singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Great expecations mean pressure on QBs

[size=13pt]Around the NFL: Great expecations mean pressure on QBs[/size]

The heat will be on Rodgers, Jackson this season

By Tom Pelissero • [email protected] • June 15, 2008
    greenbaypressgazette.com

From Brad Johnson to Tarvaris Jackson to Kelly Holcomb to Brooks Bollinger and back, Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress has drawn as much scrutiny for his quarterback decisions as anything else in his two years at the helm....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Great expecations mean pressure on QBs

Four weeks ago, odds from the Web site bodoglife.com had the Packers at 20-to-1 to win the Super Bowl and the Vikings at 28-to-1. As of Friday afternoon, both teams are 22-to-1.
    In the short term, the weight on Rodgers can't be much greater than the one that will be shouldered by Jackson.
    Well at least some are starting to realize that Rodgers should be more of a question mark.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

our division had the worse set of qbs in the league. i expect lots of turnovers. which ever qb steps up first and learns to wins insead of just trying to not lose the game will take the division... and by take the division i mean come second to the vikings
    We're bringing purple back.

vikingsblitz is offline Training Camp

"marstc09" wrote:
    Four weeks ago, odds from the Web site bodoglife.com had the Packers at 20-to-1 to win the Super Bowl and the Vikings at 28-to-1. As of Friday afternoon, both teams are 22-to-1.
    In the short term, the weight on Rodgers can't be much greater than the one that will be shouldered by Jackson.
    Well at least some are starting to realize that Rodgers should be more of a question mark.
    Thank you and I totally agree! The kid played in 2 games last year which doesn't mean squat if you ask me. If he played 6-7 games, then I would think differently, but 1 good game against Dallas could have just been luck on his side.
    We come from the land of the ice and snow...crying Valhalla, I am coming!

Check out Vikings Blitz and feel the rush!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"gregair13" wrote:
    our division had the worse set of qbs in the league. i expect lots of turnovers. which ever qb steps up first and learns to wins insead of just trying to not lose the game will take the division... and by take the division i mean come second to the vikings
    And yet if one were to look at the stats (INT's) it doesn't appear as bad as you contend now does it....... :

Kitna's 20 was pretty bad but that whole team was pretty bad.
    TJ and Griese were middle of the pack guys (which for TJ wasn't bad for a kid of his experience level), and Lord Favre was just lord Favre......;D

Long story short, I don't see a drastic increase in INT's coming out of the NFC North.
    In fact I see quite the opposite.

Kitna will probably have the same issues but that line should protect him better, not sure about the Bores QB, TJ should be better and I anticipate that even though Rodgers will struggle at time, learning from the bench has its benifits with respect to understanding the game.

INT's will be down..... :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2007
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg