Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hank Baskett

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Hank Baskett

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    he started. but it was preseason.

i also remember everyone was pissed we took williamson over mike williams. turns out mike williams was fined up to $400000 for being over weight and not showing up to practice.

i dont bash trades, drafts or offseason moves until we see the results.
    Not everyone.

There was a large portion of people who was totally against picking Mike Williams. I still wish we would have gone strong for DJ. Mike Williams has panned out just like many people figured he would.

The people high on him were the people who equate madden ranking to real football and who have chrome spinners hubcaps on thier Chevy Cavilere
    Well we got our weakside LB this year in the draft so there is no point in wishing we'd taken Johnson last year much like it is useless lamenting over Baskett, Moss, or Culpepper.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"happy camper" wrote:

i also remember everyone was pissed we took williamson over mike williams. turns out mike williams was fined up to $400000 for being over weight and not showing up to practice.

Really? I do... To me it's half the fun of being a fan in the offseason. Critique their every move!!! Which is funny if you think about it seeing as how these guys are paid millions and I essencially know nothing in regards to managing an NFL team, but hey...who's to stop me :lol:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I knew last night that somebody was going to start a thread about this and I was actually surprised that it took this long.

Baskett caught 1 pass for 7 yards against one of the worst defenses in the NFL last night Oakland finished 27th on defense last year and they got worse this off season not better.

Yes he did start for the eagles!

Yes it is preseason, and I wonder if he will be starting when the regular season rolls around, or how well he will do when he has to start playing against a real NFL secondary! I just think it is a testament to how bad the Eagles receiving core is and not how good Baskett is.

If he had remained with the Vikings he would have been the 6th receiver or a practice squad player, and he would have been lucky to see the field during the regular season besides on special teams.

Let's see how he is doing after 2 years in the NFL before people say this was a mistake by the Vikings.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:

Not everyone.

There was a large portion of people who was totally against picking Mike Williams. I still wish we would have gone strong for DJ. Mike Williams has panned out just like many people figured he would.

The people high on him were the people who equate madden ranking to real football and who have chrome spinners hubcaps on thier Chevy Cavilere
    Well we got our weakside LB this year in the draft so there is no point in wishing we'd taken Johnson last year much like it is useless lamenting over Baskett, Moss, or Culpepper.
    DJ = MLB for the Vikings in 2005. Not Weak Side. Even the Chiefs are thinking of making him MLB now.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:

Not everyone.

you're right.

i think its an example of how people that bitch have louder voices than people that praise.

i just remember the bitching more than the praising.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think it was a huge mistake.

We will never know though. Even if he succeeds with Philly it doesn't mean he would have done good here.

I still think we missed a golden opportunity, again that is because I have seen him up close and personal, but I feel it was a mistake.
    You're a defensive guy - what do you know about WRs except that they crumple nicely when a safety nails them over the middle?

:razz:

I'm with you, Del - dumb, dumb, dumb move to give up on a guy that quickly for a stiff who hasn't done anything in his pro career.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I think Baskett is overall a much better value than McMullen.

The Eagles chose to go with youth over experience in their WR corps, drafting two WRs and then trading to Baskett to go with a young Reggie Brown. I think we should have done the same, or at least not have let Baskett go. He is beating out a fourth round draft pick right now, and I think if they had tried to trade McMullen for a 2007 fourth round draft pick we would have laughed at them. Instead we end up trading a starter for a fifth receiver.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"V-Unit" wrote:

The Eagles chose to go with youth over experience in their WR corps, drafting two WRs and then trading to Baskett to go with a young Reggie Brown. I think we should have done the same, or at least not have let Baskett go. He is beating out a fourth round draft pick right now, and I think if they had tried to trade McMullen for a 2007 fourth round draft pick we would have laughed at them. Instead we end up trading a starter for a fifth receiver.

How is Baskett a starter for the Vikings?

He would have been lucky to make the team.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:

How is Baskett a starter for the Vikings?

He would have been lucky to make the team.
    I think he would have had a fighting chance. Especially when the Vikings wide receiving core is comprised of has beens, should have beens, and one promising second year WR.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

What I would like is for us to have a young prospect at the 5th spot.

Now we know that is it not going to be Baskett, so there is really no point in discussing him any more. I hope someone else make it, like this Jason Carter kid they are all positive about.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12