Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: GRAHAM SIGNS WITH BRONCOS (Maybe?)

So much for the Vikings will sign him at 12:01 thread!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

My guess is that he either wasn't told we were running the KAO or he didn't feel worthy of playing in it.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

We aren't getting Graham; as I had said in a previous thread, he's visiting a number of teams before us and will be too hot a commodity to last long without a good deal thrown his way.

The only rationale I can think Childress is working with is that he is solidly committed to his own offensive plan and was unwilling to modify his own vision to allow Wiggins to be used similar to the gameplans Linehan created. Otherwise, if it were a financial issue, it would have made a lot more sense to dump Kliensasser (WAY overpaid at over 3 mil/year for no receiving and declining blocking skills), get a ceaper pure-blocking TE, and hold onto Wiggy's significantly smaller contract unless/until we could nail down a speedier receiving TE.

I'm not really for or against Wiggins, but to toss him without getting a better option in our stable or to modify the scheme to maximize his (or many other players', for that matter) skills smacks of Childress being bull-headed.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"Odin" wrote:
    We aren't getting Graham; as I had said in a previous thread, he's visiting a number of teams before us and will be too hot a commodity to last long without a good deal thrown his way.

The only rationale I can think Childress is working with is that he is solidly committed to his own offensive plan and was unwilling to modify his own vision to allow Wiggins to be used similar to the gameplans Linehan created. Otherwise, if it were a financial issue, it would have made a lot more sense to dump Kliensasser (WAY overpaid at over 3 mil/year for no receiving and declining blocking skills), get a ceaper pure-blocking TE, and hold onto Wiggy's significantly smaller contract unless/until we could nail down a speedier receiving TE.

I'm not really for or against Wiggins, but to toss him without getting a better option in our stable or to modifythe scheme to maximize his (or many other players', for that matter) skills smacks of Childress being bull-headed.
    Wiggins asked to be let go. He realized as you have that CHildress is not going to change anything to accommodate the skills of the players he has. The players must adapt to the system. Hopefully Chilli finds players that all fit his system.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Odin" wrote:

I'm not really for or against Wiggins, but to toss him without getting a better option in our stable or to modifythe scheme to maximize his (or many other players', for that matter) skills smacks of Childress being bull-headed.
    Wiggins asked to be let go. He realized as you have that CHildress is not going to change anything to accommodate the skills of the players he has. The players must adapt to the system. Hopefully Chilli finds players that all fit his system.
    I know he asked; my point is that perhaps Childress should have begun to mix up his playbook a little bit, and it never would have come down to players asking to leave. Whether or not a player is good enough is one thing. Not being responsive enough to change strategies when unexpectedly bad results ensue, failing to utilize the talent you do have, and making players with generally good attitudes actively want to play elsewhere is a completely different ball game. Not to mention, it sends a bad signal to free agents...

My hope is that Childress will hand over control of this offense to somebody who has a clue. My expectation is that he won't, and we'll see a lot more players trying to get a one-way ticket out of Minnesota after this season.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

laujesse is offline Starter

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    My guess is that he either wasn't told we were running the KAO or he didn't feel worthy of playing in it.

It was changed to the "Kick jiggly butt Chuckwagon" earlier this year.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Daniel Graham the Latest to Sign a Massive Contract
    Posted Mar 7th 2007 2:45AM
    by mjd

Former Patriots tight end Daniel Graham is now a Denver Bronco. That's the word from Bill Williamson at the Denver Post. He's reporting that Graham signed a 5-year, $30 million deal that included $15 million in guaranteed money...
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234