Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Grossman struggles

I have never been very impressed with Grossman. Will he ever get it together and be healthy at the same time?

=============================================

KFFL
    Bears | Grossman struggles Monday evening
    Tue, 1 Aug 2006 06:12:36 -0700

John Mullin, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears QB Rex Grossman threw several bad interceptions in the various sessions of the night practice Monday, July 31. S Mike Brown, CB Charles Tillman and LB Brian Urlacher each picked him once and CB Nathan Vasher had to do the standard brace of pushups after he dropped a freebie that would have gone 90 yards the other way if he'd held onto it. Some veteran NFL observers attending the practice said Grossman was simply trying too hard to force the ball downfield instead of taking the percentage completions.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Grossman struggles

Man!!! I was hoping that Grossman could improve a little. I guess that he may not ever get a chance to shine. In college, Rex had all the skills that a QB should have; arm, legs, eye, and leadership skills. He got to the Pro level and lost his darn mind. I wonder if the injuries are getting to him mentally.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Remember when he came back last year against the Falcons? He got a few completions then threw that interception that was recovered after a fumble, but he instantly energized the Bears' offence. I can see him having that effect again this year. At least for the first few games. The Bears have created an offence that doesn't need a 60% passer to orchestrate it, and that's their major strength.

I think hes hearing footsteps for the first time in his NFL carrer--in the form of Brian Griese--Every other time hes gotten hurt hes known that when he comes back he'll be the starter again--well now with Griese there that isnt true anymore--He gets hurt again, his career as a starter might just be done.
    People should not fear their governments. Governments should fear their people.

The Bears should be back on the 5-11 express in no time. This is almost an exact replica of 2001; an overacheivement followed by no changes at all.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Grossman is nothing special at all.I watched him at Florida, I never felt comfortable with him in the game, with the game on the line.He does force passes in hopes of big plays.The Bears dont have a "big play" offense, so he cant do that.To me, I never thought he'd start in the NFL.But thats the Bears for ya.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Grossman is nothing special at all.I watched him at Florida, I never felt comfortable with him in the game, with the game on the line.He does force passes in hopes of big plays.The Bears dont have a "big play" offense, so he cant do that.To me, I never thought he'd start in the NFL.But thats the Bears for ya.
    That is true. He did force some passes in college, and in the pros. But I guess during the training camps and all of the workouts, he impressed the Bears and other GMs, because the guy was high on the draft charts.

I just hope that he does not flame out and become the next Ryan Leaf!!

Json is offline GM

I hope grossman stinks it up this year. The Bears are going to be tough as nails this season with all the defenders that came back. Let's just hope the Vikings can keep up with them again this year for the NFC north crown. To me that's the biggest challenge the Vikings will have.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I hope he stays healthy and fails miserably! Although as stated above, the Bears offense doesn't really need a great quarterback. As long as they can maintain control of the football and plow it down the field, Rexman's short comings shouldn't play too much of a factor. Last year is prime example of that.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

so he's playing like Brett Favre!?

There was a time if i said "Rex Grossman is playing like Favre" people would be like "wow he must have really improved!!"

not "wow, so he sucks?"

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast