Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Hall of fame:2013

[size=13pt]Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2013 Could be the Greatest![/size]

This week we saw Michael Strahan and Jonathan Ogden retire … two men who will see their way into Canton, OH. One of the greatest offensive tackles and defensive ends in our time should both enter the Hall in 2013.

If’n that weren’t the only guys on that list.

Add in a certain guy by the name of Brett Favre (who now owns most of the quarterback records), Larry Allen and Warren Sapp … not to mention the possibility of Junior Seau … and and we could have one of the best classes in HoF history.

You also have to consider guys like Steve McNair, Bryant Young, Rod Smith also retired this year, wow that could be a amazing class to get into the Canton that year.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Hall of fame:2013

Voters are hesitant to make someone a first ballot hall of famer though.
    I think Fav-ra is a shoo in but on ESPN (either NFL live or PTI) they were talking about whether or not Strahan will make the cut and I think it they all agreed meh.
    They mentioned Chris Doleman as a guy who has more sacks but isn't in there yet.
    Of course he also doesn't have a ring. :'(

And the author of this article mentioned "Chris Carter" [sic] as another guy who got screwed by someone who has been waiting for awhile in Art Monk (and I think some people don't like Cris' attitude.)

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2013 Could be the Greatest![/size]

This week we saw Michael Strahan and Jonathan Ogden retire … two men who will see their way into Canton, OH. One of the greatest offensive tackles and defensive ends in our time should both enter the Hall in 2013.

If’n that weren’t the only guys on that list.

Add in a certain guy by the name of Brett Favre (who now owns most of the quarterback records), Larry Allen and Warren Sapp … not to mention the possibility of Junior Seau … and and we could have one of the best classes in HoF history.

You also have to consider guys like Steve McNair, Bryant Young, Rod Smith also retired this year, wow that could be a amazing class to get into the Canton that year.

I say Brett, Strahan, and Seau are all first timers.....and I can easily say Sapp won't make it the first time around.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Favre has to be
    first ballot, I think any football fan would be pissed if he was not. I know I would. Strahan I think will be as well. Maybe not as deserving but he has a much bigger name than alot of DE's. I have a feeling that they will do what they can to make it a huge class, since it will be the same class as Favre

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

there could be as many as 6 guys that deserve first ballot.
    Farve, Strahan, Ogden, Allen, Seau, Sapp.
    The first 5 are no brainers.

You also have to feel for those who will be trying to get in over the next four years. Guys like Jerome Bettis, Tiki Barber, Larry Centers, Marshall Faulk, Curtis Martin, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Shannon Sharpe, John Randle, Bruce Smith, Chris Carter, Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, Aeneas Williams and Brian Mitchell.
    And it will be nice to see guys that I actually got to see play and got to know on field rather than off field or from replays will be getting in.

Also, as it said at the end of the article, Cris Carter might be getting f-ed over like Monk because of all these guys in the generation that need to get in just as bad as he does.
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:

You also have to feel for those who will be trying to get in over the next four years. Guys like Jerome Bettis, Tiki Barber, Larry Centers, Marshall Faulk, Curtis Martin, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Shannon Sharpe, John Randle, Bruce Smith, Chris Carter, Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, Aeneas Williams and Brian Mitchell.
    And it will be nice to see guys that I actually got to see play and got to know on field rather than off field or from replays will be getting in.

Also, as it said at the end of the article, Cris Carter might be getting f-ed over like Monk because of all these guys in the generation that need to get in just as bad as he does.
    Very True CC deserves to be in. The only other player on that list that IMHO should be a first ballot is Rice. Bruce Smith and Emmit Smith should get in. The others are should be's or fringe players.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

Very True CC deserves to be in. The only other player on that list that IMHO should be a first ballot is Rice. Bruce Smith and Emmit Smith should get in. The others are should be's or fringe players.
    Deion Sanders will be there, he was the best cover corner in NFL history.
    Shannon Sharpe will be there, he was the most productive TE in NFL history.
    Marshall Faulk will be there, he was the best receiving RB in NFL history.

IMHO Tiki should have no chance, same with Bettis.
    I don't think Aeneas williams should either.

Randle and Sapp are both deserving but I wouldn't be surprised if they have to wait a little.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

Randle and Sapp are both deserving but I wouldn't be surprised if they have to wait a little.
    I don't think aneas will be in there either. Deion I think will wait a while as well. Good player , but his hyoe was much more. Bettis I see as a fringe player. It really depends on who is is going up against in the votes. But I would not be surprised if he does not get in.
    Randle and Sapp who I both think are very deserving I agree will probably wait a while

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

He should be in soon. Before I was a Vikings fan I was a Deion Sanders fan. I guy was exciting and fun to watch. I followed the Falcons and Dallas just because he was there. I had and still have so much merchandise of him. They guy was the best corner ever in the NFL. The only athelete to ever appear in the world series and Super Bowl speaks for itself. Not too much he is the fastest player to ever play in the NFL. Some may argue that Derek Stroud is faster but I disagree.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

if primetime doesn't get in first ballod i will be shocked. same with faulk and woodson. of the guys coming up soon, they need to be in for sure. and of coarse jerry rice, but that goes without saying to the best player ever
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast