Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Gumball or Kornholio?????

I've been watching the game on NFL network tonight.
    Bryant Gumble makes me sleepy and sounds like a muppet and Kornheiser makes we want to change the channel.
    I can't decide who's worse.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Gumball or Kornholio?????

Gumble is horrible.
    I would take Kornhole every day.

In fact the entire NFL Network broadcast sucks.
    They keep switching between standard def and high def, the broad cast is choppy.
    Gumble is an idiot, early in the game he said that a runner was fighting toward a first down, and he was really only making it back to the line of scrimmage.
    Later when Denver was 1st and goal from the 1, both Gumble and Cris were saying it was fourth down.

Seriously bad and amateurish.
    If NFL Network is serious about landing more customers, they need to do a lot better than this.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

They keep turning on and the virtual first down and line of scrimmage lines

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think Gumbel sucks...he's an awful play by play announcer. He doesn't EVER use complete sentences. It's always "Plummer. Middle. Complete. Walker. First Down." I mean, that's ok once in a while, but how about "Plummer drops back, throws over the middle...complete to Walker for the first down!" Sheesh...

Besides, the only good thing Gumbel ever did was Gumbel 2 Gumbel.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    I think Gumbel sucks...he's an awful play by play announcer. He doesn't EVER use complete sentences. It's always "Plummer. Middle. Complete. Walker. First Down." I mean, that's ok once in a while, but how about "Plummer drops back, throws over the middle...complete to Walker for the first down!" Sheesh...

Besides, the only good thing Gumbel ever did was Gumbel 2 Gumbel.
    ;D ;D Funny stuff, Gumbel 2 Gumbel.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Gumble is horrible.
    I would take Kornhole every day.In fact the entire NFL Network broadcast sucks.
    They keep switching between standard def and high def, the broad cast is choppy.
    Gumble is an idiot, early in the game he said that a runner was fighting toward a first down, and he was really only making it back to the line of scrimmage.
    Later when Denver was 1st and goal from the 1, both Gumble and Cris were saying it was fourth down.

Seriously bad and amateurish.
    If NFL Network is serious about landing more customers, they need to do a lot better than this.

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"countrygirl" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    ... I would take Kornhole every day...
    ;D, CG is on a roll today, the tryptophan hangover.
    Nodak, it's nice that you shared that with us, but it may be too much information for the holiday weekend.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"WVV" wrote:
    I've been watching the game on NFL network tonight.
    Bryant Gumble makes me sleepy and sounds like a muppet and Kornheiser makes we want to change the channel.
    I can't decide who's worse.
    Yeah, they both suck.

I've always been turned off by Bryant Gumble. He seems to have a pretentious air of self importance about him that really rubs me the wrong way. And for Kornheiser, the guy is funny sometimes, but he really doesn't belong in the MNF booth. If I had to pick from the two of them though, it would have to be Kornholio. Gumball just seems like a prick and after hearing him calling the game last night, I haven't gained any love for the guy. He belongs hawking books to housewives on Good Morning America more than he belongs calling plays for the NFL. I like his brother Greg a lot more. He seems to fit the whole NFL broadcaster role better IMO.
    Even babies know the difference.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Gumble was HORRIBLE again tonight.

I can't stand listening to the guy, and he seems to make a lot of mistakes for an announcer.

It's a shame, because I like Collinsworth.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

He is so boring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast