Bowl since being caught cheating? Funny how that works.
    The absolute refusal to accept that there is any other reason the Patriots might have won 3 Super Bowls besides "cheating" is rather closed-minded.

    There is none nor has there ever been evidence that the Patriots cheated in any Super Bowls.

    And you are also ignoring that the video taping of offensive play signals is not something that could have been turned around and used during a game.

    If you want to continue to hang your hat and credibility on "cheating", go for it.
    But for a miraculous catch by David Tyree and there would have been another SB on the mantle in Foxboro.

    =Z=
    3 Super Bowls in the time they were PROVEN CHEATING.

    Zero Super Bowl victories in the rest of the history of the franchise.


    Those are just facts. No opinions. Just facts.
    Fact: Pats have never won a superbowl in the past decade without Eric Mangini.
    I can make links to things too, doesn't mean they work well.

    Fact.
    Teams don't win every single year, not even the good ones.
    Fact. the Pats longest win streak, even while cheating was 2 seasons.
    What, did they stop cheating then some years?

    discrediting the pats as a great franchise because they lost ONE game to a miracle catch and missed the playoffs, despite having their backup QB go 9-7 is all the symptoms of a hater.
    somewhat hypocritical of you, some might say.
    Still looking for that mysterious quote?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #29
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Have we seen the end of the New England dynasty?

    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    So... they still haven't won a Super Bowl since being caught cheating? Funny how that works.
    The absolute refusal to accept that there is any other reason the Patriots might have won 3 Super Bowls besides "cheating" is rather closed-minded.

    There is none nor has there ever been evidence that the Patriots cheated in any Super Bowls.

    And you are also ignoring that the video taping of offensive play signals is not something that could have been turned around and used during a game.

    If you want to continue to hang your hat and credibility on "cheating", go for it.
    But for a miraculous catch by David Tyree and there would have been another SB on the mantle in Foxboro.

    =Z=
    3 Super Bowls in the time they were PROVEN CHEATING.

    Zero Super Bowl victories in the rest of the history of the franchise.


    Those are just facts. No opinions. Just facts.
    Fact: Pats have never won a superbowl in the past decade without Eric Mangini.
    I can make links to things too, doesn't mean they work well.

    Fact.
    Teams don't win every single year, not even the good ones.
    Fact. the Pats longest win streak, even while cheating was 2 seasons.
    What, did they stop cheating then some years?

    discrediting the pats as a great franchise because they lost ONE game to a miracle catch and missed the playoffs, despite having their backup QB go 9-7 is all the symptoms of a hater.
    somewhat hypocritical of you, some might say.
    Still looking for that mysterious quote?
    no, but just for you
    i'll start.
    I didn't know it meant so much to you.

  10. #30
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Have we seen the end of the New England dynasty?

    here ya go:

    After footage from the actual tape was aired on FOX NFL Sunday on September 16, former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson claimed, "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us." Johnson also said, "Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don't know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this."[24]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dynasty League Keeper
    By GALLY in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
  2. The Bling Dynasty
    By Vikes_King in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 11:45 PM
  3. Speaking of a dynasty...
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 06:49 PM
  4. Bears a Dynasty?
    By mountainviking in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 11:23 AM
  5. What Ever Happened To This Dynasty?
    By sleepagent in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •