Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re:Gregg Williams is a

When Favre gets beat up like he did on Sunday without taking a sack you know the defence is playing close to the legal limit. What this confirms is (what some of us already thought) that the Saints are willing to cross that line by Bob Beamon like distances.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Tad7 wrote:
    While seeing Favre get smashed around was great I do like that style of football anyway.

As long as they're not hitting him an unreasonable amount of time after the throw I think it's all good. And I guarantee the talk of this will even get in the best QB's head.

As far as the T-Jack, yeah he's my boy and I still have confidence in him but for me it became more about Favre NOT being the QB than who is the QB. We'll see how it all plays out my friends.

This is quite simply the dumbest, most asinine post I have ever seen on PPo...ever.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I don't have a problem with punishing a QB, taking chances that you might get a flag. But when you start talking about hoping a guy doesn't get up that's where you've crossed the line with me. That makes it sound like your go for the knees.

I've defended the Saints all week, mostly because I think they have great fans. After hearing this though I think they are a classless team and will be rooting for the Colts.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

jmcdon00 wrote:
    I don't have a problem with punishing a QB, taking chances that you might get a flag. But when you start talking about hoping a guy doesn't get up that's where you've crossed the line with me. That makes it sound like your go for the knees.

I've defended the Saints all week, mostly because I think they have great fans. After hearing this though I think they are a classless team and will be rooting for the Colts.
    +1 Me too.

Add the Saints to my teams I hate list.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re:Gregg Williams is a "dirty" coach

The Saints will lose because of this. Nothing like a tacky poorly concealed threat to work up the other team.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Freya wrote:
    The Saints will lose because of this. Nothing like a tacky poorly concealed threat to work up the other team.
    And the refs.

keystonevike is offline Starter

Gregg Williams teaches dirty football and his defense plays dirty football. I didn't get a chance to see a lot of the Saints this year until NFCCG and I thought "they're deliberately trying to injure our QB and the refs are letting them". Oh well...
    Then Williams comes out and says, basically, we're out to injure Manning.
    Screw the Saints if that's how they gotta play to be able to win. Here's to Manning having a clean uniform while he accepts the MVP award after the Colts bury the Saints by a score too grisly to relate.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

If you play soft on the QB, especially a QB like Peyton Manning, you might as well just forfeit the game..

He just want his guys to hit and get pressure on the QB and is willing to take the risk to get a few penalties because of it, because he knows it can make them Superbowl Champions at the end..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

skum wrote:
    If you play soft on the QB, especially a QB like Peyton Manning, you might as well just forfeit the game..

He just want his guys to hit and get pressure on the QB and is willing to take the risk to get a few penalties because of it, because he knows it can make them Superbowl Champions at the end..
    No, that's not what he was getting at. He specifically said he wanted to take Manning out of the game. He wants to see Manning leave the field on a stretcher, bringing Painter in and making the game dramatically easier for the Saints. Going out to pressure the QB and going out to injure the QB are two completely different things.

purpledoom is offline Starter

Purple_Jesus wrote:
    skum wrote:

No, that's not what he was getting at. He specifically said he wanted to take Manning out of the game. He wants to see Manning leave the field on a stretcher, bringing Painter in and making the game dramatically easier for the Saints. Going out to pressure the QB and going out to injure the QB are two completely different things.
    Amen to that. Pressureing the QB is one thing. He said you hope he dosn't get back up again. That crosses the line and I have to believe will eventually get Brees hurt. What goes around comes around.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast