purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler

Green Bay @ Chicago Fumble call

Maybe you guys more clued in to the rules can help me out on this one. The ruling was a fumble and the defender never touched the ball, so how did it end up several yards downfield? Obviously Rogers "threw" the ball downfield. Could have been called an incomplete pass, but a fumble was ruled. Is it not illegal for Rogers to advance a fumble, a la the infamous "Fumblerooski", towards his goal? The replay clearly shows that Rogers "threw" the ball and the defender never touched it. And it wasn't as if he got clobbered and the ball was knocked out of his hands either. Just wondering what take you guys have.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Maybe you guys more clued in to the rules can help me out on this one. The ruling was a fumble and the defender never touched the ball, so how did it end up several yards downfield? Obviously Rogers "threw" the ball downfield. Could have been called an incomplete pass, but a fumble was ruled. Is it not illegal for Rogers to advance a fumble, a la the infamous "Fumblerooski", towards his goal? The replay clearly shows that Rogers "threw" the ball and the defender never touched it. And it wasn't as if he got clobbered and the ball was knocked out of his hands either. Just wondering what take you guys have.
    My understanding is that you can advance a fumble unless it's in the last 2 minutes of a half or 4th down. This was a 3rd down play with more than 2 minutes to go in the half.

On how the ball went forward, it appeared that Peppers hit Rodgers arm before it was going forward. The act of hitting his arm made the ball come loose (fumble) than his continued throwing motion pushed the ball forward.

I think they actually got this one right, but it was pretty bazaar.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Its just the normal packers having a horseshoe up their asses. Go niners!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!