Re:GOODELL SIGNS 5-YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION

jargomcfargo wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/latest/goodell-signs-5-year-contract-extension
    Just reading that. Now for the people that were angry at Childress' extension this one takes the cake. Owners unanymously voted for this. Pretty amazing to me when the players aren't real happy with the guy. This guy is ruining the game imo. He shows nothing but inconsistencies.
    Such as?

=Z=
    Jared Allen fined $50,000 for hits on Matt Schaub in 2008 regular season.

Bobby McCray fined $20,000 for hits on Brett Favre in 2009 NFCCG.

He's also expressed no concern with the way the rules are enforced despite fan backlash. Which is seriously disappointing to me. The day he addresses the officiating problems plaguing the NFL is the day I'm on his bandwagon. If you want to ruin the game by allowing new rules to be implemented, at least hire guys who can interpret them properly, and make them full time FFS.
    Yeah, he's clearly a Owner's Commissioner... not a Fan's Commissioner.

He also covered up probably the largest cheating scandal in NFL history because he's buddies with Kraft. Just an aside.
    Yeah. And we never walked on the moon and the government assassinated JFK...

(It WAS cheating - but the largest in history? I think that is a little overstated considering the minimal advantage that it gave the Pats...)
    I'm pretty certain your first two assertions are true.

I would like to see the coaching staffs held to the same behavioral expectation as the players.

I realize the coaching staffs are not under the same contractual agreement as players.

But the dichotomy of holding players to a higher standard is objectionable to this fan.
    Fining Rex Ryan $50k for flipping off an obnoxious fan off was pretty good IMO. Lets face it players act out more stupidly than coaches and owners. I am not championing the cause for Goddell or the owners, but lets be sure to give him the benefit of the doubt.

BTW the NE "Chea"triots issue was under the last commissioners watch by and large.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I kindof like the guy even though he is "Pro-Owner", if for no other reason than how he has handled the mandate by the owners to clean the league up.

Even though we lost a few talented (but wayward) players, the games are still very competitive and exciting.

As with the Chiller, another smart move made by an/the Owner/s.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/latest/goodell-signs-5-year-contract-extension
    Just reading that. Now for the people that were angry at Childress' extension this one takes the cake. Owners unanymously voted for this. Pretty amazing to me when the players aren't real happy with the guy. This guy is ruining the game imo. He shows nothing but inconsistencies.
    Such as?

=Z=

He's also expressed no concern with the way the rules are enforced despite fan backlash. Which is seriously disappointing to me. The day he addresses the officiating problems plaguing the NFL is the day I'm on his bandwagon. If you want to ruin the game by allowing new rules to be implemented, at least hire guys who can interpret them properly, and make them full time FFS.
    Regarding the Allen/McCray fine issue, Allen had been fined for a late hit a month before the Schaub fine, 5000 for a late hit in the Chicago game. Now to my knowledge has McCray been fined this season for the same hit? I haven't followed the Saints that closely to know but if he hasn't the 2 incidents aren't as similar as some would like to make them.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

vikinggreg wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Such as?

=Z=

Regarding the Allen/McCray fine issue, Allen had been fined for a late hit a month before the Schaub fine, 5000 for a late hit in the Chicago game. Now to my knowledge has McCray been fined this season for the same hit? I haven't followed the Saints that closely to know but if he hasn't the 2 incidents aren't as similar as some would like to make them.
    Yes he was fined $5000 earlier in the 2008 season, but should that escalate his fine by that much? He was fined for two low hits , both of which were the only way to make the play. One of Allen's hits he was blocked into him, the other he was slipping and initiated the tackle before the ball left Schaubs hand. The only ways for him to make the play.

The ball was gone, and McCray could have just fallen on the ground, but he chose to go for that extra effort and hit Favre low. Add that to the huge hit he put on Favre on the backside of a running play and you have two malicious hits. There's a major difference in their offenses IMO.

McCray is a piece of trash, a player I will never respect after the NFCCG.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Mr Anderson wrote:

just want the owners want - a self financing commissioner - no wonder the fines have been flying about this year :woohoo:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Such as?

=Z=
    His nconsistencies in fines. Personally, I think the parity that made the game so much better is starting to go away. I think he fines some people more for doing the same penalties than others. Honestly I have no real examples. I think the $10,000 fine to Welker for a snow angel is ludicrous. I think getting rid of evidence from Kraft is ludicrous. Take the Williams' situation. Here is a guy that is looking at trying to find things to suspend people for. I do agree with part of what he did in that scenario however a drug test is for deterrence. Not to catch people. The entire Star Cap issue is a joke because of the way they went about (or didn't go about) doing what was necessary to get the word out.

There are just a few decisions the guy has made that I personally don't agree with. I don't agree with the probowl being before the superbowl.

These are just to name a few off the top of my head. Remember, it is just really my opinion. Doesn't mean I am right or wrong. Just means it's what I beliieve about him from the outside looking in.

Erinnn is offline Starter

Great, five more years of Goodell trying his damndest to suck the last remaining bit of fun and joy out of the game.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Erinnn wrote:
    Great, five more years of Goodell trying his damndest to suck the last remaining bit of fun and joy out of the game.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123