Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

"singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

You forgot to mention the defense. I think there is a good chance that this years defense will be better than the bears(especially if lance briggs holds out like he says he will). That means we have half an offense(running game) and a full defense. So in my estimation they are 3/4 of the way to being a superbowl contender. (special teams doesn't really count)
    [size=13pt]BULLSHIT![/size]

Special teams is a very big part of a successful team. It means the difference between starting at your own 20 or worse as compared to running one back for a TD or at least great field position.

Special teams dictates whether your opponents start deep in their own territory or at the 50.

Special teams block punts & FG's.

How can you sit there & say special teams doesn't matter when field position is a huge part of the game?
    I was only kidding. If you add in special teams I would say the vikings don't have superbowl quality kicker or punter. They both have weak legs so the vikings are actually 3/5 of the way to a super bowl.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jmcdon00" wrote:

I was only kidding. If you add in special teams I would say the vikings don't have superbowl quality kicker or punter. They both have weak legs so the vikings are actually 3/5 of the way to a super bowl.
    Since when does Kluwe have a weak leg?
    :-

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Bears- 9-7
    Packers- 7-9
    Vikings- 7-9
    Lions- 5-11

I think the division comes down right to the end but the bears pull away from the vikes and the pack. I think the packers took a step back losing ahman green and I'm not sure the vikings will finish worse than last year based on their current roster. I'd like to keep a watch on TC to see how everything goes and then decide who will win. I like our chances in the weak division but then i remember just how weak we are.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

You forgot to mention the defense. I think there is a good chance that this years defense will be better than the bears(especially if lance briggs holds out like he says he will). That means we have half an offense(running game) and a full defense. So in my estimation they are 3/4 of the way to being a superbowl contender. (special teams doesn't really count)
    [size=13pt]kaka del rio![/size]

Special teams is a very big part of a successful team. It means the difference between starting at your own 20 or worse as compared to running one back for a TD or at least great field position.

Special teams dictates whether your opponents start deep in their own territory or at the 50.

How can you sit there & say special teams doesn't matter when field position is a huge part of the game?
    Wow when you pounce you pounce. Truth. Special teams players normally are guy not good enough to start on offense or defense. Rarely do they unless they're like a number 3 DB or something. Sometimes they make a stand and later become on offense or defense like Terrell Davis making his mark to become a starter on defense) Otherwise you'd see Urlacher crack someone on the 16 yard line on a kickoff or Ray Lewis forcing a fumble on a punt returner or DeAngelo Williams taking a punt back for 6. Sounds like someone played special teams when they were younger
    hehe Kidding. Its not a big deal. It does determine the feild position but Ive never heard.
    "Special Teams wins championships" and kickers and punters aren't real football players. Ask Steve Carol or most coaches and or players. I think I heard during one of our games Kluwe is ranked one of the worst punters in the league (anyone can you voge for that. If not it may be wrong. I just thought I heard that in like week 14 or something that he's ranked really low.) He does have a good enough leg though and Longwell did great for me in fantasy football because Minnesota had the second to worst red zone offense.

PS Can we please get back to predictions and stop talking about special teams. Either that or change the name of the thread
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

[size=13pt]kaka del rio![/size]

Wow when you pounce you pounce. Truth. Special teams players normally are guy not good enough to start on offense or defense. Rarely do they unless they're like a number 3 DB or something. Sometimes they make a stand and later become on offense or defense like Terrell Davis making his mark to become a starter on defense) Otherwise you'd see Urlacher crack someone on the 16 yard line on a kickoff or Ray Lewis forcing a fumble on a punt returner or DeAngelo Williams taking a punt back for 6. Sounds like someone played special teams when they were younger
    hehe Kidding. Its not a big deal. It does determine the feild position but Ive never heard.
    "Special Teams wins championships" and kickers and punters aren't real football players. Ask Steve Carol or most coaches and or players. I think I heard during one of our games Kluwe is ranked one of the worst punters in the league (anyone can you voge for that. If not it may be wrong. I just thought I heard that in like week 14 or something that he's ranked really low.) He does have a good enough leg though and Longwell did great for me in fantasy football because Minnesota had the second to worst red zone offense.

PS Can we please get back to predictions and stop talking about special teams. Either that or change the name of the thread
    Bud Grant will be the first one to tell you that you need to have veteran starters who also play on special teams.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Bears- 9-7
    Packers- 7-9
    Vikings- 7-9
    Lions- 5-11

I think the division comes down right to the end but the bears pull away from the vikes and the pack. I think the packers took a step back losing ahman green and I'm not sure the vikings will finish worse than last year based on their current roster. I'd like to keep a watch on TC to see how everything goes and then decide who will win. I like our chances in the weak division but then i remember just how weak we are.
    Hey, I think you left your purple shades in the locker room.

Your predictions seem too realistic for a homer.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Bears- 9-7
    Packers- 7-9
    Vikings- 7-9
    Lions- 5-11

Hey, I think you left your purple shades in the locker room.

Your predictions seem too realistic for a homer.
    My purple shades are pretty much long gone. I hope they prove me wrong but until any indication that they will prove me wrong, i'm sticking by my realistic rankings.
    ;D

Although, judging by my "we'll make the playoffs easily in our crappy division" from last year and my "With daunte at QB and Michael Bennett finally getting his act together, the super bowl is all we can expect" from two years ago, i'm probably very wrong.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

michael bennet = league MVP!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Vikings - 10-6
    Bears 10-6 (Except we get the division title.)
    Lions 8-8
    Packers 7-9 (Every year we all say like 4, but they always hang around.)

If u ask me it is very questionable how we will do. First our running game will be amazing and if williamson can catch our offense is almost set and if tj produces then we will have one of the best offenses in the league. The D wlll be really good on the pass and definately the run so we could do decent if all falls into place. The bears have a horrible qb and they lost two important guys not to mention they completly suck on the road. the pack lost ahman green and william henderson. so they are screwed plus if our pass d does well Driver and Jennings are going nowhere and Vernand morency sucks. The lions.... well u all know about the lions lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast