Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Greatest Quarterback Ever

Tark!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

manning is still a joke that chokes under pressure... ok i can hear the flames now "he won an fn superbowl"... well he played terrible throughout the playoffs, and wasn't all that steller in the superbowl either.

Tom Brady is without a doubt the best quarterback of this generation. He has put up spectacular numbers and has never had a 1k reciever in his career... look it up Glenn was hurt his rookie year, and Branch never scored a 1k as a patriot. Peyton without Harrison, is just another above average quarterback. Tom Brady by numbers, and by superbowls is the greatest quarterback currently playing, and will eventually pass Joe Montana as the greatest QB of all time. He's done what Montana couldn't do without Rice, and what Manning couldn't do without Harrison. He's finally gotten a dynamic reciever who is the most talented reciever currently in the league (like it or not i can provide you the numbers).

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    manning is still a joke that chokes under pressure... ok i can hear the flames now "he won an fn superbowl"... well he played terrible throughout the playoffs, and wasn't all that steller in the superbowl either.

Tom Brady is without a doubt the best quarterback of this generation. He has put up spectacular numbers and has never had a 1k reciever in his career... look it up Glenn was hurt his rookie year, and Branch never scored a 1k as a patriot. Peyton without Harrison, is just another above average quarterback. Tom Brady by numbers, and by superbowls is the greatest quarterback currently playing, and will eventually pass Joe Montana as the greatest QB of all time. He's done what Montana couldn't do without Rice, and what Manning couldn't do without Harrison. He's finally gotten a dynamic reciever who is the most talented reciever currently in the league (like it or not i can provide you the numbers).
    Yea, but he had the benefit of knowing what the other defenses were going to do.

Its a tough argument Manning vs. Brady.
    Brady appears to be more of a gamer and Manning more of a stat machine.
    If you swap them 5 years ago, how would history treat them.
    Probably not much differently.

A better test would be to put them both on the Vikings squad this year and see how they fair.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "kspurplepride" wrote:

Yea, but he had the benefit of knowing what the other defenses were going to do.

A better test would be to put them both on the Vikings squad this year and see how they fair.
    I know I joke on the Maddenites on here a bit, however, isn't there a way or thing in that game know were they rate old school players as well as current players?

Not that it really means anything of course.
    ;D
    (Sorry, again, I couldn't resist that last little Jab)
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "kspurplepride" wrote:

Give Manning the DEFENSE that won Brady his three SB rings...and give Brady the DEFENSE that Peyton had to constantly bail out, and tell me if Brady would have even been in a position to win ONE SB.
    PUHLEEZE!!!

"kspurplepride" wrote:

Brady will NEVER catch Montana...and there is PLENTY doubt that Brady ISN'T the greatest of his generation...PLENTY of doubt.
    Without the DEFENSE, he wins NO SBs...and without the idiot Carolina kicker, he doesn't even get a chance to beat the Panthers.
    Delhomme was the REAL MVP of that Super Bowl.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"StillPurple" wrote:
    No WAY ! Favre is nowhere near what Joe Montana was, or Elway. Montana has 4 Super Bowl rings (or was it 5 ?). Four, I guess, because Steve Young got the one in 1995.

Favre is way to inconsistent to be the "best ever". Remember that playoff game about 4 years ago ? The Packers go into the Rams' house and Favre throws like 5 INTs, totally destroying the Packers. Great QBs don't try to do it all. They operate as part of a team. Whenever I watch Favre, I think I am watching the "Brett Favre" show, with the "supporting cast" of other players. It is kind of ridiculous.

What has Favre won since 1996/7 ? All he has done is throw interceptions and destroy the chances of his team.

Remember the Eagles game about 3 years ago ? NFC Championship Game. Favre had a receiver wide open with 4th and 6, and overthrew him. Can you imagine Elway or Montana overthrowing that guy ?

Favre is the most overhyped QB of all time.

QBs better than Favre, overall in their careers:

1. Montana (by far, the best ever !!)
    2. Elway ("the Drive", plus 2 rings)
    3. Marino (never blew his team up like Favre)
    4. Peyton Manning (can anyone argue here ?)
    5. Tom Brady (3 rings since 2000, even if they did cheat)
    6. Dan Fouts (one of the best ever)
    7. Archie Manning (great QB on horrific teams)
    8. Unitas (duh !!)
    9. Ken Anderson (the highest completion % careerwise)
    10. Tarkenton (many more TDs in far fewer seasons)
    11. Phil Sims (great in the playoffs, unlike Fav-Ray)
    12. Warren Moon
    13. Jim Hart
    14. Jim Kelly (4 Super Bowls)
    15. Bradshaw (4 rings)
    Is this your list?

It's funny how you base a lot of stats.
    Stats are useless.
    And you got Bradshaw at 15?

Wow, just wow.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    No WAY ! Favre is nowhere near what Joe Montana was, or Elway. Montana has 4 Super Bowl rings (or was it 5 ?). Four, I guess, because Steve Young got the one in 1995.

Favre is way to inconsistent to be the "best ever". Remember that playoff game about 4 years ago ? The Packers go into the Rams' house and Favre throws like 5 INTs, totally destroying the Packers. Great QBs don't try to do it all. They operate as part of a team. Whenever I watch Favre, I think I am watching the "Brett Favre" show, with the "supporting cast" of other players. It is kind of ridiculous.

What has Favre won since 1996/7 ? All he has done is throw interceptions and destroy the chances of his team.

Remember the Eagles game about 3 years ago ? NFC Championship Game. Favre had a receiver wide open with 4th and 6, and overthrew him. Can you imagine Elway or Montana overthrowing that guy ?

8. Unitas (duh !!)
    12. Warren Moon
    13. Jim Hart
    15. Bradshaw (4 rings)
    Is this your list?

Stats are useless.

Wow, just wow.
    ROTF!!!
    At least he got Montana right.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

8. Unitas (duh !!)
    12. Warren Moon
    13. Jim Hart
    15. Bradshaw (4 rings)
    Is this your list?

Stats are useless.

Wow, just wow.
    I don't dare to put out a list, as I'm not real sure on the older QBs, I still have a lot to learn about history of the NFL

But let us see your top 15 hotshot.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

8. Unitas (duh !!)
    12. Warren Moon
    13. Jim Hart
    15. Bradshaw (4 rings)
    Is this your list?

Stats are useless.

Wow, just wow.
    ROTF!!!

At least he got Montana right.
    Archie in front of Unitas?