Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Gregg Williams is a "dirty" coach

Gregg Williams suggests the Saints want to injure Manning

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/28/gregg-williams-suggests-the-saints-want-to-injure-manning/

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Gregg Williams is a "dirty" coach

..."This guy's got a great clock in his head," Williams told 104.5 The Zone, via ESPN.com. "The big thing is that he throws the ball so early that we're going to have to do a good job of finding ways to get to him and when we do get to him we're going to have to make sure he gets a couple 'remember me' shots when we get there."...
    I'm all about smash-mouth football. Even if this is a strategy is it possible that the DC is stupid enough to verbalize it to the public? The answer is a resounding yes.

...And Williams won't be reeling in his troops for the Super Bowl. Instead, it sounds like he's willing to risk a few 15-yard walk-offs if it means that Manning eventually will be carted off the field.

"When you put too much of that type of worry on a warrior's mind, he doesn't play all out," Williams said. "If it happens, it happens. And the only thing you'd like for me to say is that if it happens you hope he doesn't get back up and play again."...
    What a cheap bastard. I bet this is already bulletin board material for the Colts. Going after the QB is all good, when your intention is to hurt him so he can't play anymore it is really messed up.

As a former season tx holder for the Saints and someone that goes to the Saints games regularly. I say fuck the Saints. They have crossed the line in my book (and I really don't like Peyton Manning).
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

http://blackandgold.com/saints/24397-gregg-williams-suggests-saints-want-injure-manning.html

http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?53120-And-now-to-put-the-Gregg-Williams-wants-to-injure-Peyton-Manning-talk-to-rest

http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?53112-Gregg-Williams-wants-Manning-hurt-w-late-hits!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

If the refs turn a blind eye to late hits like they did while Farve was getting high/lowed, or speared, Peyton could get roughed up. However I feel Manning could get some calls that we didn't. The refs have reviewed the last few games, the league has admonished them, so the first time Sharper leads with his helmet, he should get a 15 yarder.

Flidais is offline Rookie

I hope the Colts D leaves enough of Brees for us to punish next year.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Can you imagine what Saints fans and the media would be saying if Jared Allen was the one hitting Brees late, low, high, and driving him into the ground and injuring him?

McCray got fined $20,000 for two incidents on Sunday, including a low hit and unnecessary roughness(following the handoff)on Favre.

Jared Allen was fined $50,000 for low hits on Schaub, and those plays were far more questionable than Sunday's.

Where's the consistency?

Bobby McCray is also the guy who knocked Warner out on that interception in the divisional round. Which was a legal hit, but I'm beginning to see a pattern with him.

Now their defensive coordinator comes out and says they want to injure Manning? They're fucking dirty, I don't know how anyone thinks otherwise. Even 25% of PPOs man-lover Sharper just came into tackles in progress and cleaned up with his helmet all night. Fuck the Saints. They're gonna get torched on Super Bowl Sunday, I can't wait.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I love the attitude
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Re:Gregg Williams is a

Tad7 wrote:
    I love the attitude
    Only because you were stoked to see Favre on the ground right?

Re:Gregg Williams is a

idahovikefan7 wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    I love the attitude
    Only because you were stoked to see Favre on the ground right?
    That is correct ... he would have hated the idea if it was coming after his object of affection, Tarvaris.

Of course, they would not come after Tarvaris, they would want him to throw the ball.
    None

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

While seeing Favre get smashed around was great, I do like that style of football anyway.

As long as they're not hitting him an unreasonable amount of time after the throw I think it's all good. And I guarantee the talk of this will even get in the best QB's head.

As far as the T-Jack, yeah he's my boy and I still have confidence in him but for me it became more about Favre NOT being the QB than who is the QB. We'll see how it all plays out my friends.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast