Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Goodell orders teams to attend concussion meeting


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Griff is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    15

    Re: Goodell orders teams to attend concussion meeting

    What the hell kind of site triggers a "Windows Install" on first visit?!
    >

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Goodell orders teams to attend concussion meeting

    "Griff" wrote:
    What the hell kind of site triggers a "Windows Install" on first visit?!
    >
    ??? I have no idea what you are talking about.
    There looks to be some ad tech running in front of the site, and if your browser doesn't have the required ActiveX controls, it might ask you to install something.
    I hit it in FireFox, and I have few additional controls installed, and I had no problem.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Goodell orders teams to attend concussion meeting

    Good to see him going after this issue promptly.

    It was the next thing he needed to address after the conduct policy.

    So far Goodell has been doing a good job, IMO.
    -Sno

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Goodell orders teams to attend concussion meeting

    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    Good to see him going after this issue promptly.

    It was the next thing he needed to address after the conduct policy.

    So far Goodell has been doing a good job, IMO.
    I am OK with his job so far.
    Now if he can get the NFL stadium initiative back in play, that would make me happy.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Goodell orders teams to attend concussion meeting

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    Good to see him going after this issue promptly.

    It was the next thing he needed to address after the conduct policy.

    So far Goodell has been doing a good job, IMO.
    I am OK with his job so far.
    Now if he can get the NFL stadium initiative back in play, that would make me happy.
    You bring up a good point, but we can't expect him to solve all the problems at once. He's taking it a step at a time, and trying to do things right as opposed to quickly. Prudence is probably a good thing when it comes to controlling an entity the size of the National Football League.
    -Sno

  7. #7
    Griff is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    15

    Re: Goodell orders teams to attend concussion meeting

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    There looks to be some ad tech running in front of the site, and if your browser doesn't have the required ActiveX controls, it might ask you to install something.
    See, it didn't "ask" to install, it just started installing, and I quickly hit "cancel" - I'm on my work computer - if I wind up getting adware on this computer, I'm liable to get fired!

Similar Threads

  1. What concussion? Vikings' Benny Sapp says he's fine
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 06:30 AM
  2. NFL players promise brains to concussion research
    By VikingMike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 10:08 PM
  3. NFL concussion summit
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 06:34 AM
  4. Big Ben suffered concussion vs. Falcons
    By PurplePride80 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 06:14 AM
  5. What college/university did you attend or attend now?
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 06:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •