Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Green Bay's Rodgers still leads North's QB pack

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Green Bay's Rodgers still leads North's QB pack

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Sort of funny how the author flat out states that Cutler has better skills, but he twists it so taht Rodgers can be the better QB by dinging Cutler for exiting Denver.

Nothing like twisting the facts to support your conclusions....

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Caine" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Sort of funny how the author flat out states that Cutler has better skills, but he twists it so taht Rodgers can be the better QB by dinging Cutler for exiting Denver.

Caine
    LOL.
    I know I wouldn't do that..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Caine" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Caine

I was just going to point that out, too.

Cutler, 26, arguably has better physical skills, but how everything went down in Denver in the offseason in contrast to how Rodgers took care of himself last season, the Packers' passer may have the intangible edge.
    So, because he had a messy divorce from Denver and a new coach he didn't like, and which occured very early in the offseason, that's going to affect his 'intangibles' in Chicago? What a load of bull. In any case, if you have two QBs that are roughly equivalent, I'll take the one with the slight edge in playing ability over the one with the slight edge in intangibles every time.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Rodgers has been in the league 4 years, is inconsistent, can only boast a 6-10 record & hasn't proven himself.

Shouldn't the Packers be tossing him under the bus and looking for a proven vet to bring in?

**sarcasm off**

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    Rodgers has been in the league 4 years, is inconsistent, can only boast a 6-10 record & hasn't proven himself.

Shouldn't the Packers be tossing him under the bus and looking for a proven vet to bring in?

**sarcasm off**
    Great post!

Anyways.
    Rogers > Cutler.
    IMO.

Cutler throws too many interceptions, is older, and has a less talented supporting cast.
    He can sometimes cost his team games.

Err, I was thinking Favre for a second.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Caine

Cutler, 26, arguably has better physical skills, but how everything went down in Denver in the offseason in contrast to how Rodgers took care of himself last season, the Packers' passer may have the intangible edge.
    So, because he had a messy divorce from Denver and a new coach he didn't like, and which occured very early in the offseason, that's going to affect his 'intangibles' in Chicago? What a load of bull. In any case, if you have two QBs that are roughly equivalent, I'll take the one with the slight edge in playing ability over the one with the slight edge in intangibles every time.
    He says "Arguably better physical skills," really all I see is a better arm.

Rodgers put up better numbers in every category except for yardage.

"Mr" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Caine

I agree, especially if you look at all the variables around them.

Bad running game, pretty bad O-line, a defense that can't hold a lead to save their life, great receiving core. Ofcourse there are some differences in play-calling and what not, but these teams where nearly identical last year, yet, Rodgers put up better numbers, like you stated.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Caine" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Caine
    Does physical skills necessarily translate into a better QB? The league has been littered with guys like Boller, Vick, Leaf, Losman, Stafford (
    ;D ) etc.. great physical skills but never seemed to be able to put it together to become a very effective QB in this league...

IMO, Cutler is a gambler, gunslinger, whatever you want to call it.. he at times makes silly decisions with the football. Rodgers through one year is more of a controlled decision maker that rarely made bad decisions last year.. some bad throws, but very few bad decisions.

Everyone raves about Cutlers arm strength, in camp last year Driver and Jennings both noted that Rodgers ball has just about as much pop as Favre's, whom owns one of the finest arms the league as seen as far as strength... now I am not claiming Rodgers has a better arm, as I really don't care.

Playing the position of QB takes more than Arm strength and quick feet... beyond making most of the throws, the most important attribute to playing QB is between the ears... and to date, Cutler is lagging in that department. IMO.

Personally I don't like that sort of talk that much.. neither Cutler or Rodgers have proven that they belong in any type of 'best' talk.. if anything it speaks to the overall questions about the QB's of the NFCN.

I am optimistic about Rodgers going forward.. but one year to me doesn't tell the story.. we shall see this year if he can maintain that level of play. Some want to crown him.. horsepucky.. that damn train he told us all to leap onto hasn't even made it out of the yard yet... season 2 on queue.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Caine

I agree, especially if you look at all the variables around them.

Bad running game, pretty bad O-line, a defense that can't hold a lead to save their life, great receiving core. Ofcourse there are some differences in play-calling and what not, but these teams where nearly identical last year, yet, Rodgers put up better numbers, like you stated.
    But that also supports what I said...if you tweek the stats enough and throw in enough variables, you can make almost anyone out to be better than they are.
    Heck, Tarvaris Jackson supporters have been doing that for 2 years!!!

Am I saying Rodgers isn't good?
    No.
    I'm saying that I personally view Cutler as better as of right now.
    Now, all that could change - after all, Rodgers has only had 1 season under center - but that can cut both ways too.
    Now teams have film on him, and they will be finding ways to shut him down more effectively.

Cutler has played through his sophmore slump, and is emerging as a "real deal" QB.
    Rodgers shows all the signs of doing so, but we'll see.

So, in my opinion, for the author to annoint Rodgers, after only 1 season, over Cutler who has a far deeper on field resume, seems a bit shortsighted.

Caine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast