Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 109
  1. #91
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    They both suck cock

    Therefore not a bad trade

    Wouldnt matter to us then.. And not now

  2. #92
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    Keep in mind that Baskett had McNabb and Garcia as QBs, who were much more serviceable then what we had at the time.
    Therefore, naturally their stats are inflated.
    McNabb dishes the ball out evenly so he was utilized more.
    In fact, McMullen came up huge for us in at least one game if I recall correctly.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  3. #93
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Keep in mind that Baskett had McNabb and Garcia as QBs, who were much more serviceable then what we had at the time.
    Therefore, naturally their stats are inflated.
    McNabb dishes the ball out evenly so he was utilized more.
    In fact, McMullen came up huge for us in at least one game if I recall correctly.

    And a game or two last year for Seattle

    Different story having mcnabb as your QB instead of Seneca Wallace

    Never the less they both suck and this is the fuckin dumbest thread i've ever took part in and im kind of ashamed of it

    Surprised somone like V is participating

  4. #94
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "V" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=24641.msg996585#msg996585 date=1253216154]
    [quote author=BloodyHorns82 link=topic=24641.msg996560#msg996560 date=1253215172]
    [quote author=V link=topic=24641.msg996553#msg996553 date=1253214883]
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=24641.msg996543#msg996543 date=1253214619]
    [quote author=V link=topic=24641.msg996435#msg996435 date=1253202416]
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=24641.msg996405#msg996405 date=1253200363]
    [quote author=V link=topic=24641.msg996401#msg996401 date=1253200120]
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=24641.msg996399#msg996399 date=1253199726]
    Oh my god!

    How could they have waived this superstar?
    The next hall of famer?
    The man that was by alot of posters on this site the greatest undarfted wide receiver of all time!

    Has any team picked him up?
    Actually, we just said he was better than Billy McMullen.

    Nice try though.

    No some posters acted like we traded away Randy Moss for a second time when we traded an undrafted rookie that never played a regular season game for the vikes for a 4th year veteran wide receiver.
    We acted like it was an obviously bad trade, which it was.

    Of a receiver that isn't anything special should have been a week of I like that guy why did we trade him and I did like Baskett, but it's been 3 years and we still hear about him.

    People still bring up threads about him and not just because of his being released.
    That's because he is still putting up better numbers than Billy McMullen, and people like you are still denying it.
    [/quote]

    LMAO - Zing!

    The guys on NFL radio were even commenting how a player of Baskett's caliber stands no chance of clearing waivers.
    That somebody is definitely going to pick this kid up.


    Guess what Whack?
    They were right.
    He's no superstar but he's held his own in the situations presented to him and will only continue to expand on that as he matures as an NFL WR.

    It was a bad (not horrible) trade, plain and simple.
    Did it hurt the Vikings?
    Probably not, but the Eagles definitely got the better end of that deal.
    Time for you to admit you were wrong.
    [/quote]

    NO. It is not time. The crow eating is at least a year past due.[/quote]]



    What crow eating because we traded a undrafted rookie for a 4 year veteran receiver and the veteran reciever played for us and contributed and the undrafted rookie palyed for the other team and got cut and then picked up.

    That was why I wrote this because I don't care about him he was an average WR with some potential and I didn't like that we traded him but posters on here acted like we traded Randy Moss again and he was average at best.

    How could they have waived this superstar?
    The next hall of famer?
    The man that was by alot of posters on this site the greatest undarfted wide receiver of all time!
    But his supporters keep posting that we made a bad trade! NO we didn't because we needed experienced wide receivers on our team that year and we trade a rookie to get one.

    Baskett is average at best and puts no fear into opposing defenses so why after 4 years do people still want to say we made a bad deal because we didn't Baskett is nothing and never will be a starting wide receiver always will be a 4th, 5th or 6th receiver on a team that is it.

    How many posters wrote on here since the Cleveland game about us cutting Bobby Wade?
    Not many and he was more vaulable to this team than Baskett or McMullen ever were or ever would have been.

    So why shouldn't I eat crow because we traded a nothing receiver for another receiver and neither team got a good deal because they both sucked.

    If you don't like it to bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D




    [/quote]

    Sorry Whack, but no matter which way you slice it your still wrong.
    As irrelevant and minor as it was Baskett was the better WR then and still is today.


    Nobody acted like we traded away a superstar (as you put it)....nobody.
    We simply called like it was.
    We knew McMuffin was garbage and we knew that at the very least Baskett had 4th string potential.
    He made a few huge plays for the Eagles and that alone made the trade worth while for them.
    It was a bad trade - the Eagles got the better end of the deal, no matter which way you try to spin it.

    As far as Wade?
    You claim that not many wrote about Wade?
    Seriously?
    A lot of people wrote about Wade, go look at the thread...plus all the other threads where it was discussed.

    You just don't want to admit that the trade favored the Eagles, which s fine, it is mostly irrelevant, but if anybody is to eat crow it's the ones who supported the trade.
    [color=blue]It's hard to admit when your wrong isn't it?[/color
    ]
    [/quote]

    Apparently So. At least he is going down swinging.
    [/quote]

    Apparently it is because you two cann't do it!

    I was not wrong then and I am not wrong now!

    Baskett is a average receiver and it's been 3 years he has done nothing and will never do nothing except marry a good looking skank that slept with a 80 year old man to get into Playboy and on TV !!!
    Isn't that called a whore?

    Bobby Wade was cut Sept 10th the last post in that thread was Sept 14th

    -

    4 days for the leading receiver on our team for the last 2 years and he only get's 4 days.

    Hank Baskett an undrafted rookie gets 3 fing years!


    I say it's you Hank Baskett zelots that are wrong and can't admit the Viking's traded away a kid with some potential for a 4 year veteran and neither team got the better end of the stick because McMullen was needed more on this team at that time than Baskett was if you can't see that then it's just because you can't admitt you are wrong.
    [/quote]

    Baskett > McMullen

    You can talk about "how we needed McMullen" all you want, but the truth is that the deal did not pan out for us in any way, shape, or form. He was a nobody, and he did not contribute in any significant way. A rookie with potential would have been far more beneficial in the long term. You could even argue that keeping Baskett would have made drafting Sidney Rice unneccesary.

    I totally understand the theory behind the trade, just saying, it didn't work out for us. No need to be stubborn about it. Baskett has been a young, serviceable WR. McMullen is selling cars right now.

    Two player trades are pretty simple to analyze. Simply choose the player who has had more success. The answer is Baskett, without a doubt. Bad Trade. We didn't need a pathetic WR who added nothing to the team. We could have used some young potential much much more. In fact, replacing Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor, Robert Ferguson, and Billy McMullen with Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, Darius Reynaud, and Jaymar Johnson proves that.
    [/quote]


    Two player trades are pretty simple to analyze. Simply choose the player who has had more success
    Here is the comparison between the 2 of them for that year with almost identical stats.

    The difference is that McMullen had (noodle arm) Brad Johnson, T-Jack, Brooks Bollinger throwing to him and Baskett had McNabb throwing to him.

    So analyse that and then say which one had a better year in 2006!

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

    Lets see as the season goes who does better and how bad this trade was because according to a lot of posters on here we traded away a future hall of famer for a nobody, so lets see as the season goes Baskett's rise to NFL legend.

    Week 1
    Baskett:
    (Played)
    0 Receptions
    0 Yards
    0 TD's
    McMullen:
    1 reception
    22 yards (big play got a crucial 1st down on scoring drive)

    Week 2
    Baskett
    1 reception 25 yards 0 TD's (1st down, but drive stalled and Philly punted)
    McMullen
    1 reception 17 yards 0 TD's (1st down, but drive stalled and Vikes punted)

    Week 3
    Baskett
    1 reception 8 yards 0 TD's (2nd and 25 drive stalled on next play fumble)
    McMullen
    2 receptions
    21 yards 0 TD's (1 reception was for 20 yards and a 1st down, it was on the 4th quarter drive that ended in a field goal that gave us a 16 to 12 lead)

    Week 4
    Baskett:
    2 receptions 27 yards 0 TD's
    (1st was a 5 yarder on 3rd and 6 they punted next play, the second was a 22 yarder for a 1st down on
    a 2nd and 10 but the drive stalled end of 1st half and Philly fake field goal failed)
    McMullen: 1 reception 9 yards 0 TD's

    Baskett's best day so far.

    Week 5
    Baskett - 3 receptions, 112 yards, 1 TD
    (Baskett has break out day)
    McMullen - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TDs


    Week 6
    Baskett
    0 receptions
    0 yards
    0 TD's
    McMullen
    Bye week

    Baskett goes from having his best week as a pro, to having his worst week as a pro!
    He had 8 passes thrown his way Sunday and didn't come down with a reception, and he had 2 penalties called against him 1 for offensive holding (declined) and 1 for offensive pass interference that was accepted (-10 yards for the week but I didn't count it).

    Week 7
    Baskett

    2 receptions
    30 yards
    0 TD's
    (2 1st downs on his receptions)
    McMullen
    1 reception

    9 yards
    0 TD's
    (1 1st down on his lone reception)

    Week 8
    Baskett

    0 receptions
    0 yards
    0 TD's
    McMullen

    2 receptions
    15 yards
    0 TD's

    Week 9
    Baskett
    Bye week
    McMullen
    0 receptions
    0 yards

    0 TDs

    Week 10
    Baskett


    0 receptions

    0 yards

    0 TD's
    McMullen

    3 receptions

    64 yards
    1 TD
    (1 fumble recovery for a TD)

    Week 11
    Baskett


    1 receptions

    17 yards
    0 TD's
    McMullen

    0 receptions


    0 yards
    0 TD's

    Week 12
    Baskett


    2 receptions
    20 yards

    0 TD's (1 INT on flea-flicker, terrible pass) (1 penalty false start)
    McMullen

    2 receptions
    15 yards

    1 TD

    Totals:
    Thru
    week 12
    Baskett

    12 receptions
    239 yards
    1 TD
    McMullen
    13 receptions
    170 yards
    2 TD
    (1 fumble recovery for a TD)
    The battle is heating up it will be a race to the finish line.

    Week 13
    Baskett


    1 reception


    22 yards

    0 TD's
    McMullen

    3 receptions

    42 yards

    0 TD's

    Totals:
    Thru
    week 13
    Baskett

    13 receptions
    261 yards
    1 TD
    McMullen
    16 receptions
    212 yards
    2 TD
    (1 fumble recovery for a TD)

    Week 14
    Baskett


    0 receptions
    0 yards

    0 TD's
    McMullen

    1 reception
    13 yards

    0 TD's (penalty for false start 5 yards)

    Totals:
    Thru
    week 14
    Baskett

    13 receptions
    261 yards
    1 TD
    McMullen
    17 receptions
    225 yards
    2 TD
    (1 fumble recovery for a TD)[/b]


    Week 15
    Baskett

    2 receptions
    26 yards
    0 TD's
    (Holding -10 yards not counted against yards)
    McMullen
    2 recptions

    33 yards
    0 TD's











    1 rush





    5 rushing yards
    (lateral from Travis Taylor for 1st down)


    Totals:
    Thru
    week 15
    Baskett

    15 receptions
    287 yards
    1 TD
    McMullen
    19 receptions
    258 yards
    2 TD
    (1 fumble recovery for a TD)










    1 rush






    5 yards
    0 TD's

    2 weeks to go, will one of them step up and take the lead?

    Week 16
    Baskett



    0 receptions
    0 yards

    0 TD's
    McMullen


    0 receptions
    0 yards

    0 TD's

    Totals:
    Thru
    week 16
    Baskett

    15 receptions
    287 yards
    1 TD
    McMullen
    19 receptions
    258 yards
    2 TD
    (1 fumble recovery for a TD)








    1 rush






    5 yards
    0 TD's[/b]

    Week 17
    Baskett


    7 receptions

    177 yards
    1 TD
    McMullen

    4 receptions


    47 yards
    0 TD's



    Totals:
    Thru
    week 17
    Baskett

    22 receptions
    464 yards
    2 TD
    McMullen
    23 receptions
    305 yards
    2 TD
    (1 fumble recovery for a TD)








    1 rush






    5 yards
    0 TD's


    Remember McMullen had limp arm Brad Johnson, rookie T-Jack and Brooks Bollinger as throwing to him

    Baskett had McNabb throwing to him.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  5. #95
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    This thread makes me die a little inside everytime I see another post.

  6. #96
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,467

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    Speaking of bad trades, I met Herschel Walker this weekend (he's the one on the left):

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #97
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    LMAO Whack. Pathetic. Just Pathetic.

    EVERYONE who is for some reason still reading this thread needs to click this link:
    Baskett vs. McMullen watch

    - To summarize. Whack establishes that he is going to maintain this thread to prove he opinions on the trade. - - Look at the second post by Del Rio! "Make sure you maintain this for at least 3 years whack." Have you done this whack? NO, you only look at 2006 because the rest doesn't support your argument.
    - Furthermore, I request that "Baskett doesn't have to be a Fitzgerald type player for it to be a bad trade, he only has to outperform McMullen. I just want to establish that." and Whack agrees to this.

    This is all on the first page of that thread. So here we are, years later, and Whack has broken all promises, reverting back to his old BS. Let's take a look at the 3 year comparison:

    Baskett 2006: 5 Starts, 22 Catches, 464 Yards, 2 TDs
    McMullen 2006: 0 Starts, 23 Catches, 307 Yards, 3 TDs
    Baskett 2007: 0 Starts, 16 Catches, 142 Yards, 1 TD
    McMullen 2007: Released by Minnesota. Unsigned for the entire year
    Baskett 2008: 6 Starts, 33 Catches, 440 Yards, 3 TDs
    McMullen 2008: Signed by Seattle. He no longer is playing for the Vikes, meaning we no longer are gaining value from this trade, but I'll post his stats anyways to be fair: 2 Starts, 7 Catches, 124 Yards, 0 TD

    It is obvious who the better player is. McMullen is now with the Lions but has not dressed. He is exactly the journeyman WR I called him out to be, and he hasn't played in a regular season game since October of last year. Baskett was cut only because the Eagles were forced to bring in another QB, and he got snatched up by the Colts very quickly.

    If you want to argue about the need for a veteran presence over a rookie in 2006, that is ok even though I strongly disagree. However, please don't try to feed me this BS about who the better WR is.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #98
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    Both are shitty WRs

  9. #99
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "V4L" wrote:
    Both are shitty WRs
    Would you say Sidney Rice is a shitty WR?

    Baskett's numbers are pretty comparable to his over the last two years.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #100
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans

    "Webby" wrote:
    This thread makes me die a little inside everytime I see another post.
    Unless they post pictures of Kendra, then it's worth reading... well looking at.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hank Baskett to the Vikings
    By thenetstud in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 07:26 PM
  2. Eagles sign WR Hank Baskett to 1-year deal
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
  3. Baskett Fans
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 12:20 PM
  4. Hank Baskett
    By VikingPatrick in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 12:37 PM
  5. Vikings sign Hank Baskett WR, New Mexico
    By iluvbigtds in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 06:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •