Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Harrington out of Motown by June 15

POSTED 3:00 p.m. EST, March 15, 2006
    HARRINGTON OUT OF MOTOWN BY JUNE 15
    Mike Florio

In a Wednesday column from Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com, Kowalski predicted that Lions quarterback Joey Harrington "might be ready to move on.."

As it turns out, he already is.

We've heard this afternoon that Harrington has asked the team to either trade him or release him, and that the team will accommodate his request before a significant roster bonus comes due on June 15.

Not long ago, new coach Rod Marinelli and new offensive coordinator Mike Martz publicly embraced Harrington, with Martz promising to strip Harrington down and build him back up. We're told that Martz and Marinelli weren't too pleased with what they saw from Harrington during recent workouts with Martz, which prompted the team to sign Jon Kitna, who specifically was told that he'd have a shot to compete for the starting job in Detroit.

Though it's not clear whether Harrington specifically was informed of the promise made to Kitna, Harrington is surely smart enough to realize that if Kitna wanted to be a backup he could have stayed in Cincinnati.

Bottom line -- Harrington has made it known he wants out, and the team is ready to make it happen.

The development likely will be viewed as a positive thing in the locker room. We're told that one of the Lions offensive lineman recently assessed the situation by saying, "We want the f---ker out."

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Harrington out of Motown by June 15

who is going to sign him? hes awful..god please dont let the vikings even consider it
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

hehe ship him over to The Saints...they need a QB :lol:

I have no idea. I think this guy is going to have a very hard time finding work in the NFL if he gets released

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Prophet Guest

He can join Aaron Brooks and open up a car wash.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

We're told that one of the Lions offensive lineman recently assessed the situation by saying, "We want the f---ker out."

Nice.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Those Lions players have no character whatsoever. Harrington's struggles have a lot to do with the play of the rest of the team around him, and then they throw him under the bus. I'm not saying he's Joe Montana, but the guy realistically never had a chance with that team. The receivers don't care about anything except dropping passes. The lineman, and I'm looking at you Damien Woody, only care about getting a fat contract and then getting fat. The defense, well, they've tried at least. Harrington was doomed.

And trust me, I know what I'm talking about, I have to watch the Lions every week.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    hehe ship him over to The Saints...they need a QB :lol:

I have no idea. I think this guy is going to have a very hard time finding work in the NFL if he gets released
    I don't think so. He wasn't THAT bad. If Bubby Brister and Koy Detmer can stay in the league as long as they have/did, he shoulnd't have problem at least being a backup.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Harrington wouldn't be a bad backup... He has the experience to be a really good backup in the NFL. I would give him a shot on those basis only..

In other news, he is pretty stupid to ask for a release, seeing as no other team would allow him to be their starter, unless of course Brett Favre from good retires.. :grin:

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

he'd be a good 3rd string back-up for us doing the hand signals and playing in garbage time. haha

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

no one in the nfl will want him. uh oh. coming to the cfl
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast