Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Green Bay plans on using cut blocks

I find it more than a bit ironic that Green Bay - long vocal opponents of ANY blocking scheme which they felt endangered THEIR players - would switch to a cut-block scheme. Of course, given the pathetic state of their offensive line, I guess I shouldn't be suprised.

Packer fans have for years been pointing their fingers at other teams, calling them cheap or dirty. Now, the fingers point the other direction. When they were strong (mid through late 90's), Packer fans walked about with their noses in the air, claiming their own superiority and lauding the fact that they played clean and honestly.

Now they stink. And, in their stench, they have decided to throw away their "Clean and Honest" distinction as well.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, this is simply one more bullet in my anti-Packer arsenal. Is it any wonder that all of the previous Packer-Trolls no longer post here?

Caine

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I have a question where have the Packer fans been?

Are they hiding in shame that their vaunted team has to stooped to such despicable tactics?

Are they disgraced that the players their team signed to big contracts have so little respect for their coaches that they didn't attend any team activities?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

"Caine" wrote:
    I find it more than a bit ironic that Green Bay - long vocal opponents of ANY blocking scheme which they felt endangered THEIR players - would switch to a cut-block scheme. Of course, given the pathetic state of their offensive line, I guess I shouldn't be suprised.

Packer fans have for years been pointing their fingers at other teams, calling them cheap or dirty. Now, the fingers point the other direction. When they were strong (mid through late 90's), Packer fans walked about with their noses in the air, claiming their own superiority and lauding the fact that they played clean and honestly.

Now they stink. And, in their stench, they have decided to throw away their "Clean and Honest" distinction as well.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, this is simply one more bullet in my anti-Packer arsenal. Is it any wonder that all of the previous Packer-Trolls no longer post here?

Caine
    "New Packers offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski, who was the offensive line coach in Atlanta last year, learned the finer points of cut blocking from Gibbs."

I guess it would be ironic if the Packers had the same offensive coaches, but they don't. They have a guy who likes to use cut blocking. He isn't realisticly going to change the way he does things to fit in with what the coaches of the past feel is right, definately not the fans.

Jeff Jagodzinski will cut block, just like Tomlin will use cover two.

*edit* I guess it could still be ironic.... :razz: in a it is out of the fans control, but they have to take it anyway sort of way.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This sounds like something that requires the OL to well coached in order to pull it off. Given that the Packers coaching is likely to be dire means that their OL won't be good at this - only problem is how many opposing DL's are likely to be injured as a result of this ?
    Out of curiosity what is the penalty for an illegal cut block ? is it just a penalty or can a player be ejected for it ?
    Maybe we'll find out how well our DL are being coached if they can fend off something like this.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Del Rio Guest

"AngloVike" wrote:
    This sounds like something that requires the OL to well coached in order to pull it off. Given that the Packers coaching is likely to be dire means that their OL won't be good at this - only problem is how many opposing DL's are likely to be injured as a result of this ?
    Out of curiosity what is the penalty for an illegal cut block ? is it just a penalty or can a player be ejected for it ?
    Maybe we'll find out how well our DL are being coached if they can fend off something like this.

15 Yards

1. Chop block

http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/penaltysummaries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12