Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 109 of 109
  1. #101
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,467

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Both are shitty WRs
    Would you say Sidney Rice is a shitty WR?

    Baskett's numbers are pretty comparable to his over the last two years.
    I'd say Rice is shitty... I mean, people tear Jackson apart for being a second round draft pick and not performing, but what has Rice done?

    Until he actually starts playing at a higher level, he's a pretty shitty WR.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #102
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "C" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Both are shitty WRs
    Would you say Sidney Rice is a shitty WR?

    Baskett's numbers are pretty comparable to his over the last two years.
    I'd say Rice is shitty... I mean, people tear Jackson apart for being a second round draft pick and not performing, but what has Rice done?

    Until he actually starts playing at a higher level, he's a pretty shitty WR.
    I can't disagree with that.
    I don't know if I would call him shitty just like I wouldn't call TJ shitty.
    Rice appears to be running better routes this year.
    He also seems to be blocking down field nicely.
    He catches just about everything thrown his way.

    It is very difficult to compare a QB to a WR.
    QBs control just about every offensive play.
    WRs don't.
    In essence I couldn't blame Rice for crappy numbers when the QBs aren't getting him the ball.
    The real question is was it because of his route running when TJ was there or was it that TJ didn't get him the ball?
    Truth be told I did see plays where he was open and TJ didn't find him.
    Then again I saw plays where he was covered well.

  3. #103
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Both are shitty WRs
    Would you say Sidney Rice is a shitty WR?

    Baskett's numbers are pretty comparable to his over the last two years.
    I'd say Rice is shitty... I mean, people tear Jackson apart for being a second round draft pick and not performing, but what has Rice done?

    Until he actually starts playing at a higher level, he's a pretty shitty WR.
    I can't disagree with that.
    I don't know if I would call him shitty just like I wouldn't call TJ shitty.
    Rice appears to be running better routes this year.
    He also seems to be blocking down field nicely.
    He catches just about everything thrown his way.

    It is very difficult to compare a QB to a WR.
    QBs control just about every offensive play.
    WRs don't.
    In essence I couldn't blame Rice for crappy numbers when the QBs aren't getting him the ball.
    The real question is was it because of his route running when TJ was there or was it that TJ didn't get him the ball?
    Truth be told I did see plays where he was open and TJ didn't find him.
    Then again I saw plays where he was covered well.
    I personally have always felt that for all his "talent" Sid the Kid seems to have a REAL tough time getting separation.
    Every time a ball is thrown his way on a route that is down the field he is covered fairly well and the QB is taking a shot at his hands and size paying off (which is doesn't as often as it should). The only time I see him open are on timing plays where he comes back or goes out and the ball is there before the DB can adjust.
    I don't know if this is a speed issue or what, but until he can get some separation downfield, his other skills are going to be hard to utilize ... IMO of course.

  4. #104
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "midgensa" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Both are shitty WRs
    Would you say Sidney Rice is a shitty WR?

    Baskett's numbers are pretty comparable to his over the last two years.
    I'd say Rice is shitty... I mean, people tear Jackson apart for being a second round draft pick and not performing, but what has Rice done?

    Until he actually starts playing at a higher level, he's a pretty shitty WR.
    I can't disagree with that.
    I don't know if I would call him shitty just like I wouldn't call TJ shitty.
    Rice appears to be running better routes this year.
    He also seems to be blocking down field nicely.
    He catches just about everything thrown his way.

    It is very difficult to compare a QB to a WR.
    QBs control just about every offensive play.
    WRs don't.
    In essence I couldn't blame Rice for crappy numbers when the QBs aren't getting him the ball.
    The real question is was it because of his route running when TJ was there or was it that TJ didn't get him the ball?
    Truth be told I did see plays where he was open and TJ didn't find him.
    Then again I saw plays where he was covered well.
    I personally have always felt that for all his "talent" Sid the Kid seems to have a REAL tough time getting separation.
    Every time a ball is thrown his way on a route that is down the field he is covered fairly well and the QB is taking a shot at his hands and size paying off (which is doesn't as often as it should). The only time I see him open are on timing plays where he comes back or goes out and the ball is there before the DB can adjust.
    I don't know if this is a speed issue or what, but until he can get some separation downfield, his other skills are going to be hard to utilize ... IMO of course.
    Definitely a valid point.
    I don't think Rice is that quick.
    He needs to step up on his routes in order to get open on those deeper routes

  5. #105
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "V" wrote:
    LMAO Whack. Pathetic. Just Pathetic.

    EVERYONE who is for some reason still reading this thread needs to click this link:
    Baskett vs. McMullen watch

    - To summarize. Whack establishes that he is going to maintain this thread to prove he opinions on the trade. - - Look at the second post by Del Rio! "Make sure you maintain this for at least 3 years whack." Have you done this whack? NO, you only look at 2006 because the rest doesn't support your argument.
    - Furthermore, I request that "Baskett doesn't have to be a Fitzgerald type player for it to be a bad trade, he only has to outperform McMullen. I just want to establish that." and Whack agrees to this.

    This is all on the first page of that thread. So here we are, years later, and Whack has broken all promises, reverting back to his old BS. Let's take a look at the 3 year comparison:

    Baskett 2006: 5 Starts, 22 Catches, 464 Yards, 2 TDs
    McMullen 2006: 0 Starts, 23 Catches, 307 Yards, 3 TDs
    Baskett 2007: 0 Starts, 16 Catches, 142 Yards, 1 TD
    McMullen 2007: Released by Minnesota. Unsigned for the entire year
    Baskett 2008: 6 Starts, 33 Catches, 440 Yards, 3 TDs
    McMullen 2008: Signed by Seattle. He no longer is playing for the Vikes, meaning we no longer are gaining value from this trade, but I'll post his stats anyways to be fair: 2 Starts, 7 Catches, 124 Yards, 0 TD

    It is obvious who the better player is. McMullen is now with the Lions but has not dressed. He is exactly the journeyman WR I called him out to be, and he hasn't played in a regular season game since October of last year. Baskett was cut only because the Eagles were forced to bring in another QB, and he got snatched up by the Colts very quickly.

    If you want to argue about the need for a veteran presence over a rookie in 2006, that is ok even though I strongly disagree. However, please don't try to feed me this BS about who the better WR is.

    I hope that Baskett does great the rest of his career and makes the Hall of Fame!

    He won't and I won't say he is good until that day so the Vikes got just as good as they traded!

    By the way I started the thread and I decided to do it 1 year because it was a pain in the ass
    -
    I like Del but he wasn't my father, wife or my boss so I didn't have to listen to what he said.


    great number in 2007 16 cahtches 142 yards what a superstar how could we have traded him away! ??? ???

    This is Rices make or break year and it has been said by a lot of people.

    This is the last post I will write on this subject
    -
    V and ejmat you can post after this and have the last post.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  6. #106
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    LMAO Whack. Pathetic. Just Pathetic.

    EVERYONE who is for some reason still reading this thread needs to click this link:
    Baskett vs. McMullen watch

    - To summarize. Whack establishes that he is going to maintain this thread to prove he opinions on the trade. - - Look at the second post by Del Rio! "Make sure you maintain this for at least 3 years whack." Have you done this whack? NO, you only look at 2006 because the rest doesn't support your argument.
    - Furthermore, I request that "Baskett doesn't have to be a Fitzgerald type player for it to be a bad trade, he only has to outperform McMullen. I just want to establish that." and Whack agrees to this.

    This is all on the first page of that thread. So here we are, years later, and Whack has broken all promises, reverting back to his old BS. Let's take a look at the 3 year comparison:

    Baskett 2006: 5 Starts, 22 Catches, 464 Yards, 2 TDs
    McMullen 2006: 0 Starts, 23 Catches, 307 Yards, 3 TDs
    Baskett 2007: 0 Starts, 16 Catches, 142 Yards, 1 TD
    McMullen 2007: Released by Minnesota. Unsigned for the entire year
    Baskett 2008: 6 Starts, 33 Catches, 440 Yards, 3 TDs
    McMullen 2008: Signed by Seattle. He no longer is playing for the Vikes, meaning we no longer are gaining value from this trade, but I'll post his stats anyways to be fair: 2 Starts, 7 Catches, 124 Yards, 0 TD

    It is obvious who the better player is. McMullen is now with the Lions but has not dressed. He is exactly the journeyman WR I called him out to be, and he hasn't played in a regular season game since October of last year. Baskett was cut only because the Eagles were forced to bring in another QB, and he got snatched up by the Colts very quickly.

    If you want to argue about the need for a veteran presence over a rookie in 2006, that is ok even though I strongly disagree. However, please don't try to feed me this BS about who the better WR is.

    I hope that Baskett does great the rest of his career and makes the Hall of Fame!

    He won't and I won't say he is good until that day so the Vikes got just as good as they traded!

    By the way I started the thread and I decided to do it 1 year because it was a pain in the ass
    -
    I like Del but he wasn't my father, wife or my boss so I didn't have to listen to what he said.


    great number in 2007 16 cahtches 142 yards what a superstar how could we have traded him away! ??? ???

    This is Rices make or break year and it has been said by a lot of people.

    This is the last post I will write on this subject

    -

    V and ejmat you can post after this and have the last post.
    LOL.
    I really don't need to post here either.
    Neither of them has made anything with themselves.
    The only thing I will say in which I have said all along is Baskett lasted longer with the Eagles and was more productive for the Eagles than McMullen was for the Vikings.
    That being said, to me, the Eagles got the better of the trade.
    How much better?
    Not much.
    So as someone else stated earlier (not in the same words) in the long run who really gives a frogs fat ass?
    ;D

  7. #107
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    LMAO Whack. Pathetic. Just Pathetic.

    EVERYONE who is for some reason still reading this thread needs to click this link:
    Baskett vs. McMullen watch

    - To summarize. Whack establishes that he is going to maintain this thread to prove he opinions on the trade. - - Look at the second post by Del Rio! "Make sure you maintain this for at least 3 years whack." Have you done this whack? NO, you only look at 2006 because the rest doesn't support your argument.
    - Furthermore, I request that "Baskett doesn't have to be a Fitzgerald type player for it to be a bad trade, he only has to outperform McMullen. I just want to establish that." and Whack agrees to this.

    This is all on the first page of that thread. So here we are, years later, and Whack has broken all promises, reverting back to his old BS. Let's take a look at the 3 year comparison:

    Baskett 2006: 5 Starts, 22 Catches, 464 Yards, 2 TDs
    McMullen 2006: 0 Starts, 23 Catches, 307 Yards, 3 TDs
    Baskett 2007: 0 Starts, 16 Catches, 142 Yards, 1 TD
    McMullen 2007: Released by Minnesota. Unsigned for the entire year
    Baskett 2008: 6 Starts, 33 Catches, 440 Yards, 3 TDs
    McMullen 2008: Signed by Seattle. He no longer is playing for the Vikes, meaning we no longer are gaining value from this trade, but I'll post his stats anyways to be fair: 2 Starts, 7 Catches, 124 Yards, 0 TD

    It is obvious who the better player is. McMullen is now with the Lions but has not dressed. He is exactly the journeyman WR I called him out to be, and he hasn't played in a regular season game since October of last year. Baskett was cut only because the Eagles were forced to bring in another QB, and he got snatched up by the Colts very quickly.

    If you want to argue about the need for a veteran presence over a rookie in 2006, that is ok even though I strongly disagree. However, please don't try to feed me this BS about who the better WR is.

    I hope that Baskett does great the rest of his career and makes the Hall of Fame!

    He won't and I won't say he is good until that day so the Vikes got just as good as they traded!

    By the way I started the thread and I decided to do it 1 year because it was a pain in the ass
    -
    I like Del but he wasn't my father, wife or my boss so I didn't have to listen to what he said.


    great number in 2007 16 cahtches 142 yards what a superstar how could we have traded him away! ??? ???

    This is Rices make or break year and it has been said by a lot of people.

    This is the last post I will write on this subject

    -

    V and ejmat you can post after this and have the last post.
    It's obvious that you refuse to look at this topic with any sensibility at all, so I as well will stop wasting my time.

    Saying that you admit the Eagles got the better end of the trade unless Baskett goes to the Hall of Fame is ridiculous.

    Saying that people expected a superstar numbers is also ridiculous. Nobody even said anything of the sort.

    And finally, saying you didn't keep it up because it was "a pain in the ass" is also ridiculous, either in the fact that you thought a 1-year analysis would be a fair one (especially on a board that wants FOUR years to analyze TJ) or in the fact that you still tried to post those lame 2006 stats without acknowledging 2007 & 2008. You didn't keep it up, because were wrong and didn't (and apparently still don't) want to admit it.

    Again, in the grand scheme of things I agree this is a miniscule issue, but it's clear that Baskett is better than McMullen. I would be able to respect your posts here much more. However, you refuse to do so, and thus your argument comes off as stubborn and idiotic.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #108
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    Overpaid. No good. he sucks.
    We're bringing purple back.

  9. #109
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    LMAO Whack. Pathetic. Just Pathetic.

    EVERYONE who is for some reason still reading this thread needs to click this link:
    Baskett vs. McMullen watch

    - To summarize. Whack establishes that he is going to maintain this thread to prove he opinions on the trade. - - Look at the second post by Del Rio! "Make sure you maintain this for at least 3 years whack." Have you done this whack? NO, you only look at 2006 because the rest doesn't support your argument.
    - Furthermore, I request that "Baskett doesn't have to be a Fitzgerald type player for it to be a bad trade, he only has to outperform McMullen. I just want to establish that." and Whack agrees to this.

    This is all on the first page of that thread. So here we are, years later, and Whack has broken all promises, reverting back to his old BS. Let's take a look at the 3 year comparison:

    Baskett 2006: 5 Starts, 22 Catches, 464 Yards, 2 TDs
    McMullen 2006: 0 Starts, 23 Catches, 307 Yards, 3 TDs
    Baskett 2007: 0 Starts, 16 Catches, 142 Yards, 1 TD
    McMullen 2007: Released by Minnesota. Unsigned for the entire year
    Baskett 2008: 6 Starts, 33 Catches, 440 Yards, 3 TDs
    McMullen 2008: Signed by Seattle. He no longer is playing for the Vikes, meaning we no longer are gaining value from this trade, but I'll post his stats anyways to be fair: 2 Starts, 7 Catches, 124 Yards, 0 TD

    It is obvious who the better player is. McMullen is now with the Lions but has not dressed. He is exactly the journeyman WR I called him out to be, and he hasn't played in a regular season game since October of last year. Baskett was cut only because the Eagles were forced to bring in another QB, and he got snatched up by the Colts very quickly.

    If you want to argue about the need for a veteran presence over a rookie in 2006, that is ok even though I strongly disagree. However, please don't try to feed me this BS about who the better WR is.

    I hope that Baskett does great the rest of his career and makes the Hall of Fame!

    He won't and I won't say he is good until that day so the Vikes got just as good as they traded!

    By the way I started the thread and I decided to do it 1 year because it was a pain in the ass
    -
    I like Del but he wasn't my father, wife or my boss so I didn't have to listen to what he said.


    great number in 2007 16 cahtches 142 yards what a superstar how could we have traded him away! ??? ???

    This is Rices make or break year and it has been said by a lot of people.

    This is the last post I will write on this subject

    -

    V and ejmat you can post after this and have the last post.
    LOL.
    I really don't need to post here either.
    Neither of them has made anything with themselves.
    The only thing I will say in which I have said all along is Baskett lasted longer with the Eagles and was more productive for the Eagles than McMullen was for the Vikings.
    That being said, to me, the Eagles got the better of the trade.
    How much better?
    Not much.
    So as someone else stated earlier (not in the same words) in the long run who really gives a frogs fat ass?
    ;D
    Are we arguing about whose pile of crap steamed longer?


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Similar Threads

  1. Hank Baskett to the Vikings
    By thenetstud in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 07:26 PM
  2. Eagles sign WR Hank Baskett to 1-year deal
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
  3. Baskett Fans
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 12:20 PM
  4. Hank Baskett
    By VikingPatrick in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 12:37 PM
  5. Vikings sign Hank Baskett WR, New Mexico
    By iluvbigtds in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 06:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •