Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Greg Blue signs with the Lions

"happy" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I liked him as well, however, I just find it amazing that he was still not picked up this late in the season, especially with all the injuries this year.

Might be a good indicator that he doesn't have all the tools to play at the level needed in the NFL, or at least to make the starting roster someplace.
    :

Possibly....but could also mean we can't spot future tallent as well as Detroit too....The Lions do seem to making some positive strides with there team this season.

This is not spotting talent. The Lions signing Greg Blue is filling a void made by injuries. If this was them spotting talent, they would have signed him right away.
    I agree.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"singersp" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    I think his lack of speed and coverage skills has always been the knock, however, he was a gamer and seemed to make the best of the chances he was given.
    Certainly there was no doubt that the guy could hit once in awhile, but I'm sure the coaches evaluated him fairly & deemed him not good enought to fit into our system.

Yes, he did have the big hit a year or two ago, but that's the way some fans here are. They watch one big play a guy has, latch onto him & delare him a beast & starter material. I don't mean to sound rude, but that's what I see here on occassion.

How many were high on Blue before that one hit?

How many were high on Jason Carter before that one TD catch in pre-season?

How many were high on Dovonte Edwards before he intercepted that pass from Favre & took it to the house?

It takes more than one good play to declare a player great or a beast. You need to see consistancy from game to game.

**Hears crickets**

That's what I thought.

:P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    I think his lack of speed and coverage skills has always been the knock, however, he was a gamer and seemed to make the best of the chances he was given.
    Certainly there was no doubt that the guy could hit once in awhile, but I'm sure the coaches evaluated him fairly & deemed him not good enought to fit into our system.

Yes, he did have the big hit a year or two ago, but that's the way some fans here are. They watch one big play a guy has, latch onto him & delare him a beast & starter material. I don't mean to sound rude, but that's what I see here on occassion.

How many were high on Dovonte Edwards before he intercepted that pass from Favre & took it to the house?

It takes more than one good play to declare a player great or a beast. You need to see consistancy from game to game.

**Hears crickets**

That's what I thought.

LOL, I have to admit I was only high on Carter after that big catch myself.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:

**Hears crickets**

That's what I thought.

I was waiting to see if anyone would own up.

Funny thing is you can go search and find what the yutz's had to say about it.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:

**Hears crickets**

That's what I thought.

I was waiting to see if anyone would own up.

Funny thing is you can go search and find what the yutz's had to say about it.

;D
    I know that all to well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:

I've been watching him play since college. He made non stop big hits for Georgia. The hit he put on the Bills receiver last year wasn't even close to some of the ones he had in years past. I don't think he would be any worse off on the field than Dwight Smith. Sharper and Blue would have been a mean combo. I was never excited to see Jason Carter by the way.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

heres a few of his good ones

[youtube=425,350]0WJe86_y2Ps[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]QzowiTndq7s[/youtube]

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

He recovered the fumble by Witten at the goal line.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123