Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Gus Frerotte says Chris Chambers = Randy Moss

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Haha, this is hilarious. We go on and on about how Culpepper made Moss just as much as Moss made Culpepper. We tell ourselves that Moss won't be as productive with Collins throwing him the ball instead of Culpepper.

If you say, "Travis Taylor only struggled in Baltimore because he had horrible QBs throwing him the ball." How can you argue that Chambers,who has had great seasons even though he has no-name QBs throwing him the ball, is nowhere near Moss-like?

Maybe Chambers really can be as good as Moss. Maybe he has just never had a QB of Culpepper's caliber. If the Vikings had brought Chambers in as a replacement for Moss there would be no doubt in my mind that Chambers would have Moss-like numbers. Gus isn't crazy, he just sees potential. He sees the chance for a great player to be even greater if put in the right situation.

I agree 100%. If chambers was here in our system with daunte, no doubt in my mind he would put up 1300-1500 yards and 12+ TD's. He has great talent and is comparable to moss in a way. Now, it may sound ridiculous to compare the 2, because of what each have done over their careers, but talent wise, I would say chambers is comparable. Not saying he has moss' talent, but he is at least comparable and a hell of a receiver in a horrible offense with a horrible QB. But until Miami gets a good QB, chambers will be underrated and never reach his potential.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Gus is a good QB :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Just because you can put up "Moss like numbers" doesnt mean you are comparable to Randy Moss.

How many times has Randy Moss lead the league in recieveing yards? - 0

How many times has Randy Moss lead the league in receptions? 0

Quite a few reciever can put up "Moss like numbers" no one compares to Moss though.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    I hope Chambers is as good as Moss, then I wont look so silly for trading TO for Chambers

(I couldnt stand the thought of rooting for T.O. all year, so I had to trade him.)
    I still can't believe you did that...
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Talk is cheap. I don't get worked up a whole bunch about player trash talk. (unless it's about the Vikings of course :wink: :lol: )

biggame is offline Waterboy

I would take Chambers over Moss if I was putting a team together. I will do everything and not quit on plays over somebody who can occasionally run down field and out jump the DB, although Chambers can do that as well. Most people don't realize the damage a player like Moss does to a team. He will likely be fine this season with the Raiders, and then it's all down hill.

You have to remember also that Chambers has never even been on a decent offensive team.
    "Back in 82, if coach would have put me in, we would have taken state..... No doubt.... No doubt in my mind."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123