We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hall Of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "purple04" wrote:
    Send me your remarks..
    The only remark I will make is as thus:

The two idiots who voted No and the one sorta idiot who voted Undecided (to this point - 7:30am on Friday, 9/28) should never be allowed to watch, hear, smell, or touch a football ever again.

You're full of shit if you're talking the pro-football hall of fame. Plain & simple.

If you are, then you should never be allowed to watch, hear, smell, or touch a football ever again.

If you think he is a Pro bowl hall of famer, give me a link to the hall of fame site where his name is on the list.

Favre will be a future hall of famer, is hall of fame material, but the question states "is he a hall of famer?"

My definition of that term is that a hall of famer is someone who is already in the hall of fame or elected to it, which Brett is not.

But I'm sure you'll twist that into meaning in your opinion a hall of famer is someone who is bound for the hall of fame.

I choose to disagree with that.

Hall of Fame
    One entry found for Hall of Fame.

Main Entry: Hall of Fame
    1 : a structure housing memorials to famous or illustrious individuals usually chosen by a group of electors
    2 : a group of individuals in a particular category (as a sport) who have been selected as particularly illustrious
    - Hall of Fam·er
    And you're splitting nits and hairs when it's clear what the intention of the poster was.
    A newb posted a question without the correct nuance and you're popping out with dictionary definitions as if that justifies the giggles you gave yourself when you clicked that "No" button.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

he should be in there just for the simple fact that he is so good at blowing goats...
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "purple04" wrote:
    Send me your remarks..
    The only remark I will make is as thus:

The two idiots who voted No and the one sorta idiot who voted Undecided (to this point - 7:30am on Friday, 9/28) should never be allowed to watch, hear, smell, or touch a football ever again.

You're full of shit if you're talking the pro-football hall of fame. Plain & simple.

If you are, then you should never be allowed to watch, hear, smell, or touch a football ever again.

If you think he is a Pro bowl hall of famer, give me a link to the hall of fame site where his name is on the list.

Favre will be a future hall of famer, is hall of fame material, but the question states "is he a hall of famer?"

My definition of that term is that a hall of famer is someone who is already in the hall of fame or elected to it, which Brett is not.

But I'm sure you'll twist that into meaning in your opinion a hall of famer is someone who is bound for the hall of fame.

I choose to disagree with that.

Hall of Fame
    One entry found for Hall of Fame.

Main Entry: Hall of Fame
    1 : a structure housing memorials to famous or illustrious individuals usually chosen by a group of electors
    2 : a group of individuals in a particular category (as a sport) who have been selected as particularly illustrious
    - Hall of Fam·er
    And you're splitting nits and hairs when it's clear what the intention of the poster was.
    A newb posted a question without the correct nuance and you're popping out with dictionary definitions as if that justifies the giggles you gave yourself when you clicked that "No" button.

=Z=
    1. I did not hit the "NO" button.

2. I posted my reply to the question, just as the question was asked & backed it up with fact. Judging the intention of what the poster meant, is assuming that's what his intention was. I did not assume, like you did.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345