Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Rookie receiver winning big fans

I hope he does well in Philly.

Then it might convince Childress to stop trading for their backups..

COUGHArtieHicksCOUGH.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    Who cares about an Eagle W.R?....and why whine about someone that was undrafted and traded?.....what good does it do?

It seems some of you are just sitting back and waiting to say ....I told you so!!!!...
    Are you a sports journalist for the Mpls Star Tribune? If you want to stay undercover stop giving obvious clues.
    Yet one has to wonder how many times he's posted about Moss since he's been gone. :wink:
    I'm a fan that was glad when we traded Moss.....we got hosed on the trade but at least the punk is gone :!: :wink:

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I think I was one pushing for the Vikes to draft Baskett. When we didn't but got him even "cheaper" I was estatic. Then they trade him away for Hicks????? I never did quite understand that one. I think Baskett will prove himself as a good receiver. They sure liked him in NM and it looks like he's making his mark in Phildelphia.
    I got a feeling this is going to be a great Trivia question in three years:
    Who traded away All-Pro receiver Baskett for another player who never started another game in the league?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

I have seen him play a lot in person being a big name in the Mountain West Conf.

He put up great numbers in Div 1 football. He went unoticed because he played in the MWC.

We had a good athlete on us and traded him away for nothing. I wish we would have waited and at least had him one year even if all it was was special teams.
    http://golobos.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/baskett_hank00.html

Dumb move by the Vikings IMO, nice grab for the Eagles.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I have seen him play a lot in person being a big name in the Mountain West Conf.

He put up great numbers in Div 1 football. He went unoticed because he played in the MWC.

We had a good athlete on us and traded him away for nothing. I wish we would have waited and at least had him one year even if all it was was special teams.
    Exactly. Childress wanted a 5th or 4th WR who had knowledge of the system he was going to put in. Well, whoop-te-doo. McMullen's never done a thing and the Vikes already had a candidate for 5th WR in Ryan Hoag.

Arrrrrrgh!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Baskett was undrafted and there is no guarantees this guy will be in the league 2 years from now and some people are acting like we traded away an all star. What is Donovan supposed to say, I don't think the guy has what it takes.

He could be a diamond in the rough and 4 years from know we could be kicking our selves, but there are wide receivers that are picked in the 1st and 2nd rounds that don't make it in the NFL so lets see what happens before anybody jumps off a bridge!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Baskett was undrafted and there is no guarantees this guy will be in the league 2 years from now and some people are acting like we traded away an all star. What is Donovan supposed to say, I don't think the guy has what it takes.

He could be a diamond in the rough and 4 years from know we could be kicking our selves, but there are wide receivers that are picked in the 1st and 2nd rounds that don't make it in the NFL so lets see what happens before anybody jumps off a bridge!
    Thing is - at the #5 spot, I'd rather see an undrafted rookie with unknown potential over a stiff who's already flailed in his 3 seasons in the league.

Unless we're ready to procliam that Billy McMullen is gonna [size=18px]BUST OUT IN 2006![/size]

=Z=

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    Billy McMullen is gonna [size=18px]BUST OUT IN 2006![/size]
    Looks like a prediction to me. Warm up the oven for some crow. :lol:

"Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    Billy McMullen is gonna [size=18px]BUST OUT IN 2006![/size]
    Looks like a prediction to me. Warm up the oven for some crow. :lol:
    That was taken TOTALLY out-of-context.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I shall EAT NO CROW because I'm careful to leave tap-dancing room in every prediction.

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:

Well when you have draft analysts saying he is the 2nd best senior WR in the draft, when the guy leads the MWC in the high jump and has tore up division stats he is worth holding onto for at least a season LMAO!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast