Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Gus Bradley thinks Jaguars may have found a gem in WR Stephen Burton

Jacksonville.com: Receivers with Stephen Burton's athleticism are rarely available on the waiver wire – especially receivers that are 23. However, the Jaguars were able to add the 6-foot-1, 217-pound Burton to their roster on Sunday. He was one of seven additions the team made off waivers that day. After seeing Burton in practice on Monday, Jaguars coach Gus Bradley clearly liked what he saw.
    Gus Bradley thinks Jaguars may have found a gem in WR Stephen Burton | jacksonville.com

SB*NATION: Jaguars claim Stephen Burton on waivers The Jacksonville Jaguars have continued scouring the waiver wire to add players to the backend of their roster, this time picking up wide receiver Stephen Burton off waivers.

Burton, 23, was originally drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the seventh-round of the 2011 NFL Draft. At 6'1 and 221 pounds he clocked a 4.38 40-yard dash.
    Jaguars claim Stephen Burton on waivers - Big Cat Country

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Isn't this the same franchise that drafted a Matt Jones a QB in the first round to convert him to a receiver, who does that with a high pick.....hey wait wonder what they'd trade for Webb

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Isn't this the same franchise that drafted a Matt Jones a QB in the first round to convert him to a receiver, who does that with a high pick.....hey wait wonder what they'd trade for Webb
    We know that Stephen Burton had a very good camp for the Vikings. He has been catching deep passes in practice and ran good routes in games. He did short a pattern, but he recovered the rest of preseason. I do not know if he is ready to unseat other receivers the Vikings have, but he is no Troy Williamson or Matt Jones.

The Jags did well to pick him up. Of course, now I hope he busts.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    We know that Stephen Burton had a very good camp for the Vikings. He has been catching deep passes in practice and ran good routes in games. He did short a pattern, but he recovered the rest of preseason. I do not know if he is ready to unseat other receivers the Vikings have, but he is no Troy Williamson or Matt Jones.

The Jags did well to pick him up. Of course, now I hope he busts.
    I was just thinking the Vikes could broker a deal with the Jags taking Webb since they've done the QB to WR and did it using a first round pick....thought may be the Jags would give up a couple of lower picks for Webb cause we can't always rely on the Seahawks sending over picks

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    In their defense, Matt was seen as a top 15 pick by almost everyone.
    everyone knew about his conversion to WR and his athletic ability... shone...
    I think he was 6'5 - 4.3 fourty, 40 inch vert and showed a natural catching ability. The issue was coke! He loved coke!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    In their defense, Matt was seen as a top 15 pick by almost everyone.
    everyone knew about his conversion to WR and his athletic ability... shone...
    I think he was 6'5 - 4.3 fourty, 40 inch vert and showed a natural catching ability. The issue was coke! He loved coke!
    Dude loved coke more than Max Headroom.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.