Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 475
  1. #11
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: Halfway through the season, who is the MVP?

    Now ... I reserve the right to vote after next week after ALL players on on an even playing field ... but the media has been talking up Brees for years.

    Problem is ... he is STILL turnover prone (9 in 7 games I believe) and at some point that is going to hurt him.

    He also has a better overall offensive cast than Manning or Favre IMO. Colston, Henderson, Meachem, Moore and Shockey? Thomas, Bell and Bush? I personally think we have the best overall player in Peterson, but that list of names is very daunting.

    And as of now, I am leaning toward Manning, but as I said ... there is another week to go before all things are equal.

  2. #12
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Halfway through the season, who is the MVP?

    Wow Marrdro voted for Farve 5 times? )

  3. #13
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Halfway through the season, who is the MVP?

    I think 1/2 way through it has to be Favre and here is exactly why.

    Prior to this season Favre was a gunslinger who threw tons of TDs but also threw a ton of INTS.
    The Vikings needed a capable QB who could also take care of the ball.
    While that was not in Favre's nature, he has modified his game and guiding the vikes passing game to heights not seen in recent memory.
    He made the best play of the season with a miracle pass that won a game and he saved us from losing the baltimore one.
    Teams have been locking down on AD liked never before and yet because of Favre we are producing greater number on O.
    Favre was willing to adjust his game (the gunslinger habit he had for all previous seasons) and is truly the MVP this season so far.
    He even accomplished his mission of beating the packers (2 great division wins).

    Favre is putting similar numbers to Peyton and Brees despite this being his 1st year in purple and he has plenty of more years on him.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Halfway through the season, who is the MVP?

    "molineviking" wrote:

    All three are up there, Ok so I'm a little biased, Favre is 40, and although Rice and Berrian are above average, They aren't Wayne, or Colston.
    And Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie aren't Percy Harvin and Bernard Berrian, either.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Halfway through the season, who is the MVP?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:

    All three are up there, Ok so I'm a little biased, Favre is 40, and although Rice and Berrian are above average, They aren't Wayne, or Colston.
    And Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie aren't Percy Harvin and Bernard Berrian, either.

    =Z=
    Hell yea we run 3 deep...hmmm where did we hear that before.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  6. #16
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Halfway through the season, who is the MVP?

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    I think 1/2 way through it has to be Favre and here is exactly why.

    Prior to this season Favre was a gunslinger who threw tons of TDs but also threw a ton of INTS.
    The Vikings needed a capable QB who could also take care of the ball.
    While that was not in Favre's nature, he has modified his game and guiding the vikes passing game to heights not seen in recent memory.
    He made the best play of the season with a miracle pass that won a game and he saved us from losing the baltimore one.
    Teams have been locking down on AD liked never before and yet because of Favre we are producing greater number on O.
    Favre was willing to adjust his game (the gunslinger habit he had for all previous seasons) and is truly the MVP this season so far.
    He even accomplished his mission of beating the packers (2 great division wins).

    Favre is putting similar numbers to Peyton and Brees despite this being his 1st year in purple and he has plenty of more years on him.
    I voted for Favre, for all the reasons you cited.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

  7. #17
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Halfway through the season, who is the MVP?

    As much as I want to vote Favre, and he very much so deserves to be mentioned I give the slight edge to Manning.

  8. #18
    molineviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    506

    Re: Halfway through the season, who is the MVP?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:

    All three are up there, Ok so I'm a little biased, Favre is 40, and although Rice and Berrian are above average, They aren't Wayne, or Colston.
    And Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie aren't Percy Harvin and Bernard Berrian, either.

    =Z=

    Well mentioning that wouldn't of helped the argument for Favre
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

  9. #19
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Halfway through the season, who is the MVP?

    I am going with Favre, because he has elevated team play over last year.

    The Saints and Colts, along with Manning and Brees, were both solid teams last year.

    However, when I think MVP, I tend to think what player could his team be without and suffer the least.

    All 3 QB's figure into that equation.
    I think you take any of them away, and their team will suffer greatly.

    So, with a bit of waffling, I am going to stick with Favre for now.

  10. #20
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Halfway through the season, who is the MVP?

    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I am going with Favre, because he has elevated team play over last year.

    The Saints and Colts, along with Manning and Brees, were both solid teams last year.
    Last year, the Vikings were 10-6 and won the division.
    The Saints were 8-8 and missed the playoffs.
    By your reasoning, it has to be Brees.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. college football almost halfway done
    By idahovikefan7 in forum College Ball
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 02:23 AM
  2. Think about the season! And rate it totally through the whole season
    By purplepowered in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 06:19 PM
  3. Giving half the story at the NFL's halfway point
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 10:47 AM
  4. The Final Word Power Poll - Halfway through Pre-Season Edition
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 08:38 AM
  5. Halfway out the Vikings' door
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 03:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •