Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grossman

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Grossman

Grossman scares me a bit. Can he get a playoff win? He always seems poised, performed very well against us until injured. But he has only 8 starts in the NFL, and no playoff experience.

Last Weeks Games and Results:
    Palmer/Kitna = loss = no playoff experience
    BigBen = win = prev playoff experience

Simms = loss = no playoff experience
    Brunell = win = prev playoff experience

Eli = loss = no playoff experience
    DelHomme = win = prev playoff experience

Leftwich = loss = no playoff experience, I can't remember him in the playoffs?
    Brady = win = prev playoff experience

This Weeks Games:
    Brunell vs Hasselbeck
    Brady vs Plummer
    Manning vs Big Ben
    DelHomme vs Grossman

Back to Grossman, does he have the Leadership to pull this game out against a SuperBowl seasoned and playoff vet.

If he does, that scares the crap out of me. I do not want him in our division if that happens, if he succeeds at winning.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Grossman

I hope not, i want the bears to lose!!
    ;-)

I guarantee grossman throws a key interception
    I m Down For A Boat Party

straight_party.tripod.com

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2006/01/rex_education.html

Rex education

Is Rex Grossman ready for the playoffs?

Rex Grossman's fifth pass attempt Sunday will be the 200th of his three-year NFL career. If that sounds like a lot, consider rookie Kyle Orton already has attempted 368. Does that mean Orton is better prepared for Sunday's playoff game against Carolina?

Maybe.

What it tells us definitively is we know more about Orton at this point, but we're not impressed. Rex is considered more talented, at least relatively, so Bears fans believe the team is in good hands offensively.
    The feeling here is the Panthers have an advantage at quarterback with Jake Delhomme, who guided the Panthers to the Super Bowl two years ago.

Rex appears to have loads of potential, but for all of the analysis and expert opinion, the fact is he hasn't proven himself yet in the NFL and it's impossible to know what to expect. Some quarterbacks - Brady, Favre, Aikman - succeeded in their playoff debuts, and it's possible Rex will follow suit, but look for Delhomme to handle the pressure better than he did on Nov. 20 in Soldier Field.

The Panthers are peaking while the Bears haven't played well since the third quarter of the Christmas game in Green Bay.

Playoff pressure is a different animal, one Rex hasn't faced yet. He's a confident young man who has a strong running game to depend on and a great defense. But how much can Bears fans depend on Rex at this stage in his career?

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

no way chicago beats carolina on sunday. Grossman is gonna stink it up big time. just wait and see.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

interesting coincidence, but it's a spurious connection. recall your statistics mantra from 9th grade math: correlation does not equal causation.

Besides that, you leave out a lot of other elements in those matchups -- the qbs weren't the only folks playing the game. I won't deny the importance of a good QB, but teams win games, after all.

a defencive win by chicago doesn't suprise any one , a 3 touchdown 400 yard performance from the bears offence should make this whole league tremble

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    interesting coincidence, but it's a spurious connection. recall your statistics mantra from 9th grade math: correlation does not equal causation.

Besides that, you leave out a lot of other elements in those matchups -- the qbs weren't the only folks playing the game. I won't deny the importance of a good QB, but teams win games, after all.
    Lighten up dude, it was only brought about as a thought provoking question as to how it correlates. The more important question is Grossman good enough to live up to the staus that he has been elevated to and the confidence that he supposedly has from his team.

The article that I posted also states that there has been success from newbies to the playoffs, they all equal great QBs, Favre, Aikman, and Brady.

SamDawg84 Guest

he is lookin pretty good but he wont get a playoff win this year. just look at eli manning. every 1 thought he was good and they lost in the playoffs

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

the only way grossman throws a touchdown is if the panthers turn it over in their own red zone. i hate grossman, i hate the bears, and i pray the panthers can donkey punch the bears back into the cellar where they belong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast