Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Goodell highlights new NFL shield

    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8077fc54

    Not a huge change, but I like the fact that the football in modeled after the Lombardi Trophey now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Goodell highlights new NFL shield

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8077fc54

    Not a huge change, but I like the fact that the football in modeled after the Lombardi Trophey now.
    Thank GOD they've fixed that.
    Whew!
    Now - on to real drug testing!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Goodell highlights new NFL shield

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8077fc54

    Not a huge change, but I like the fact that the football in modeled after the Lombardi Trophey now.
    Thank GOD they've fixed that.
    Whew!
    Now - on to real drug testing!

    =Z=
    exactly , heaven forbid that the league get caught up in petty issues like rule changes, player discipline etc
    when the shield design is not 21st century compliant ... :
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Goodell highlights new NFL shield

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8077fc54

    Not a huge change, but I like the fact that the football in modeled after the Lombardi Trophey now.
    Thank GOD they've fixed that.
    Whew!
    Now - on to real drug testing!

    =Z=
    exactly , heaven forbid that the league get caught up in petty issues like rule changes, player discipline etc
    when the shield design is not 21st century compliant ... :
    You guys are silly. You act like they had to forgo the other issues just to get this one on the agenda.
    It wasn't even a discussion point of the owners meetings.
    It was a couple minutes of Goodell unveiling it.
    It didn't take away from anything else...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Goodell highlights new NFL shield

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8077fc54

    Not a huge change, but I like the fact that the football in modeled after the Lombardi Trophey now.
    Thank GOD they've fixed that.
    Whew!
    Now - on to real drug testing!

    =Z=
    exactly , heaven forbid that the league get caught up in petty issues like rule changes, player discipline etc
    when the shield design is not 21st century compliant ... :
    You guys are silly. You act like they had to forgo the other issues just to get this one on the agenda.
    It wasn't even a discussion point of the owners meetings.
    It was a couple minutes of Goodell unveiling it.
    It didn't take away from anything else...
    That remains to be seen.
    They probably needed the "new shield" to cover up the cheating scandal.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #6
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Goodell highlights new NFL shield

    looks like its got that old school feel to it. That logo change needed to be done I hope they aren't worried about what color the grass should be for Outdoor fields V.S. Indoor stadiums.......
    lets get to the real issues that need to be remedied.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

  7. #7
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Goodell highlights new NFL shield

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8077fc54

    Not a huge change, but I like the fact that the football in modeled after the Lombardi Trophey now.
    Thank GOD they've fixed that.
    Whew!
    Now - on to real drug testing!

    =Z=
    exactly , heaven forbid that the league get caught up in petty issues like rule changes, player discipline etc
    when the shield design is not 21st century compliant ... :
    You guys are silly. You act like they had to forgo the other issues just to get this one on the agenda.
    It wasn't even a discussion point of the owners meetings.
    It was a couple minutes of Goodell unveiling it.
    It didn't take away from anything else...

    but of course we're being silly.... what I would like to know is how much the re-design has cost the league - trust me it won't be just a few pennies
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  8. #8
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Goodell highlights new NFL shield

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8077fc54

    Not a huge change, but I like the fact that the football in modeled after the Lombardi Trophey now.
    Thank GOD they've fixed that.
    Whew!
    Now - on to real drug testing!
    exactly , heaven forbid that the league get caught up in petty issues like rule changes, player discipline etc
    when the shield design is not 21st century compliant ... :
    You guys are silly. You act like they had to forgo the other issues just to get this one on the agenda.
    It wasn't even a discussion point of the owners meetings.
    It was a couple minutes of Goodell unveiling it.
    It didn't take away from anything else...
    I thought you were involved in marketing in some sort of way?

    LOL - that little change most likely involved 8 months of pre-design meeting, 14 versions of design documents, 25 prototypes, 50 samples and 100 votes on which one Jerry, Danny and Bobby liked the best.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #9
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Goodell highlights new NFL shield

    That is the most exciting video I've watched in the last minute.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Similar Threads

  1. You're a Sly One, Mr. Goodell
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 01:23 PM
  2. Viking shield?
    By Mike Bullock in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 06:39 AM
  3. Goodell reinstates Favre
    By gagarr in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 09:13 AM
  4. Goodell on rookie pay: 'There's something wrong
    By AngloVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 03:58 PM
  5. Spin doctor can't help NFL, Goodell
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 08:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •