Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hank Baskett

VikingPatrick is offline Rookie

Hank Baskett

Did anyone notice besides me, that Hank Baskett was STATRING for the Eagles last night?
    It was also noted according to Al Michaels and John Madden that he is the "suprise" of camp!
    I also noticed him and McNabb joking on the sideline!
    Funny how we can just give up on a guy and not evaluate his full potential and trade him for a 3rd stringer just because he "knows the system"
    Seems to me I would rather have young potential than someone who will be buried on the depth chart or probably not even make the squad.
    I do hope this works out but I hate taking some one elses leftovers!!
    And thank god we dumped Dez White....another nothin!!
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Hank Baskett

I think its becuz we already have our possession body WR.(Travis Taylor) We made an exception for him, but from now on your WR's we aquire/draft will be more speed threats, guys who are good with the YAC.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Too late to worry about it now...besides, he is beating out the HORRIBLE Iggles receivers...he wouldn't have beat out our top four guys anyway!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

If he's beating out the eagles top WRs then he sure as hell wouldn't have had a problem beating out old Billy. I hated this trade from start and I still do. The only thing that is going to shut me up is some on-field performance by McMullen. I don't think that will ever happen. He is a proven nobody (even with a top tier QB). Why trade potential for nothingness?

Del Rio Guest

I think it was a huge mistake.

We will never know though. Even if he succeeds with Philly it doesn't mean he would have done good here.

I still think we missed a golden opportunity, again that is because I have seen him up close and personal, but I feel it was a mistake.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

he started. but it was preseason.

i also remember everyone was pissed we took williamson over mike williams. turns out mike williams was fined up to $400000 for being over weight and not showing up to practice.

i dont bash trades, drafts or offseason moves until we see the results.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

I also think it was a huge mistake letting him go. I saw him play as a Lobo here in New Mexico and when we picked him up after the draft I was elated. Oh well...nothing can be done about it now.
    Even babies know the difference.

Del Rio Guest

"happy camper" wrote:
    he started. but it was preseason.

i also remember everyone was pissed we took williamson over mike williams. turns out mike williams was fined up to $400000 for being over weight and not showing up to practice.

i dont bash trades, drafts or offseason moves until we see the results.
    Not everyone.

There was a large portion of people who was totally against picking Mike Williams. I still wish we would have gone strong for DJ. Mike Williams has panned out just like many people figured he would.

The people high on him were the people who equate madden ranking to real football and who have chrome spinners hubcaps on thier Chevy Cavilere

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

McMullin is a sure thing decent WR, while Baskett has potential but shouldnt be counted to contribute too much this year, unlike McMullin. I would have understood the trade if we really need recievers and McMullin would have been the 3rd WR or something. But the truth is we have great depth at WR. So, now we have a decent 5th WR with little potiential compared to a poor 5th but with good potiental.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

We are going to look stupid when we cut McMullen, and Baskett starts for the Eagles and start grabing TD's.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast