Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

I see Bears not doing nearly as good losing stuff on defense that without they might have lost to us twice. Didnt they have as many or more TDs on Defense as on offense against us?
    So we stop Cedric Benson and they lost Thomas Jones to make our chances that much more successful and Rex looks that much more worse. And that defense wont score as much on us. I like our chances against Chicago. I think we split with them. Win at home

Vikings-10-6

win against-

1-2Lions,Lions, (Lions nuff said. I think their 10+ wins will have to deal with 2 losses from us)

3-4Packers, Packers, (A rookie 2nd round isnt nearly a fearful back. I say we stop him. Favre is one year older, one year worst. I can see two wins)

5Chicago, (look above)

6 Oakland, (its oakland)

7Kansas City, [I like our chances against them as well. They will completely rely on Larry Johnson whos without Will shield s i might add especially with Trent Green gone and after Indy stopped him to 32 yards (unfortunately I had him fantasy football for the playoffs that game. I thought he'd kill after JAX walked all over them Showed me) We stop Johnson and we could win.]

8Atlanta Vicks basically a runningback and our defense stops the run. So lets do what we do best. Stop the run and he has no receivers anyways. Joe Horn wont help him enough to stop us. Great way to start the season)

9Washington They aint very good. We can do it. With a qb like Jason Cambell we should kill.

10San Francisco Tough one here. Vernon Davis second year. Alex Smith big year and the addtion of darrel Jackson plus you cant forget Frank Gore. But if we dont win here we will win one of the Eagles, Cowboys, or Giants games. So 10 will come from one of these and that why I see 10-6. I love the gane against the Eagles. I cant wait. And I already got the name for it. Philly vs. Chilly. They're almost the same team so I cant wait. So one of those four teams will fall by our hands if not more. I cant see us beating Denver, San Diego is crap without Tomlinson so if we stop the run its not a completely lost cause.

Bears-8-8 (maybe 9-7)
    Lose against-

Minnesota

San Diego

Kansas City

Philadelphia

Seattle

Dallas

New York

Possibly Green Bay

Green Bay 7-9 (possibly 8-8)
    Schedule looks really tough. The first 5 look like losses (Philly, @NYG, San Diego, in the Dome, and Chicago) Looks like 1-5 going into the bye beating Washington.
    Lose Against-

Minnesota

Minnesota

San Diego

St. Louis ( i want to see this one)

Philadephia

Carolina (good one but I see Carolina doing good this year)

Kansas City

Denver (I think Denver will be really good this year as well)

Chicago

New York Giants

Possibly Chicago
    I see them beating maybe one or two of the teams listed but thats what I see.

Detroit Lions 6-10
    Win against

Denver ( Isee a shoot out that Detroit can win)

Dallas (they beat them last year right)

Arizona(Maybe another shoot out)

Tampa Bay (Its Tampa. Mediocre defense vs. great offense)

Oakland (Good season opener for them. Good defense but against great Lions offense I see a win here)

Washington-(its washington)

Doesnt look like 10+ wins. more like 10+ losses.

Final NFC North result prediction

Viking- 10-6

Chicago- 9-7

Green Bay- 7-9

Detroit- 6-10

What do you think?
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    I see Bears not doing nearly as good losing stuff on defense that without they might have lost to us twice. Didnt they have as many or more TDs on Defense as on offense against us?
    So we stop Cedric Benson and they lost Thomas Jones to make our chances that much more successful and Rex looks that much more worse. And that defense wont score as much on us. I like our chances against Chicago. I think we split with them. Win at home

Vikings-10-6

win against-

1-2Lions,Lions, (Lions nuff said. I think their 10+ wins will have to deal with 2 losses from us)

3-4Packers, Packers, (A rookie 2nd round isnt nearly a fearful back. I say we stop him. Favre is one year older, one year worst. I can see two wins)

5Chicago, (look above)

6 Oakland, (its oakland)

7Kansas City, [I like our chances against them as well. They will completely rely on Larry Johnson whos without Will shield s i might add especially with Trent Green gone and after Indy stopped him to 32 yards (unfortunately I had him fantasy football for the playoffs that game. I thought he'd kill after JAX walked all over them Showed me) We stop Johnson and we could win.]

8Atlanta Vicks basically a runningback and our defense stops the run. So lets do what we do best. Stop the run and he has no receivers anyways. Joe Horn wont help him enough to stop us. Great way to start the season)

9Washington They aint very good. We can do it. With a qb like Jason Cambell we should kill.

10San Francisco Tough one here. Vernon Davis second year. Alex Smith big year and the addtion of darrel Jackson plus you cant forget Frank Gore. But if we dont win here we will win one of the Eagles, Cowboys, or Giants games. So 10 will come from one of these and that why I see 10-6. I love the gane against the Eagles. I cant wait. And I already got the name for it. Philly vs. Chilly. They're almost the same team so I cant wait. So one of those four teams will fall by our hands if not more. I cant see us beating Denver, San Diego is crap without Tomlinson so if we stop the run its not a completely lost cause.

Bears-8-8 (maybe 9-7)
    Lose against-

Minnesota

San Diego

Kansas City

Philadelphia

Seattle

Dallas

New York

Possibly Green Bay

Green Bay 7-9 (possibly 8-8)
    Schedule looks really tough. The first 5 look like losses (Philly, @NYG, San Diego, in the Dome, and Chicago) Looks like 1-5 going into the bye beating Washington.
    Lose Against-

Minnesota

Minnesota

San Diego

St. Louis ( i want to see this one)

Philadephia

Carolina (good one but I see Carolina doing good this year)

Kansas City

Denver (I think Denver will be really good this year as well)

Chicago

New York Giants

Possibly Chicago
    I see them beating maybe one or two of the teams listed but thats what I see.

Detroit Lions 6-10
    Win against

Denver ( Isee a shoot out that Detroit can win)

Dallas (they beat them last year right)

Arizona(Maybe another shoot out)

Tampa Bay (Its Tampa. Mediocre defense vs. great offense)

Oakland (Good season opener for them. Good defense but against great Lions offense I see a win here)

Washington-(its washington)

Doesnt look like 10+ wins. more like 10+ losses.

Final NFC North result prediction

Viking- 10-6

Chicago- 9-7

Green Bay- 7-9

Detroit- 6-10

What do you think?
    not bad, the teams you said we are gonna win against I thought the same thing

scumpuke is offline Rookie

Yeah, i'm sorry all you bears lovers but i can't see da bores getting very far this year. i also see packers looking pretty weak.

the problem though is all of the question marks hanging over the Vikes. AP and Chester Tayler seem like the only sure thing anyone can talk about offensively right now. if TJ steps up and our receivers can get something goin' on then i forsee a heavy Viking team. otherwise it doesn't feel great.

but could the lions do something big this year??
    Partyin' Purple Style!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"scumpuke" wrote:
    Yeah, i'm sorry all you bears lovers but i can't see da bores getting very far this year. i also see packers looking pretty weak.

the problem though is all of the question marks hanging over the Vikes. AP and Chester Tayler seem like the only sure thing anyone can talk about offensively right now. if TJ steps up and our receivers can get something goin' on then i forsee a heavy Viking team. otherwise it doesn't feel great.

You forgot to mention the defense. I think there is a good chance that this years defense will be better than the bears(especially if lance briggs holds out like he says he will). That means we have half an offense(running game) and a full defense. So in my estimation they are 3/4 of the way to being a superbowl contender.(special teams doesn't really count)

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"so-cal" wrote:
    Vikings 11-5

Bears 10-6

Lions 7-9

Slackers 4-12

(Bears 11-5, Vikings 10-6)
    I'm on the fence with this one.
    Vikings 11-5

Bears

9-7

Packers
    7-9

Lions

6-10

The Vikes clinch the division at home against the Bears on Dec 17th.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

I think the Vikes will finish with 9 or 10 wins. There will be a couple of games that could be real close.

Bears will have 9 or 10 wins

Packers will have 7 or 8 wins

The Lions will have 6 or 7 wins

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I refuse to make pre-season predictions from now on.

If I do, remind me that I said this and make me feel like an asshole.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "scumpuke" wrote:

You forgot to mention the defense. I think there is a good chance that this years defense will be better than the bears(especially if lance briggs holds out like he says he will). That means we have half an offense(running game) and a full defense. So in my estimation they are 3/4 of the way to being a superbowl contender.(special teams doesn't really count)
    Tell that to the Bears and Hester.

While it may be the least important, it can still play a huge part in the success of a team.
    Even more so with two evenly matched teams.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Bears 10-6

Packers 9-7

Vikings 8-8 (better if 1). Tarvaris improves with experience, 2). EJ can do it at MLB and 3). Erasmus can come back healthy at DE).
    If those three things happen and we stay healthy as a team the Vikes could be 11-5, or better.

Lions 7-9 or 6-10

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jmcdon00" wrote:

You forgot to mention the defense. I think there is a good chance that this years defense will be better than the bears(especially if lance briggs holds out like he says he will). That means we have half an offense(running game) and a full defense. So in my estimation they are 3/4 of the way to being a superbowl contender. (special teams doesn't really count)
    [size=13pt]BULLSHIT![/size]

Special teams is a very big part of a successful team. It means the difference between starting at your own 20 or worse as compared to running one back for a TD or at least great field position.

Special teams dictates whether your opponents start deep in their own territory or at the 50.

Special teams block punts & FG's.

How can you sit there & say special teams doesn't matter when field position is a huge part of the game?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast