Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Green: playoffs for Cards, doesn't like preseason vs. Vikes

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/0624TawardsZ10.html

On the Cards playoff chances: They are nil. Green is thinking he can do with Arizona his first season what he did with the Vikings. But other than a pair of flashy receivers the Cards having nothing going for them. The D could be a little better with a couple of promising rookies (Dansby, Dockett) but is a long way from being a playoff caliber unit.

On the preseason opener vs. Vikes: Why does he think the game should be played in Arizona? Does the idea of coming back to Minnesota to play against the Vikes make Green a little nervous? Especially if the Vikes humiliate the Cards? He's making too big a deal of it anyway. It's a preseason game Denny...nobody really gives a crap who wins and loses.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

hahaha... I'm sure he's intimidated to come back here. I'm really curious as to the response that he will get. Do you think that people will boo him or do you think that he'll get a warm response? I personally think that he'll get booed.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    hahaha... I'm sure he's intimidated to come back here. I'm really curious as to the response that he will get. Do you think that people will boo him or do you think that he'll get a warm response? I personally think that he'll get booed.

absolutely he will get booed and it will be so great.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Green: playoffs for Cards, doesn't like preseason vs. Vi

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    He's making too big a deal of it anyway. It's a preseason game Denny...nobody really gives a crap who wins and loses.
    BS! I hope Antoine Winfield knocks Nathan Poole out with a concussion the first legal chance he gets. And that Williams, Hovan, Mixon, and Udeze all converge on Josh McCown and separate him from the ball and his helmet.

Gee, I don't sound bitter, do I? :wink:
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Meh,

The Cardinals seem to have a decent team set up, and I'd expect them to have an 8-8 season or better.

With the crew they have at WR, the person playing QB doesn't need to be very good.

On defense, they do have plenty of promising young talent and Duane Starks isn't all that bad at CB.

They have a very average team, And I think Denny is a good enough regular season coach to maybe make his prediction. Either way, they won't get passed the first round of the playoffs for at least 8 years.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Not to mention they will never have a good defense. Promising young players aren't proven and Denny does like to put all the money into the offense. Don't expect them to have a good one... that tends to be the least of his concerns.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Green: playoffs for Cards, doesn't like preseason vs. Vi

"purplepat" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    He's making too big a deal of it anyway. It's a preseason game Denny...nobody really gives a crap who wins and loses.
    BS! I hope Antoine Winfield knocks Nathan Poole out with a concussion the first legal chance he gets. And that Williams, Hovan, Mixon, and Udeze all converge on Josh McCown and separate him from the ball and his helmet.

Gee, I don't sound bitter, do I? :wink:
    lol...to me that would not avenge last year. What would is if the Vikings win the division, the Packers sit out the playoffs, and if they lose out of making the playoffs in their final regular season game vs. the Bears. That would be awesome. As for Denny and the Cards...they can watch us in the playoffs too.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

I personally wouldn't boo Denny, he got fired, he didn't quit. He also did a pretty good job as coach..

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

I think Arizona will be improved but not enough to make it to the playoffs. Denny was a decent coach but he just wasn't balanced enough to make it past the playoffs. We will kick the crap out of them in preseason even if only our third stringers play. I too hope to see a couple people take some shots (legal of course..hehehe) at a couple of the Cardinals. The reason Denny gave as wanting to move the preseason game to Arizona is because Arizona does not draw a lot of fans to the stands normally and for some reason when the vikes play there they sell a lot more tickets because the vikings draw in more of a crowd then the home team does of course we know a lot of Arizona is transplanted minnesota people but we know it is just because the Vikings are an awesome team and Denny knows that it would have been a good way to fill up the stands. I am sure he knows even if he does get the team to play well that if they can't draw any fans he still probably won't keep his job very long because as we see with our own owner it all comes down to money baby.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Mark my words: Larry Fitzgerald is the next Cris Carter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast