Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

"Zeus" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    People have a hard time admitting what isn't painted on the wall or slapped across their face.
    I want to motorboat Kendra.

=Z=
    Looks like Zeus is painting the wall white...
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

This shit cracks me up

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=24641.msg996405#msg996405 date=1253200363]
    [quote author=V link=topic=24641.msg996401#msg996401 date=1253200120]
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=24641.msg996399#msg996399 date=1253199726]
    Oh my god!

How could they have waived this superstar?
    The next hall of famer?
    The man that was by alot of posters on this site the greatest undarfted wide receiver of all time!

Has any team picked him up?
    Actually, we just said he was better than Billy McMullen.

Nice try though.

No some posters acted like we traded away Randy Moss for a second time when we traded an undrafted rookie that never played a regular season game for the vikes for a 4th year veteran wide receiver.
    We acted like it was an obviously bad trade, which it was.

Of a receiver that isn't anything special should have been a week of I like that guy why did we trade him and I did like Baskett, but it's been 3 years and we still hear about him.

People still bring up threads about him and not just because of his being released.
    That's because he is still putting up better numbers than Billy McMullen, and people like you are still denying it.
    [/quote]

LMAO - Zing!

The guys on NFL radio were even commenting how a player of Baskett's caliber stands no chance of clearing waivers.
    That somebody is definitely going to pick this kid up.

Guess what Whack?
    They were right.
    He's no superstar but he's held his own in the situations presented to him and will only continue to expand on that as he matures as an NFL WR.

It was a bad (not horrible) trade, plain and simple.
    Did it hurt the Vikings?
    Probably not, but the Eagles definitely got the better end of that deal.
    Time for you to admit you were wrong.
    [/quote]

NO. It is not time. The crow eating is at least a year past due.[/quote]]

What crow eating because we traded a undrafted rookie for a 4 year veteran receiver and the veteran reciever played for us and contributed and the undrafted rookie palyed for the other team and got cut and then picked up.

That was why I wrote this because I don't care about him he was an average WR with some potential and I didn't like that we traded him but posters on here acted like we traded Randy Moss again and he was average at best.

The next hall of famer?
    The man that was by alot of posters on this site the greatest undarfted wide receiver of all time!
    But his supporters keep posting that we made a bad trade! NO we didn't because we needed experienced wide receivers on our team that year and we trade a rookie to get one.

Baskett is average at best and puts no fear into opposing defenses so why after 4 years do people still want to say we made a bad deal because we didn't Baskett is nothing and never will be a starting wide receiver always will be a 4th, 5th or 6th receiver on a team that is it.

How many posters wrote on here since the Cleveland game about us cutting Bobby Wade?
    Not many and he was more vaulable to this team than Baskett or McMullen ever were or ever would have been.

So why shouldn't I eat crow because we traded a nothing receiver for another receiver and neither team got a good deal because they both sucked.

If you don't like it to bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with Wack personally

At the time the trade kinda made sense

An undrafted rookie who gives a shit

He wouldn't even be on our team right now anyway.. It's time to give it up

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=24641.msg996435#msg996435 date=1253202416]
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=24641.msg996405#msg996405 date=1253200363]
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=24641.msg996399#msg996399 date=1253199726]
    Oh my god!

The next hall of famer?

Nice try though.

No some posters acted like we traded away Randy Moss for a second time when we traded an undrafted rookie that never played a regular season game for the vikes for a 4th year veteran wide receiver.

Of a receiver that isn't anything special should have been a week of I like that guy why did we trade him and I did like Baskett, but it's been 3 years and we still hear about him.

People still bring up threads about him and not just because of his being released.
    That's because he is still putting up better numbers than Billy McMullen, and people like you are still denying it.
    [/quote]

LMAO - Zing!

The guys on NFL radio were even commenting how a player of Baskett's caliber stands no chance of clearing waivers.

Guess what Whack?
    They were right.
    He's no superstar but he's held his own in the situations presented to him and will only continue to expand on that as he matures as an NFL WR.

Did it hurt the Vikings?
    [/quote]

What crow eating because we traded a undrafted rookie for a 4 year veteran receiver and the veteran reciever played for us and contributed and the undrafted rookie palyed for the other team and got cut and then picked up.

That was why I wrote this because I don't care about him he was an average WR with some potential and I didn't like that we traded him but posters on here acted like we traded Randy Moss again and he was average at best.

The next hall of famer?
    But his supporters keep posting that we made a bad trade! NO we didn't because we needed experienced wide receivers on our team that year and we trade a rookie to get one.

Baskett is average at best and puts no fear into opposing defenses so why after 4 years do people still want to say we made a bad deal because we didn't Baskett is nothing and never will be a starting wide receiver always will be a 4th, 5th or 6th receiver on a team that is it.

How many posters wrote on here since the Cleveland game about us cutting Bobby Wade?
    Not many and he was more vaulable to this team than Baskett or McMullen ever were or ever would have been.

So why shouldn't I eat crow because we traded a nothing receiver for another receiver and neither team got a good deal because they both sucked.

[/quote]

Sorry Whack, but no matter which way you slice it your still wrong.
    As irrelevant and minor as it was Baskett was the better WR then and still is today.

Nobody acted like we traded away a superstar (as you put it)....nobody.
    We simply called like it was.
    We knew McMuffin was garbage and we knew that at the very least Baskett had 4th string potential.
    He made a few huge plays for the Eagles and that alone made the trade worth while for them.
    It was a bad trade - the Eagles got the better end of the deal, no matter which way you try to spin it.

As far as Wade?
    You claim that not many wrote about Wade?
    Seriously?
    A lot of people wrote about Wade, go look at the thread...plus all the other threads where it was discussed.

You just don't want to admit that the trade favored the Eagles, which s fine, it is mostly irrelevant, but if anybody is to eat crow it's the ones who supported the trade.
    It's hard to admit when your wrong isn't it?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=24641.msg996543#msg996543 date=1253214619]
    Oh my god!

The next hall of famer?

Nice try though.

[/quote]

LMAO - Zing!

Guess what Whack?
    They were right.

Did it hurt the Vikings?
    [/quote]

The next hall of famer?

[/quote]

As irrelevant and minor as it was Baskett was the better WR then and still is today.

We knew McMuffin was garbage and we knew that at the very least Baskett had 4th string potential.
    He made a few huge plays for the Eagles and that alone made the trade worth while for them.
    It was a bad trade - the Eagles got the better end of the deal, no matter which way you try to spin it.

As far as Wade?
    Seriously?
    A lot of people wrote about Wade, go look at the thread...plus all the other threads where it was discussed.

You just don't want to admit that the trade favored the Eagles, which s fine, it is mostly irrelevant, but if anybody is to eat crow it's the ones who supported the trade.
    It's hard to admit when your wrong isn't it?
    [/quote]

Apparently So. At least he is going down swinging.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Who are Baskett and McMullen?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    Who are Baskett and McMullen?
    I don't know who McMuffin is, but Baskett is the next coming of Randy Moss!!!!!!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=24641.msg996553#msg996553 date=1253214883]
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=24641.msg996543#msg996543 date=1253214619]
    Oh my god!

The next hall of famer?

Nice try though.

[/quote]

LMAO - Zing!

Guess what Whack?
    They were right.

Did it hurt the Vikings?
    [/quote]

The next hall of famer?

[/quote]

As far as Wade?
    Seriously?

[color=blue]It's hard to admit when your wrong isn't it?[/color
    ]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Apparently it is because you two cann't do it!

I was not wrong then and I am not wrong now!

Baskett is a average receiver and it's been 3 years he has done nothing and will never do nothing except marry a good looking skank that slept with a 80 year old man to get into Playboy and on TV !!!
    Isn't that called a whore?

Bobby Wade was cut Sept 10th the last post in that thread was Sept 14th
    -
    4 days for the leading receiver on our team for the last 2 years and he only get's 4 days.
    Hank Baskett an undrafted rookie gets 3 fing years!

I say it's you Hank Baskett zelots that are wrong and can't admit the Viking's traded away a kid with some potential for a 4 year veteran and neither team got the better end of the stick because McMullen was needed more on this team at that time than Baskett was if you can't see that then it's just because you can't admitt you are wrong.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=BloodyHorns82 link=topic=24641.msg996560#msg996560 date=1253215172]
    [quote author=V link=topic=24641.msg996553#msg996553 date=1253214883]
    Oh my god!

The next hall of famer?

Nice try though.

[/quote]

LMAO - Zing!

Guess what Whack?
    They were right.

Did it hurt the Vikings?
    [/quote]

The next hall of famer?

[/quote]

As far as Wade?
    Seriously?

[color=blue]It's hard to admit when your wrong isn't it?[/color
    ]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Apparently it is because you two cann't do it!

I was not wrong then and I am not wrong now!

Baskett is a average receiver and it's been 3 years he has done nothing and will never do nothing except marry a good looking skank that slept with a 80 year old man to get into Playboy and on TV !!!
    Isn't that called a whore?

Bobby Wade was cut Sept 10th the last post in that thread was Sept 14th

-

4 days for the leading receiver on our team for the last 2 years and he only get's 4 days.

Hank Baskett an undrafted rookie gets 3 fing years!

I say it's you Hank Baskett zelots that are wrong and can't admit the Viking's traded away a kid with some potential for a 4 year veteran and neither team got the better end of the stick because McMullen was needed more on this team at that time than Baskett was if you can't see that then it's just because you can't admitt you are wrong.
    [/quote]

Baskett > McMullen

You can talk about "how we needed McMullen" all you want, but the truth is that the deal did not pan out for us in any way, shape, or form. He was a nobody, and he did not contribute in any significant way. A rookie with potential would have been far more beneficial in the long term. You could even argue that keeping Baskett would have made drafting Sidney Rice unneccesary.

I totally understand the theory behind the trade, just saying, it didn't work out for us. No need to be stubborn about it. Baskett has been a young, serviceable WR. McMullen is selling cars right now.

Two player trades are pretty simple to analyze. Simply choose the player who has had more success. The answer is Baskett, without a doubt. Bad Trade. We didn't need a pathetic WR who added nothing to the team. We could have used some young potential much much more. In fact, replacing Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor, Robert Ferguson, and Billy McMullen with Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, Darius Reynaud, and Jaymar Johnson proves that.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast