Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Haslett, Tice, Childress?: Marginal HCs get a second chance?

"C" wrote:
    I still stand by my comment: If Tice is marginal, Childress is the black-plague.

And I agree that Tice is a marginal coach.
    I know that you stand by that.
    I could find probably 1000 posts of yours to prove it!
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marshallvike" wrote:
    i watched the game two weeks ago at a neighborhood tavern. they play every game that is on at that time slot. during commercials i can simply turn my head and watch another game for a few minutes. during one commercial break, i looked around and saw that EVERY GAME was on a commercial at the same time. every single dog gonit game. Maybe we do not count for much after all.
    All is not lost my friend.
    The players love it when the crowd gets behind them and cheers thier asses off. I watched a good share of the Seahawks game. If anyone else did they saw some fan up there ticking off how many false starts the crowd caused.
    It was in the 70's.

That is what fans do my friend.
    Boo'ing in no way contributes to a win in my book.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Of course nobody counts on an individual basis.
    The fan base counts, without them there is nothing.
    Yes, revenues are driven by the TV kaka del rio, just like the bowl games in college.
    That is a cash cow for the universities.
    I'll default to tastywaves post, he explained what I'm thinking better than I did.
    I often do that.
    Tasty is wise beyond his years my friend and usually is a bit more articulated than I.

;D

Problem is I am a bit hard headed on a few issues and this one I can't be swayed on.
    To sit here and think that some yutz fans booing in the stadium is gonna get the Chiller fired is simply crazy talk (at least in my limited way of thinking).

Only way the Chiller leaves is if this team quits playing for him or he does something stupid like going out and scalping some tickets or something.

Nope, we have been in every game with only a few exceptions since the move was made to hire the Chiller.

IMHO we are just a few inconsitent plays away from having a better record this year.

Those things will iron themselves out but it won't happen if you fire a HC and then have to start over (again).
    I put my opinion on the whole determination of Childress getting fired or not up a couple of posts.
    Basically, I agree that the fans and/or media calling for Childress' head will have very little influence on Zygi's decision (at least it shouldn't).
    The primary factor for Zygi will be whether he still has faith in Childress to meet his objectives with this team.

The fans are important primarily in how the final product is judged as that is what an entertainment franchise is all about.
    Right now the customer is showing a lot of dissatisfaction in the product, its up to Zygi to figure out how to improve the product.
    Whether that includes Childress or not will be something only Zygi can decide.

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yes, revenues are driven by the TV kaka del rio, just like the bowl games in college.
    I'll default to tastywaves post, he explained what I'm thinking better than I did.
    I often do that.
    Tasty is wise beyond his years my friend and usually is a bit more articulated than I.

;D

Problem is I am a bit hard headed on a few issues and this one I can't be swayed on.
    To sit here and think that some yutz fans booing in the stadium is gonna get the Chiller fired is simply crazy talk (at least in my limited way of thinking).

Only way the Chiller leaves is if this team quits playing for him or he does something stupid like going out and scalping some tickets or something.

Nope, we have been in every game with only a few exceptions since the move was made to hire the Chiller.

IMHO we are just a few inconsitent plays away from having a better record this year.

Those things will iron themselves out but it won't happen if you fire a HC and then have to start over (again).
    I put my opinion on the whole determination of Childress getting fired or not up a couple of posts.
    Basically, I agree that the fans and/or media calling for Childress' head will have very little influence on Zygi's decision (at least it shouldn't).
    The primary factor for Zygi will be whether he still has faith in Childress to meet his objectives with this team.

The fans are important primarily in how the final product is judged as that is what an entertainment franchise is all about.
    Right now the customer is showing a lot of dissatisfaction in the product, its up to Zygi to figure out how to improve the product.
    Or to eductate the mindless masses in what they product really is.

MN fans will never be happy, even if we do win, until we see 45-0 games with endless deep passes on almost every down to a guy of Randy Moss's abilities.

Problem with that is, our team isn't made to win that way and never will be.
    Unless the fans get sold on the dink and dunk, ball control, low scoring games with a solid defense keeping it close (or winning it for that matter) no one in the metrodome is gonna ever be happy as we've seen over the last 2 weeks my friend.

Something to ponder is whether or not the MN fans are even part of the equation anymore (if they ever really were as I contend) based on the stadium effort.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I often do that.

;D

MN fans will never be happy, even if we do win, until we see 45-0 games with endless deep passes on almost every down to a guy of Randy Moss's abilities.

Unless the fans get sold on the dink and dunk, ball control, low scoring games with a solid defense keeping it close (or winning it for that matter) no one in the metrodome is gonna ever be happy as we've seen over the last 2 weeks my friend.

Something to ponder is whether or not the MN fans are even part of the equation anymore (if they ever really were as I contend) based on the stadium effort.
    No, actually, we're built to be pretty bland, then hope for a last second PI penalty that sets up a game winning FG (if we even win...).

Argue it all you want, but it's the truth.

Sorry I want to see a good football team out there... guess that's asking for too much.

Settling for mediocrity isn't surprising in this country, though... most of the nation does it in their everyday life, so I can't say I'm surprised some people are ok with this team.

But, some people actually have higher aspirations. Imagine that.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Well, IMHO, the final product should produce more than 12 points at home vs. a win less DeToilet Kitty Kats football team!!
    The defense has scored in all three of our wins...our team right now looks even more one sided than it did back in the days we had Moss and Carter going nuts on offense.
    The main problem I have with this, is that supposedly, we have the Kick Arse Offense...that is obviously not kicking anything, that is not even our OC's offense, but directly from the big brain on Brad, our HC.
    That doesn't leave the Chiller much to hide behind.

I like his trick plays.
    We've seen some good stuff there, just too seldom.
    We still seem to run the same small set of plays over and over and over and everybody knows what those plays are, and they are right in position waiting for them.
    IF he's been holding back for any reason (even execution,) at this point, he needs to let loose, step on the gas, and see where the KAO can take him (whether that be into the playoffs or careening off of a cliff), cuz scoring under 20 points every week on offense (with one of the best RBs in the league) is completely unacceptable!!

I've been saying all along, that I liked the Meathead, and wondered what he could have accomplished with a better owner, but more importantly, a full staff of assisstant coaches, and enough salary to keep the scalping idea out of his head.
    Whether he could have cleaned up the Loveboat mess, we'll never know, but it seems we've gone to the other extreme...from a fiery, personal emotional type leader, to a complete Xs and Os guy who may spend a bit too much time in his own head trying to over analyze everything on the team.

Great Point on Coughlin in NY!!
    After we smoked them on their turf, everybody was calling for both his and Eli's jobs.
    Now, they're both set, looking better than ever, and holding last year's ultimate prize.
    My guess, is that all coaches are marginal, until they win the big one, and continue to have a winning record on a regular basis
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I often do that.

;D

No, actually, we're built to be pretty bland, then hope for a last second PI penalty that sets up a game winning FG (if we even win...).

Sorry I want to see a good football team out there... guess that's asking for too much.

Settling for mediocrity isn't surprising in this country, though... most of the nation does it in their everyday life, so I can't say I'm surprised some people are ok with this team.

I hope you aren't trying to contend that I am settling for mediocrity or am in love with this team.

I am not on both accounts.
    I hate it when rookies/youngsters play.
    They make dumb mistakes, mostly at the wrong time which leads to inconsistency and losses.

Problem here is that this organization (not just the Chiller as you contend) has elected to build this team through the draft, sign some (not alot) of key FA's were there are holes and resign key vets.

What does that get us?

It gets us a team that is very talented but still lacks the ability to even do the simplest of things like executing a screen or pass blocking when needed or holding on to the damn ball.

Long story short, I am not of the mind to settle for anything. I want to win every game by 50 points and win the SB.
    I am, however, of a mind to know that just isn't gonna happen with this team regardless of who is coaching it this year or the next.

Sooooooo, strap it on I say.
    Whether the storm no matter what comes and quit beyyatching about something you just can't change regardless of how much you hate what this organization is doing whether that be the HC, the VP of Player personnel or the damn RT my friend.

In the greater scheme of things it is gonna get better regardless of what you think.
    ;D(lots of smiley faces) ;D

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=48499.msg851568#msg851568 date=1223908912]
    I often do that.

;D

I hope you aren't trying to contend that I am settling for mediocrity or am in love with this team.

They make dumb mistakes, mostly at the wrong time which leads to inconsistency and losses.

Problem here is that this organization (not just the Chiller as you contend) has elected to build this team through the draft, sign some (not alot) of key FA's were there are holes and resign key vets.

What does that get us?

It gets us a team that is very talented but still lacks the ability to even do the simplest of things like executing a screen or pass blocking when needed or holding on to the damn ball.

Long story short, I am not of the mind to settle for anything. I want to win every game by 50 points and win the SB.
    I am, however, of a mind to know that just isn't gonna happen with this team regardless of who is coaching it this year or the next.

Whether the storm no matter what comes and quit beyyatching about something you just can't change regardless of how much you hate what this organization is doing whether that be the HC, the VP of Player personnel or the damn RT my friend.

In the greater scheme of things it is gonna get better regardless of what you think.

[/quote]

That is a weak excuse. Our team is not too young to be able to be competitive in this league, we either picked the wrong talent or the staff is not talented enough to get them to play at the right level. Before you make any more excuses for the team, go back and find the Tomlin press interview when he gave his view of how losing key players was going to impact their ability to win. He had it right.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=48499.msg851574#msg851574 date=1223909263]
    I often do that.

;D

What does that get us?

It gets us a team that is very talented but still lacks the ability to even do the simplest of things like executing a screen or pass blocking when needed or holding on to the gol 'darnit ball.

Whether the storm no matter what comes and quit beyyatching about something you just can't change regardless of how much you hate what this organization is doing whether that be the HC, the VP of Player personnel or the gol 'darnit RT my friend.

[/quote]

That is a weak excuse. Our team is not too young to be able to be competitive in this league, we either picked the wrong talent or the staff is not talented enough to get them to play at the right level. Before you make any more excuses for the team, go back and find the Tomlin press interview when he gave his view of how losing key players was going to impact their ability to win. He had it right.
    [/quote]
    I didn't say that. In fact I said we have been competitive in almost every game since the Chiller got here my friend.

I blame some of the inconsistency on thier youth and the rest of it on the coaching staff for not working it out of them.

Of course you probably missed those posts when I was beeeyyyyyatching about the Chiller and his "New Approach" of getting a team ready to play this offseason.

I for one don't like the "New Chiller" and wish the "Old Hard Ass" was back.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=tastywaves link=topic=48499.msg851618#msg851618 date=1223911594]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=48499.msg851574#msg851574 date=1223909263]
    I often do that.

;D

What does that get us?

It gets us a team that is very talented but still lacks the ability to even do the simplest of things like executing a screen or pass blocking when needed or holding on to the gol 'darnit ball.

Whether the storm no matter what comes and quit beyyatching about something you just can't change regardless of how much you hate what this organization is doing whether that be the HC, the VP of Player personnel or the gol 'darnit RT my friend.

[/quote]

[/quote]
    I didn't say that. In fact I said we have been competitive in almost every game since the Chiller got here my friend.

I blame some of the inconsistency on thier youth and the rest of it on the coaching staff for not working it out of them.

Of course you probably missed those posts when I was beeeyyyyyatching about the Chiller and his "New Approach" of getting a team ready to play this offseason.

I for one don't like the "New Chiller" and wish the "Old Hard Ass" was back.
    [/quote]

I agree 100%. so many days i just dream of going back to the 6-10 days of old ;D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast