Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Great read on Moss, in-depth study of his past.

"Del Rio" wrote:

Some redneck scribbled some racial slur about one of Randy's buddies, so his buddy found the guy who he guessed did it. Randy being the poor ghetto kid he was kicked the guy 3 times after his friend had knocked him down.

The white guy he kicked suffered internal injuries and Moss lost his scholorship to ND.

"Moss was merely backing his friend" LMFAO!

Basically in a nutshell, Randy Moss was raised in WV. He was in the minority he was a young black man surrounded by Rednecks. It was a poor area. He was/is a great athlete. He makes some of the worst decisions ever. But they try and justify it by placing blame on his enviroment. But to his credit he does a lot of charity work. Sounds like he is very focused when it comes to that and he is humble about it.
    Wow Del, you know I like you buddy, so I'm going to assume you just don't quite understand.

You should only post things you know about from experience.

Hence, before you pass judgement in your cute little summary, perhaps you should try growing up in an area even remotely akin to that of Randy's - I lived in a more mild version until I was thirteen - and then speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I would have kicked that guy too. Then again I wouldn't smoke the joint. But hey, I'm not him.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I didn't see the article blaming environment for Moss' problems - and Moss certainly never has. I see what was briefly alluded to in the article - a guy who KNOWS everyone is watching...just waiting for him to fall, so they can hammer on him.

I will miss Randy this season...and I suspect for many seasons to come. Great read.

Caine

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Good read. --'nuff said. (I had more to say, but if I don't keep it short, it appears some of you won't read it anyway!)

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Some redneck scribbled some racial slur about one of Randy's buddies, so his buddy found the guy who he guessed did it. Randy being the poor ghetto kid he was kicked the guy 3 times after his friend had knocked him down.

The white guy he kicked suffered internal injuries and Moss lost his scholorship to ND.

Basically in a nutshell, Randy Moss was raised in WV. He was in the minority he was a young black man surrounded by Rednecks. It was a poor area. He was/is a great athlete. He makes some of the worst decisions ever. But they try and justify it by placing blame on his enviroment. But to his credit he does a lot of charity work. Sounds like he is very focused when it comes to that and he is humble about it.
    Wow Del, you know I like you buddy, so I'm going to assume you just don't quite understand.

Hence, before you pass judgement in your cute little summary, perhaps you should try growing up in an area even remotely akin to that of Randy's - I lived in a more mild version until I was thirteen - and then speak.
    Moss is gone....get off his nutz.
    And don't assume man, you don't know where we've grown up...for all you know Del coulda grown up in the Bronx....or Harlem....you don't know....
    As for the summary, I read both the summary and the long article....seemed pretty close to me.

As for trying to grow up in a slum...we'll get right to it buddy....let me get my time machine...LMAO!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Del Rio Guest

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Well I grew up in Utah/Ohio. I lived in West Virginia for two years. My step dad is Black. The part of West Virginia I lived in with my mom and step dad was very poor, and I would say the majority of people that live there are black (in that town), his parents are awesome. I love his whole family. His father died last year so I flew back to help my grandma out her house was falling apart. I have framing experience.

I was playing football in Ohio, and my step dads brother is huge. Biggest man I have ever seen. His family was poor so he was trying to make it the wwf all he did was lift. He called me up asked if I wanted to meet Vader and some other wrestler at golds gym. So I drove down there, someone decided it would be a good idea to shoot at my car about 5 times with a small caliber. I'm guessing .22

I know West Virgina, granted I don't know west Virgina as black man with dread locks, but I do know what it is like even if it was for a small part of my life. After the Bears game me and my wife are flying out there so she can meet my Grandma and she asked me to help fix her chicken coup.

They have a season for squirrels there, it was fun.

I stand by my summary. The guy makes bad decisions. I don't need to be black to figure that out. The article is heavy on his enviroment. Him kicking a kid while he was down and causing internal injuries was just him "backing up his buddy" in this redneck town.

Frankly Randy8404 I don't give a rats azz what you think about me, or my little summary.

If I met twiggy in real life I am sure he would be a class act. He is the best WR in the game. I don't respect a lot of things he has done on the field and I am glad he doesn't wear the jersey of the team I have been routing for since I was 7 years old.

Del Rio Guest

Randy8404 when I go down to Illinois this fall with my wife to catch a Viking game and to visit the in laws you and me are going to hook up for some drinks.

Your turf you choose the place. I'll buy, and only because out of 90% of our bickering is my fault, and probably because I very much neglect putting smiley faces in my posts. I have a feeling we would get along very well in real life even with such different views on so many trivial and not so trivial things.

Del Rio Guest

"Caine" wrote:
    I didn't see the article blaming environment for Moss' problems - and Moss certainly never has. I see what was briefly alluded to in the article - a guy who KNOWS everyone is watching...just waiting for him to fall, so they can hammer on him.

I will miss Randy this season...and I suspect for many seasons to come. Great read.

Caine

[size=18px]"To understand Moss, understand Rand, [/size]W.V"

--the very first thing you read my friend. Multiple hints of enviromental conflict and social angst the entire article. His problems are preluded by enviromental circumstances and follwed up by the same.

I don't think Moss would blame his enviroment either.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Well I grew up in Utah/Ohio. I lived in West Virginia for two years. My step dad is Black. The part of West Virginia I lived in with my mom and step dad was very poor, and I would say the majority of people that live there are black (in that town), his parents are awesome. I love his whole family. His father died last year so I flew back to help my grandma out her house was falling apart. I have framing experience.

I was playing football in Ohio, and my step dads brother is huge. Biggest man I have ever seen. His family was poor so he was trying to make it the wwf all he did was lift. He called me up asked if I wanted to meet Vader and some other wrestler at golds gym. So I drove down there, someone decided it would be a good idea to shoot at my car about 5 times with a small caliber. I'm guessing .22

I know West Virgina, granted I don't know west Virgina as black man with dread locks, but I do know what it is like even if it was for a small part of my life. After the Bears game me and my wife are flying out there so she can meet my Grandma and she asked me to help fix her chicken coup.

They have a season for squirrels there, it was fun.

I stand by my summary. The guy makes bad decisions. I don't need to be black to figure that out. The article is heavy on his enviroment. Him kicking a kid while he was down and causing internal injuries was just him "backing up his buddy" in this redneck town.

Frankly Randy8404 I don't give a rats azz what you think about me, or my little summary.

If I met twiggy in real life I am sure he would be a class act. He is the best WR in the game. I don't respect a lot of things he has done on the field and I am glad he doesn't wear the jersey of the team I have been routing for since I was 7 years old.
    Loyalty means everything to young black kids growing up in this world bro. Randy made a decision to defend a friend who most likely would have gotten his back too.

I'm not saying that's right. I've taken punches to the face and not hit back, despite simmering pride. But not everyone is as strong as I am, Del, and not everyone should have to be.

What I'm saying is that what you've endured is peanuts compared to things a lot of blacks still endure today - racism is still alive. In fact, I'm doing a study on the economics of racism for the upcoming school year. I'd love you to see it when I'm done, some of the numbers are scary.

And as for us arguing, I enjoy it most of the time bro. I'm not angry or anything. I just don't think you understand.

edit: What I"m basically saying, bro, is that there are those who completely overcome their environments - like the Harvard Law Professor who was once a Chicago gang member, etc - and those who overcome it, but can't fully shake some if its wiles (Allen Iverson, Randy Moss, etc.) This doesn't make them bad people, it just makes them more difficult to understand.

"audioghost" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Moss is gone....get off his nutz.
    And don't assume man, you don't know where we've grown up...for all you know Del coulda grown up in the Bronx....or Harlem....you don't know....
    As for the summary, I read both the summary and the long article....seemed pretty close to me.

As for trying to grow up in a slum...we'll get right to it buddy....let me get my time machine...LMAO!
    You're clever.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast