Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Greg Blue signs with the Lions

[size=13pt]Greg Blue finds work[/size]

November 19th, 2007 – 10:50 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Safety Greg Blue, who was released by the Vikings in the final training camp cuts this season, has signed with the Detroit Lions to replace the injured Idrees Bashir...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Greg Blue signs with the Lions

damn... i wish the kid the best, he's a hell of a hitter and has potential to be a good overall saftey.. i just wish it wasnt as a division rival hopefully he doesnt hit any of our guys too hard :P

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I liked him as well, however, I just find it amazing that he was still not picked up this late in the season, especially with all the injuries this year.

Might be a good indicator that he doesn't have all the tools to play at the level needed in the NFL, or at least to make the starting roster someplace.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

He was gonna be our FS of the future. Man that sucks, I wish he was still on our team, hell of a hitter!!!

ALL DAY!!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Hopefully he sees some playing time on Thanksgiving day, wouldn't mind seeing him knock some Packer flesh around.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I read previously that the reason Blue was released was because he didn't have the cover skills required of a safety in the Tampa 2 defense.
    The Lions also run a Tampa 2.
    Do they see something in him that we didn't?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"SKOL" wrote:
    I read previously that the reason Blue was released was because he didn't have the cover skills required of a safety in the Tampa 2 defense.
    Again, don't get me wrong, I liked him alot, however, at this time of year, the guys sitting there with marginal skills (i.e. limited coverage skills/great against the run) get picked up as the barrel bottom starts to show due to injuries.

I for one wish him the best, just not against us.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Again, don't get me wrong, I liked him alot, however, at this time of year, the guys sitting there with marginal skills (i.e. limited coverage skills/great against the run) get picked up as the barrel bottom starts to show due to injuries.

I for one wish him the best, just not against us.
    ;D
    They probably picked him up in anticipation of facing AD in two weeks and needing some run support from the safety position.
    If his coverage skills are indeed lacking I hope TJack can loft a few his way.
    ;D

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Frostbite is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I liked him as well, however, I just find it amazing that he was still not picked up this late in the season, especially with all the injuries this year.

Might be a good indicator that he doesn't have all the tools to play at the level needed in the NFL, or at least to make the starting roster someplace.
    :

Possibly....but could also mean we can't spot future tallent as well as Detroit too....The Lions do seem to making some positive strides with there team this season.

Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I think his lack of speed and coverage skills has always been the knock, however, he was a gamer and seemed to make the best of the chances he was given.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast