Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    652

    Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

    I see Bears not doing nearly as good losing stuff on defense that without they might have lost to us twice. Didnt they have as many or more TDs on Defense as on offense against us?
    So we stop Cedric Benson and they lost Thomas Jones to make our chances that much more successful and Rex looks that much more worse. And that defense wont score as much on us. I like our chances against Chicago. I think we split with them. Win at home

    Vikings-10-6






    win against-





    1-2Lions,Lions, (Lions nuff said. I think their 10+ wins will have to deal with 2 losses from us)





    3-4Packers, Packers, (A rookie 2nd round isnt nearly a fearful back. I say we stop him. Favre is one year older, one year worst. I can see two wins)





    5Chicago, (look above)





    6 Oakland, (its oakland)





    7Kansas City, [I like our chances against them as well. They will completely rely on Larry Johnson whos without Will shield s i might add especially with Trent Green gone and after Indy stopped him to 32 yards (unfortunately I had him fantasy football for the playoffs that game. I thought he'd kill after JAX walked all over them Showed me) We stop Johnson and we could win.]





    8Atlanta Vicks basically a runningback and our defense stops the run. So lets do what we do best. Stop the run and he has no receivers anyways. Joe Horn wont help him enough to stop us. Great way to start the season)





    9Washington They aint very good. We can do it. With a qb like Jason Cambell we should kill.





    10San Francisco Tough one here. Vernon Davis second year. Alex Smith big year and the addtion of darrel Jackson plus you cant forget Frank Gore. But if we dont win here we will win one of the Eagles, Cowboys, or Giants games. So 10 will come from one of these and that why I see 10-6. I love the gane against the Eagles. I cant wait. And I already got the name for it. Philly vs. Chilly. They're almost the same team so I cant wait. So one of those four teams will fall by our hands if not more. I cant see us beating Denver, San Diego is crap without Tomlinson so if we stop the run its not a completely lost cause.

    Bears-8-8 (maybe 9-7)
    Lose against-






    Minnesota






    San Diego






    Kansas City






    Philadelphia






    Seattle






    Dallas






    New York






    Possibly Green Bay

    Green Bay 7-9 (possibly 8-8)
    Schedule looks really tough. The first 5 look like losses (Philly, @NYG, San Diego, in the Dome, and Chicago) Looks like 1-5 going into the bye beating Washington.
    Lose Against-






    Minnesota






    Minnesota






    San Diego






    St. Louis ( i want to see this one)






    Philadephia






    Carolina (good one but I see Carolina doing good this year)






    Kansas City






    Denver (I think Denver will be really good this year as well)






    Chicago












    New York Giants






    Possibly Chicago
    I see them beating maybe one or two of the teams listed but thats what I see.

    Detroit Lions 6-10
    Win against






    Denver ( Isee a shoot out that Detroit can win)






    Dallas (they beat them last year right)






    Arizona(Maybe another shoot out)






    Tampa Bay (Its Tampa. Mediocre defense vs. great offense)






    Oakland (Good season opener for them. Good defense but against great Lions offense I see a win here)






    Washington-(its washington)







    Doesnt look like 10+ wins. more like 10+ losses.


    Final NFC North result prediction

    Viking- 10-6

    Chicago- 9-7

    Green Bay- 7-9

    Detroit- 6-10

    What do you think?
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

    R.I.P. Sean Taylor

  2. #12
    duvaldomo's Avatar
    duvaldomo is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    903

    Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    I see Bears not doing nearly as good losing stuff on defense that without they might have lost to us twice. Didnt they have as many or more TDs on Defense as on offense against us?
    So we stop Cedric Benson and they lost Thomas Jones to make our chances that much more successful and Rex looks that much more worse. And that defense wont score as much on us. I like our chances against Chicago. I think we split with them. Win at home

    Vikings-10-6







    win against-






    1-2Lions,Lions, (Lions nuff said. I think their 10+ wins will have to deal with 2 losses from us)






    3-4Packers, Packers, (A rookie 2nd round isnt nearly a fearful back. I say we stop him. Favre is one year older, one year worst. I can see two wins)






    5Chicago, (look above)






    6 Oakland, (its oakland)






    7Kansas City, [I like our chances against them as well. They will completely rely on Larry Johnson whos without Will shield s i might add especially with Trent Green gone and after Indy stopped him to 32 yards (unfortunately I had him fantasy football for the playoffs that game. I thought he'd kill after JAX walked all over them Showed me) We stop Johnson and we could win.]






    8Atlanta Vicks basically a runningback and our defense stops the run. So lets do what we do best. Stop the run and he has no receivers anyways. Joe Horn wont help him enough to stop us. Great way to start the season)






    9Washington They aint very good. We can do it. With a qb like Jason Cambell we should kill.






    10San Francisco Tough one here. Vernon Davis second year. Alex Smith big year and the addtion of darrel Jackson plus you cant forget Frank Gore. But if we dont win here we will win one of the Eagles, Cowboys, or Giants games. So 10 will come from one of these and that why I see 10-6. I love the gane against the Eagles. I cant wait. And I already got the name for it. Philly vs. Chilly. They're almost the same team so I cant wait. So one of those four teams will fall by our hands if not more. I cant see us beating Denver, San Diego is crap without Tomlinson so if we stop the run its not a completely lost cause.

    Bears-8-8 (maybe 9-7)
    Lose against-






    Minnesota






    San Diego






    Kansas City






    Philadelphia






    Seattle






    Dallas






    New York






    Possibly Green Bay

    Green Bay 7-9 (possibly 8-8)
    Schedule looks really tough. The first 5 look like losses (Philly, @NYG, San Diego, in the Dome, and Chicago) Looks like 1-5 going into the bye beating Washington.
    Lose Against-






    Minnesota






    Minnesota






    San Diego






    St. Louis ( i want to see this one)






    Philadephia






    Carolina (good one but I see Carolina doing good this year)






    Kansas City






    Denver (I think Denver will be really good this year as well)






    Chicago













    New York Giants






    Possibly Chicago
    I see them beating maybe one or two of the teams listed but thats what I see.

    Detroit Lions 6-10
    Win against






    Denver ( Isee a shoot out that Detroit can win)






    Dallas (they beat them last year right)






    Arizona(Maybe another shoot out)






    Tampa Bay (Its Tampa. Mediocre defense vs. great offense)






    Oakland (Good season opener for them. Good defense but against great Lions offense I see a win here)






    Washington-(its washington)







    Doesnt look like 10+ wins. more like 10+ losses.


    Final NFC North result prediction

    Viking- 10-6

    Chicago- 9-7

    Green Bay- 7-9

    Detroit- 6-10

    What do you think?
    not bad, the teams you said we are gonna win against I thought the same thing

  3. #13
    scumpuke is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    110

    Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

    Yeah, i'm sorry all you bears lovers but i can't see da bores getting very far this year. i also see packers looking pretty weak.

    the problem though is all of the question marks hanging over the Vikes. AP and Chester Tayler seem like the only sure thing anyone can talk about offensively right now. if TJ steps up and our receivers can get something goin' on then i forsee a heavy Viking team. otherwise it doesn't feel great.

    but could the lions do something big this year??
    Partyin' Purple Style!

  4. #14
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

    "scumpuke" wrote:
    Yeah, i'm sorry all you bears lovers but i can't see da bores getting very far this year. i also see packers looking pretty weak.

    the problem though is all of the question marks hanging over the Vikes. AP and Chester Tayler seem like the only sure thing anyone can talk about offensively right now. if TJ steps up and our receivers can get something goin' on then i forsee a heavy Viking team. otherwise it doesn't feel great.

    but could the lions do something big this year??
    You forgot to mention the defense. I think there is a good chance that this years defense will be better than the bears(especially if lance briggs holds out like he says he will). That means we have half an offense(running game) and a full defense. So in my estimation they are 3/4 of the way to being a superbowl contender.(special teams doesn't really count)

  5. #15
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

    "so-cal" wrote:
    Vikings 11-5

    Bears 10-6

    Lions 7-9

    Slackers 4-12

    (Bears 11-5, Vikings 10-6)
    I'm on the fence with this one.
    Vikings 11-5

    Bears

    9-7

    Packers
    7-9

    Lions


    6-10

    The Vikes clinch the division at home against the Bears on Dec 17th.

  6. #16
    jaymz7's Avatar
    jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    567

    Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

    I think the Vikes will finish with 9 or 10 wins. There will be a couple of games that could be real close.

    Bears will have 9 or 10 wins

    Packers will have 7 or 8 wins

    The Lions will have 6 or 7 wins


  7. #17
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

    I refuse to make pre-season predictions from now on.

    If I do, remind me that I said this and make me feel like an asshole.

  8. #18
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "scumpuke" wrote:
    Yeah, i'm sorry all you bears lovers but i can't see da bores getting very far this year. i also see packers looking pretty weak.

    the problem though is all of the question marks hanging over the Vikes. AP and Chester Tayler seem like the only sure thing anyone can talk about offensively right now. if TJ steps up and our receivers can get something goin' on then i forsee a heavy Viking team. otherwise it doesn't feel great.

    but could the lions do something big this year??
    You forgot to mention the defense. I think there is a good chance that this years defense will be better than the bears(especially if lance briggs holds out like he says he will). That means we have half an offense(running game) and a full defense. So in my estimation they are 3/4 of the way to being a superbowl contender.(special teams doesn't really count)
    Tell that to the Bears and Hester.

    While it may be the least important, it can still play a huge part in the success of a team.
    Even more so with two evenly matched teams.

  9. #19
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

    Bears 10-6

    Packers 9-7

    Vikings 8-8 (better if 1). Tarvaris improves with experience, 2). EJ can do it at MLB and 3). Erasmus can come back healthy at DE).
    If those three things happen and we stay healthy as a team the Vikes could be 11-5, or better.

    Lions 7-9 or 6-10

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Guess NFC North Wins/Losses

    "jmcdon00" wrote:

    You forgot to mention the defense. I think there is a good chance that this years defense will be better than the bears(especially if lance briggs holds out like he says he will). That means we have half an offense(running game) and a full defense. So in my estimation they are 3/4 of the way to being a superbowl contender. (special teams doesn't really count)
    [size=13pt]BULLSHIT![/size]



    Special teams is a very big part of a successful team. It means the difference between starting at your own 20 or worse as compared to running one back for a TD or at least great field position.

    Special teams dictates whether your opponents start deep in their own territory or at the 50.

    Special teams block punts & FG's.

    How can you sit there & say special teams doesn't matter when field position is a huge part of the game?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Top 5 list of tough losses - a new leader.
    By ManitobaVikingFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 01:42 AM
  2. How many losses before Tice is Gone?
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 03:52 PM
  3. Daunte - 29 Wins 34 Losses As A Starter
    By SKOL in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 06:57 PM
  4. Who wins the NFC North!
    By beavereater7 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 12:47 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •