Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Goodell getting tough on NFL hooligans?

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8169916?MSNHPHMA

    How about cracking down on the MOST IMPORTANT THING...you know, blatant premeditated attempts to destroy the integrity of the game...oh wait, I forgot, you can't do that to your 'buddies'...so hey, let's just take it out on the people who really pay the bills in the league...the fans.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #2
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,779
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Goodell getting tough on NFL hooligans?

    Well least the Dome isn't one of those stadiums.. the games I've been to I can honestly say that I haven't witnessed any drunken behaviour. Seen a few visiting fans that were acting like arses but they didn't need to be drunk to be like that
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  3. #3
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Goodell getting tough on NFL hooligans?

    Did everyone notice that "the Raiders" were mentioned more than any other team?
    I've been to a Cards-Raiders game, the Raiders destroyed the helpless Cards, and the Raiders fans were by far the most rude I've ever seen.
    It's like a Pro DE just got done body slamming a pee-wee league, 65lb kid and then dancing around his crumpled body.

    I saw at least 4 fights on the way out of the stadium, when Cards fans simply tried to quite the Raiders fans and the Raiders fans started throwing punches.

    The thing is how can the NFL determine who did what?
    If I was ever busted for brawling at a game and they asked me which team I rooted for, I sure wouldn't say the Vikes if I knew they would get fined for my stupid behavior.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  4. #4
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: Goodell getting tough on NFL hooligans?

    I'm not sure what the answer is.
    You'll never get a family friendly atmosphere at a sporting event where beer is being served.
    A few people will always overindulge and make it hard for the rest, especially families.


    A couple of years ago I brought my daughter (who at the time was eight) to a game and ended up next to some numskull who had been drinking all day before the game, and didn't stop when he got there.
    Every other word had four letters... spoken at the top of his lungs.
    Everyone around us was appalled that he would speak that way in front of a child, but that didn't stop him... he was completely oblivious.

    I would have popped him one in the nose, but what message would that send my daughter?

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  5. #5
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,493

    Re: Goodell getting tough on NFL hooligans?

    "SKOL" wrote:
    I'm not sure what the answer is.
    You'll never get a family friendly atmosphere at a sporting event where beer is being served.
    A few people will always overindulge and make it hard for the rest, especially families.


    A couple of years ago I brought my daughter (who at the time was eight) to a game and ended up next to some numskull who had been drinking all day before the game, and didn't stop when he got there.
    Every other word had four letters... spoken at the top of his lungs.
    Everyone around us was appalled that he would speak that way in front of a child, but that didn't stop him... he was completely oblivious.

    I would have popped him one in the nose, but what message would that send my daughter?
    "Assholes need a good pop in the face sometimes..." which I think is a perfectly fine... and true... message.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #6
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Goodell getting tough on NFL hooligans?

    The closest I came to a fight was the Viking-Denver game in 1999 in Denver on Holloween.
    My girlfriend and I came fully dressed in Viking holloween fashion.
    Sat behind 2 Denver fans that were 2 fisted drinking the whole game.
    I was just cheering the Vikes on, never said anything bad about the Broncos.
    If you remember the Vikes pulled off the upset at the end of the game.
    The Bronco fans were pissed.

    While I and my girlfriend were poising for a picture with the scoreboard in the background, one of the Bronco fans, takes the $6 plastic viking horn hat from my head, tears off the horns and throws it over the side of the stadium.
    You should have saw the totally satisfied grin on his face... destroying my hat made him soooo happy.
    All I could do was laugh.


    That pissed him off more!
    They were following us out of the stadium, the one just kept getting madder while the other tried to cool him off.
    Just before the guy boiled over, a big group of Viking fans merged with us.
    My girlfriend told them what the guy did to my hat and they all started screaming "Go Vikes" at them all the way out of the stadium.

    IT WAS GREAT!
    ;D
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  7. #7
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Goodell getting tough on NFL hooligans?

    i have seen fights at eskimos games (cfl) and most of them are fulled by the beer. but the alcohol sales is part of the money they make. would raising prices help? probably not. they just have to cut off people at their own discression and if they don't know the score or if they fall over, kick them out before something happens
    We're bringing purple back.

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Goodell getting tough on NFL hooligans?

    "gagarr" wrote:
    Did everyone notice that "the Raiders" were mentioned more than any other team?
    I've been to a Cards-Raiders game, the Raiders destroyed the helpless Cards, and the Raiders fans were by far the most rude I've ever seen. It's like a Pro DE just got done body slamming a pee-wee league, 65lb kid and then dancing around his crumpled body.
    or how about a DE from the Texans talking smack to Trent Green while he's laying unconcious on the ground

  9. #9
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Goodell getting tough on NFL hooligans?

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    Did everyone notice that "the Raiders" were mentioned more than any other team?
    I've been to a Cards-Raiders game, the Raiders destroyed the helpless Cards, and the Raiders fans were by far the most rude I've ever seen. It's like a Pro DE just got done body slamming a pee-wee league, 65lb kid and then dancing around his crumpled body.
    or how about a DE from the Texans talking smack to Trent Green while he's laying unconcious on the ground
    he deserved it, Trent Green made a dirty block, went after travis johnson's knee, and got knocked out, and the guy deserved to get some smack talk, if Green wants to play dirty, then he can take some smack, laying on the ground. The pic of Johnson talking shit to Green used to be my pic on here lol


    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  10. #10
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Goodell getting tough on NFL hooligans?

    I'm not saying he shouldn't deserve smak talk, but you don't talk smack to someone who's laying unconsious.
    Thats like kicking a baby in the face.

Similar Threads

  1. Goodell: Pay me $1 if work stoppage
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 06:44 PM
  2. You're a Sly One, Mr. Goodell
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 01:23 PM
  3. Goodell on rookie pay: 'There's something wrong
    By AngloVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 03:58 PM
  4. Goodell highlights new NFL shield
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 08:44 AM
  5. Goodell wants to get tougher on spying
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 10:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •