Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Green: playoffs for Cards, doesn't like preseason vs. Vikes

Mark my words, the cards have no chance of being 8-8. They do not have anything close to a good defense. They have no fan support. Running game? Please...
    Duane starks has barely played a full season since becoming a high price FA after leaving the Ravens. Dexter Jackson isn't THAT good.

Sure they are an average team, but there are sooo many teams better than them in the NFL.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I would hope that Denny doesn't get booed! I hate when fans do things like that, especially for a coach/player that did so many good things for our organization. Granted Denny never really got us over the hump to the super bowl, but you can't say we weren't spoiled every year, with the exception of two seasons, by making it to the playoffs!! I just hope he doesn't get booed, he doesn't deserve that!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Denny made it to the NFC Championship game with a defense that sucked even more than what the Cardinals will.

He has a good running game, a decent Oline, a decent QB and awesome WRs. Could put up big numbers. You make the playoffs and be 10-6 with a horrible defense.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Denny made it to the NFC Championship game with a defense that sucked even more than what the Cardinals will.
    But, Denny's first year with the Vikings we went to the playoffs with a very good defense, much better than what the Cards have set for Denny's first year with them. Denny had a balanced team in 1992. He does not in 2004. I believe the Cards will make the playoffs down the road, but not this year.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I have to agree with sdvikefan! They have the start to a good offense, but come on, the division they play in I just don't think it's going to come this year!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

cardinals?? playoffs?? don't make me laugh out loud

lol

too late

anyways ... how does he expect them to make the playoffs with the rams and the seahawks in the division?! ... one of them will falter and even if one does, the other will win the division and god knows how hard it is to make the playoffs as a wild card ... especially with the NFC East and South, who should have two representatives for the playoffs to go along with the four division winners

the only legitimate way for the cardinals to ever make the playoffs is if they were in the same division as the chargers, the giants, and the brownies

and plus, denny green is starting EMMITT SMITH at running back for christ's sake ... i'll expect very good numbers from whoever starts at QB, fitzgerald and boldin ... why? because the cardinals will be down and out very early, and they will be forced to throw all game as teams ease up with a prevent defense

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

vikeman I don't know what Arizona team you are reffering too. A good running game??? Against the vikes the running backs had 37 yards on 16 carries. An average offensive line???? That is being gracious, thier QB was the leading rusher in that same game because he was running for his life, and the lack of pass rush vikings sacked him 8 times that game. Thier defense is average and it seems to be the strongest part of thier team. Boldin is a good reciever and Fitzgerald has great potential but without a better running game and a QB in the upright position they can't get the ball. They should be improved but 10-6 HA HA HA Denny must be smoking the same shit he was on when he let the clock run out and play for OT in the NFC Championship game against the Falcons.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

Excellent points made again ndavike!! Damn NFC championship game against the Falcons!! UGH!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Yah seriously vikeman, a good running game WTF? Emmit Smith sure looked good last year, not to mention a star in the making with Skip Hicks, please. The O-line is not good enough to play consistently. McCown has very little experience and is a huge gamble in my opinion. Fitzgerald is unproven, Boldin has one good season and Bryant johnson had one poor season {(considering he was a first rounder). Pardon me if I don't consider their receivers "Awesome", when combined they have 2 year of starting experience with a qb who has a few games starting experience.

Besides, don't even compare the 98/00 offenses to what they appear to have in arizona. They might end up 3rd in that division at best.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

from what you all say the cards may not be good enough for the next few years, but lets look at Denny and what he did for us both up and down, will he get boo when he step's foot on our play field maybe but he did many good things for our team of course many bad things to hence the sack but he was picked up pretty quick and as we say where I am from God speed and fair winds to him but come game day you team is dead meet {|:-)..
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast